Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Old Apr 24th 2014, 1:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of
Default Re: Manitoba - Strategic Initiative

Ha, I'm totally the same! FSW hasn't been an option for us until now - I qualify under TWO noc codes and my wife under one! While Manitoba PNP seems to be analysing every full stop and comma in my application five months after it was submitted. So back to form filling to get FSW submitted in case Manitoba says no...

Originally Posted by La_LuNa
yeah, Canada, great. thank you.. NOW you put my occupation on FSW list???
oh, what ever..

I've been dreaming about Canada since 2008. Watched many doors closing while my husband was hoping things will get better here in CRO..
Finally, FINALLY we decide to immigrate, and after excessive research and almost no sleep in process we find our complicated, long and expensive opportunity 'cause, really, there's no other way for us for PR...
we put in so much effort and money, we try to accept the fact, if we don't get JO, we'll have to wait years for actual landing....

and then... this!!!!
I don't even wanna go on my VO site to check up the FSW processing times, 'cause I think I might explode!!!! (I know It's less than PNP)

You know what? never mind..
this way at least we managed to discover Morden, to discover such a perfect place to live. I'm not sorry we decided on Morden, I'm just mad 'cause FSW is "cheaper" and faster
Old Apr 24th 2014, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

dwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud ofdwight-van-man has much to be proud of

BUT - just spotted the flaw in the plan... The FSW application pack needs an assessment of qualifications from an 'approved agency' or they won't process it. I never had my qualifications assessed as it wasn't needed for Manitoba pnp... And I'm guessing its not possible to get this done in a week!!
Old Apr 24th 2014, 2:47 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dwight-van-man
BUT - just spotted the flaw in the plan... The FSW application pack needs an assessment of qualifications from an 'approved agency' or they won't process it. I never had my qualifications assessed as it wasn't needed for Manitoba pnp... And I'm guessing its not possible to get this done in a week!!
Takes a few weeks, but then of course everybody else will be in the same boat and only now starting to gather paperwork! Don't forget IELTS as well, that'll take at least 4 weeks usually by the time you've waited for a test slot and then got results.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Takes a few weeks, but then of course everybody else will be in the same boat and only now starting to gather paperwork! Don't forget IELTS as well, that'll take at least 4 weeks usually by the time you've waited for a test slot and then got results.
yeah, but you know, it's possible some people already gathered all documents, including credential assessment. I planned to send my form to WES back in December, but University office was closed for holidays and later I found out IQAS assessment is enough for me (but not for immingration purposes). I like to prepare all the papers in advance, and I doubt there aren't 99 more people like me on this planet in my occupation
so, yeah, it's possible it's already too late. not for all occupations, but you can never know...

we stick to MPNP. this changes nothing for me and my family..
I just rant a little
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

yeah, but you know, it's possible some people already gathered all documents, including credential assessment. I planned to send my form to WES back in December, but University office was closed for holidays and later I found out IQAS assessment is enough for me (but no for immingration purposes). I like to prepare all the papers in advance, and I doubt there aren't 99 more people like me on this planet in my occupation
I was referring to Dwight, who suddenly qualifies and therefore presumably comes under a NOC code that hasn't been on the FSW list before.

I totally agree that those that are in occupations that have been on before may well have been gathering paperwork in anticipation, but there are many jobs on there that haven't been on before, and I think it will have taken most people in those occupations by surprise.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 3:10 pm
Forum Regular

La_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to beholdLa_LuNa is a splendid one to behold

I was referring to Dwight, who suddenly qualifies and therefore presumably comes under a NOC code that hasn't been on the FSW list before.

I totally agree that those that are in occupations that have been on before may well have been gathering paperwork in anticipation, but there are many jobs on there that haven't been on before, and I think it will have taken most people in those occupations by surprise.
yeah, I know you reffered on him, I'm in the same position, my occupation's also "new" on this list. but, since I knew from the beggining I'll need credential assessment for work purposes in Canada (regulated) I was ready to do the process with WES just to maximize my chances and, you know, to leave a good impression

you're probably right, when it comes to "new" occupations on list, people will probably be unprepared..
Old Apr 24th 2014, 4:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks - thats what I'm hoping!! I've got the IELTS for me & my wife aready - just we didn't need the educational certificate validation for MPNP... Being a firm believer in sods law, I pretty much expect to get a positive response back from MPNP once I've got the educational certificates validated and submitted the FSW app!! I'm just wary about the time MPNP are taking, so suddenly qualifying under FSW, it makes sense to apply here as well rather than wait for another month perhaps for MPNP and find out they say no...

Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:01 pm
Handsome

iforti is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks - thats what I'm hoping!! I've got the IELTS for me & my wife aready - just we didn't need the educational certificate validation for MPNP... Being a firm believer in sods law, I pretty much expect to get a positive response back from MPNP once I've got the educational certificates validated and submitted the FSW app!! I'm just wary about the time MPNP are taking, so suddenly qualifying under FSW, it makes sense to apply here as well rather than wait for another month perhaps for MPNP and find out they say no...
Ur right Dwight, this waiting thing really makes us doubtfull are we going to be qualified or not for the nomination... Im going to wait till some more days and if there is no reaction from their side, probably Im considering the FSW program... Cause I dont need credential assessment, I just need to send the docs which are ready to be sent...
Old Apr 24th 2014, 7:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

The waiting is driving me insane!! I'm in two minds about doing the fsw too now, but it looks like the same form and fees as would apply if we're approved through MPNP so presumably it's possible to amend the application if pnp is successful? I'm going to get my credentials assessed anyway and hopefully by the time this comes through, we might be some way forward with mpnp...
Old Apr 24th 2014, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not even done with EV yet, but I'm totally crazed when I see you people wait LOA for more then 5 months!! my VO timeline is 19 months for PNP!!! I'm gonna die, bankrupt and die all over again here 'till I get PR

but, we decided to stick with PNP.
main reason is we really wanna settle in Morden.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:06 am
Handsome

The waiting is driving me insane!! I'm in two minds about doing the fsw too now, but it looks like the same form and fees as would apply if we're approved through MPNP so presumably it's possible to amend the application if pnp is successful? I'm going to get my credentials assessed anyway and hopefully by the time this comes through, we might be some way forward with mpnp...
Im not sure if you can do both, MPNP and FSW, I think ur not allowed because of Manitoba's regulations but to wait for non sense reason is not an option also... This waiting is stressful... Makes me think many options but after all Im gonna wait till the final decision, but its good that we have FSW now too... just hope for a faster process for all.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 5:11 am
Handsome

I'm not even done with EV yet, but I'm totally crazed when I see you people wait LOA for more then 5 months!! my VO timeline is 19 months for PNP!!! I'm gonna die, bankrupt and die all over again here 'till I get PR

but, we decided to stick with PNP.
main reason is we really wanna settle in Morden.
La Luna, you and me as things are moving we can see each other in Morden by 2017, or 2020 because every month things are changing in Canada, unfortunately not for our good, just bad
Old Apr 25th 2014, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

I haven't researched, so maybe I'm wrong, but people, it's simply illogical to apply in CIC with PNP and FSW.

you gotta chose one option..
the only question is, which one?

we decided on PNP.

I'm just worried now... Could MPNP reject my app 'cause I'm eligible to immigrate under another program?
Old Apr 25th 2014, 8:23 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by iforti
Ur right Dwight, this waiting thing really makes us doubtfull are we going to be qualified or not for the nomination... Im going to wait till some more days and if there is no reaction from their side, probably Im considering the FSW program... Cause I dont need credential assessment, I just need to send the docs which are ready to be sent...
You don't need credential assessment because you've already had it done presumably?

If anybody is considering applying for the FSW prog as well, I don't think they should wait, particularly if they're in one of the more popular NOC codes.

As for the PNP wait, in immigration terms it's nothing! Used to be a 5 year wait for FSW apps from the UK, even longer for other countries.
Old Apr 25th 2014, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Successful4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Received my AOR yesterday... Hopefully it wont be too long to receive medical request. I understand London VO takes a longer time to process applications. Anyone using London VO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.