Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:10 am
Forum Regular

Approval_Now_PLEASE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ENS Visa (121/856) Current Timescales (Part 2.....)

Originally Posted by dakine
Hey approval_now did you call them?

what did they say?

Thanks

They said no CO assigned and it should be within the next 4 weeks a CO will be assigned. Then i got the normal response of a couple weeks after that should no further documentation be required I will get a response/approval.

When i spoke to them they didn't sound very confident in the information they were providing. i called twice and basically got the same info. not very reassuring.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

ken1234 is an unknown quantity at this point

collie who is a doctor got his approved yeterday ... as per spreadsheey congrats
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:06 am
Forum Regular

dakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura aboutdakine has a spectacular aura about

I think timescales are getting worse and worse, it seems that 5 months is now the norm. I'm over 3 months not even nomination approved
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Approval_Now_PLEASE
When i spoke to them they didn't sound very confident in the information they were providing. i called twice and basically got the same info. not very reassuring.
That sounds reassuring to me. However if you'd called twice and got different messages, that wouldn't be very reassuring. Stop calling is my suggestion but I'm sure you'll ignore that.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 2:36 am
BE Enthusiast

ens856_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
That sounds reassuring to me. However if you'd called twice and got different messages, that wouldn't be very reassuring. Stop calling is my suggestion but I'm sure you'll ignore that.
Why are you suggesting people not to call DIAC? They are not calling CO, they are just calling call center whose job is provide information to people
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:06 am
Just Joined

VV10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ken1234
Thats good man... now just wait and keep your fingers crossed ... its all good ...and dnt email him back again ... just wait and i think 2day or perhaps 2mrw is ur day ...

Why were you asked to do the medicals again?????
Our nomination was approved in Nov 09 within 3 weeks after submission. But still waiting for the visa approval which lodged in March ... hello Chan, have you heard anything in the meantime.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

vv_rgr_vv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ens856_2010
Why are you suggesting people not to call DIAC? They are not calling CO, they are just calling call center whose job is provide information to people
I called the call centre 5 times before and got different answers:

1st - operator told me that she will ask my CO to ring me back but CO didn't call back
2nd - I was told the my application is still under investigation
3rd - I was told that it will be escalated to the business section and someone will call me within 2 days but no one called
4th - I was told that I don't have a CO yet and gave me an e-mail address
5th - I was told that I have a CO

I'm hoping that the last information I've got is accurate as I've been waiting for more than 7 months now.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:21 am
BE Enthusiast

ens856_2010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vv_rgr_vv
I called the call centre 5 times before and got different answers:

1st - operator told me that she will ask my CO to ring me back but CO didn't call back
2nd - I was told the my application is still under investigation
3rd - I was told that it will be escalated to the business section and someone will call me within 2 days but no one called
4th - I was told that I don't have a CO yet and gave me an e-mail address
5th - I was told that I have a CO

I'm hoping that the last information I've got is accurate as I've been waiting for more than 7 months now.

I suggest you put everything on paper and send an email to DIAC. I mean just tell them you are getting different information everytine Also, it's very strange your MA is not taking any action.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

This was my first call to them. They said a CO would be assigned 8 weeks after approval. I called on the 9th.

I called the second time as the information was given to me in a way that lead me to believe was false.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:31 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimsajan
Hi is anyone knows whats happening with the current visa 856 application in Perth??I heard that 5-7 months,thought that it take only a month.....is there any chances of getting fast before the new financial year???
We put ours in on the 22nd April, with the nomination already approved! Still not got it!

Employer called DIAC last week, and was told that we would be allocated a case officer the following day. We have been told by DIAC that it may take up to 5 months, as they are very short staffed!

When did you submit?
Old Jun 1st 2010, 3:36 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Approval_Now_PLEASE
This was my first call to them. They said a CO would be assigned 8 weeks after approval. I called on the 9th.

I called the second time as the information was given to me in a way that lead me to believe was false.
That's not what you said previously but whatever. Stop asking and you'll stop getting conflicting advice from people who aren't actually dealing with your case and so will only give generic advice. If your CO needs to contact you they will, I imagine they are too busy working and unable to find the time to speak to caller after caller after caller who want reassurance simply because they are impatient. That's why they don't hand out CO phone numbers, they don't want to be bothered and distracted from the work in hand.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

vv_rgr_vv is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ens856_2010
I suggest you put everything on paper and send an email to DIAC. I mean just tell them you are getting different information everytine Also, it's very strange your MA is not taking any action.
Nah, it's fine. If I don't get it in the next couple of months, I'll just move somewhere else
Old Jun 1st 2010, 4:31 am
Forum Regular

That's not what you said previously but whatever. Stop asking and you'll stop getting conflicting advice from people who aren't actually dealing with your case and so will only give generic advice. If your CO needs to contact you they will, I imagine they are too busy working and unable to find the time to speak to caller after caller after caller who want reassurance simply because they are impatient. That's why they don't hand out CO phone numbers, they don't want to be bothered and distracted from the work in hand.

I called to see if i got a CO moneypenny. If i wanted to be spoken to like that i would have gone to your mums house.......but it's not Thursday so i'll wait until then.
Old Jun 1st 2010, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

chan012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by VV10
Our nomination was approved in Nov 09 within 3 weeks after submission. But still waiting for the visa approval which lodged in March ... hello Chan, have you heard anything in the meantime.
No still nothing from me , fingers and toes crossed. Lynn
Old Jun 1st 2010, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

chan012 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am really starting to think that it makes absolutely no difference what your occupation is if your application has been lodged at the paramatta office...looking at the spreadsheet and it shows

Kitechick Lodged 856 at Paramatta Jan 2010 and approved 18th May 2010 - Occupation Marketing

then

Collie lodged 856 at Paramatta Dec 09 and approved 31st may 2010 - Occupation Doctor

I thought medical applications came first no matter what.......Although this doesn't help us as o/h is a Painter & Decorator.......Perhaps i am just trying to see logic in all this

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.