Spouse Visa Circle

Old May 30th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Location: Holmbridge, West Yorkshire - Heading home to the Goldie!
shelld81 will become famous soon enoughshelld81 will become famous soon enough
Default Spouse Visa Circle

Hi All,

I figured the best way to rectify this problem is simply to move our thread to the immigration forum so it's not in the way. As everyone has said, it's a huge help to all and I don't see it will be a problem if we continue it in the right place. Can't believe this happened on the same day we're posting our application though... I'm not very good at navigating around places like this so let me know how I've gone!

Best of luck everyone!
Old May 30th 2008, 10:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Spouse Visa Circle

Originally Posted by shelld81
Hi All,

I figured the best way to rectify this problem is simply to move our thread to the immigration forum so it's not in the way. As everyone has said, it's a huge help to all and I don't see it will be a problem if we continue it in the right place. Can't believe this happened on the same day we're posting our application though... I'm not very good at navigating around places like this so let me know how I've gone!

Best of luck everyone!
I've edited the title, as it was just confusing - it hasn't been moved from the Barbie, and I've already had one message asking how ordinary posters (not Mods) are able to move threads

Quite happy for there to be a Spouse Visa thread in here but it must stay on topic for serious immigration-visa questions - if it becomes a centre for congratulations, and discussions of where you are all going to live etc, like the last one, then the Immigration queries will again be swamped. If that happens, I'm moving it to the Barbie, as it will be afr more "in the way" in here where people want serious answers to often complex questions
Old May 30th 2008, 4:17 pm
Just Joined

bella.b is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by shelld81
Hi All,

Best of luck everyone!
Hi guys,

Glad that it is all up and running again - dont know what I would have done without it!! Good luck with the application shell81, ours hasn't quite made it away today Still waiting on a certified statement to come through the post from a friend of my OH's. Was posted on Tues and we still dont have it today - I am gutted and ever so slightly agitated . Fingers crossed Royal Mail pull through for us tomorrow!
Old May 30th 2008, 7:49 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

I posted a question earlier today in the Immigration forum that Pollyana kindly responded to but I have been stressing on all the possible scenarios we have and thought I would ask for more advice if I may.

I am the Brit my wife is from Adelaide and we are currently living in Exeter in the UK.

We met in 2001, moved in together in 2003, took a mortgage out together in early 2004, married in late 2004, had a son in mid 2006 and have another baby due in Sept of this year. Lots of joint paperwork etc.

We have the situation where we will be exchanging contracts on our house next week although we have asked for 4 weeks before completion. Removal companies need 10 days notice on cancellation/postponement etc.

I have not yet received my Spouse visa. I sent the paperwork in first week of April, the police checks were sent in during the last week of April and the Medicals were sent in on 12th May although they were mislaid until the 22nd.

I received an email last Friday from Oz House informing me the medicals had been referred to the Health Operations Centre which Pollyana has informed me is quite normal.

Any way - the question.

If there were problems with the application would they have raised any queries etc already. When the Health Operations Centre respond on the medicals, apart from potential medical related queries are there likely to be any more queries or hoops to jump through. Ie is there likley to be anything else to delay a response.........
Old May 31st 2008, 10:08 am
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by taffgmg
I posted a question earlier today in the Immigration forum that Pollyana kindly responded to but I have been stressing on all the possible scenarios we have and thought I would ask for more advice if I may.

I am the Brit my wife is from Adelaide and we are currently living in Exeter in the UK.

We met in 2001, moved in together in 2003, took a mortgage out together in early 2004, married in late 2004, had a son in mid 2006 and have another baby due in Sept of this year. Lots of joint paperwork etc.

We have the situation where we will be exchanging contracts on our house next week although we have asked for 4 weeks before completion. Removal companies need 10 days notice on cancellation/postponement etc.

I have not yet received my Spouse visa. I sent the paperwork in first week of April, the police checks were sent in during the last week of April and the Medicals were sent in on 12th May although they were mislaid until the 22nd.

I received an email last Friday from Oz House informing me the medicals had been referred to the Health Operations Centre which Pollyana has informed me is quite normal.

Any way - the question.

If there were problems with the application would they have raised any queries etc already. When the Health Operations Centre respond on the medicals, apart from potential medical related queries are there likely to be any more queries or hoops to jump through. Ie is there likley to be anything else to delay a response.........
We are in the same boat! We applied on 25 March, semi frontloaded application with PCC's. Then I had the medical early April which was sent to LCU as I scored a ''B''. We emailed LCU as we didn't hear anything from our CO for a whole month. LCU told us that our medical was ''sucessfully processed'' on 12 May and our CO has the info... still heard nothing, so OH phoned CO who didn't even know the medical was cleared. She told us that they will now progress the application further. A few hours later we got an email from her requesting a telephonic interview which I did on Tuesday. Afterwards she said we will hear by the end of the week. Now it is Saturday and no news...

I think with these kinds of things you never know, so I would rather wait. We almost bought our tickets last week and I am happy we waited as it seems they don't keep to their word.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

esteeandrew is an unknown quantity at this point

We got our visa today!!!!!!

So happy!!!

Here is our timeline if anyone is interested:
http://www.austimeline.com/aus/displayApp.jsp?id=5650
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

taffgmg will become famous soon enoughtaffgmg will become famous soon enough

Congratulations!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:53 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

So we are back in business,for a minute i thought that Polly was getting a bit big for her pants

My spouse papers finally went in to oz house last friday,money came out today and meds booked for next tues,so let the good times roll(hopefully)
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 7:54 pm
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by esteeandrew

So happy!!!

Sorry just saw your message,thats brilliant But lets not congratulate you too much cause the mods(one in particular wont like it,you know who you are)
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

RCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud ofRCoight has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by taffgmg

Any way - the question.

It depends entirely on how the case officer does their work.
Some of them won't bother looking at the application until the medicals are done.
Others will look at the whole application and put it to one side until they've heard from Sydney.
Sorry it's not the answer you are waiting for but if it's any consolation the CO will, either way, not be wanting to leave it for ages if s/he can possibly help it.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:20 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Hello,

I posted sometime ago on the old thread and now we are getting close to putting our application in. Background married 14 years, living in uk, three children (9,9 and 8). moving to Aus in nov.

I have a question, we are getting certification of our documents tomorrow. Is it just both birth certs,, marriage cert and passport of applicant that needs certifying.
Am i right in thinking I have to send my australian passport in as proof of citizenship and do the photos need certifying.

should know but would love clarification,

Thanks
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:29 pm
Feeble Minded

SillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond reputeSillyOldBag has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by flodsfive
Hello,

I posted sometime ago on the old thread and now we are getting close to putting our application in. Background married 14 years, living in uk, three children (9,9 and 8). moving to Aus in nov.

I have a question, we are getting certification of our documents tomorrow. Is it just both birth certs,, marriage cert and passport of applicant that needs certifying.
Am i right in thinking I have to send my australian passport in as proof of citizenship and do the photos need certifying.

should know but would love clarification,

Thanks
You don't need to send in your australian passport - just a certified copy of the page with your photo on it. You're right its just passports and birth certs for both of you plus your marriage cert and if applicable any change of name deeds and/or divorce certs. Your photos don't need to be certified just the name of the person written on the back of each of them.

Good luck

.... and congratulations to esteeandrew - thats great news!! Keep us posted on the thread in the barbie about how your plans go from here!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

flodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really niceflodsfive is just really nice

Originally Posted by SillyOldBag
You don't need to send in your australian passport - just a certified copy of the page with your photo on it. You're right its just passports and birth certs for both of you plus your marriage cert and if applicable any change of name deeds and/or divorce certs. Your photos don't need to be certified just the name of the person written on the back of each of them.

Good luck

.... and congratulations to esteeandrew - thats great news!! Keep us posted on the thread in the barbie about how your plans go from here!!

Thankyou!!!!!!!!

Getting close to handing it in now, very stressed:curse:

Roll on Nov.
Old Jun 4th 2008, 11:24 am
Forum Regular

JBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud ofJBlokeUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by esteeandrew

So happy!!!

Congratulations Estee you must be over the moon!

I hope to have the same feeling myself soon. Have now done my relationship statement, got the evidence together, filled in form 47SP and sending off for police check today. Just got the form 80 to complete and get my medical sorted before submitting my application for PMV at end of the month.

Been so stressed the last few weeks!

Quick question, can my doctor certify my documents that I need to include in my application?
Old Jun 4th 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

nina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the roughnina25 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I'm sending my pmv off on monday but didn't think you have to fill out a form 80 unless asked? On the checklist it says to send if requested by the department so I haven't filled one in?!!

Nina

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.