L/L2 Confusion

Old Apr 18th 2010, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

emiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really nice
Default L/L2 Confusion

Hi all, the visa interview is now booked for 6 May for both me (and soon to be husband) for the L1/L2 visa application.

We have both completed the online D160 form as that is now the one used by our local embassy (we are Brits based in Amsterdam) however I must say when booking the interview I got a little confused.

When holding for an operator I had a pre-recorded message telling me all the things required for the interview. I am just hoping the message was outdated because it mentioned we needed the completed D156 (I think thats the old D160) but also if there is a male between x and x age (I cant remember the actual age but I know my htb is in that range ) he also needed to fill in a D156???

Could anyone please tell me if the D160 actually supercedes both the 156 and 157 form or whether this is still necessary?

I think its just an out of date recording but want to be sure. I would phone the embassy again but it costs EUR15 each time!

Thanks in advance
Old Apr 19th 2010, 1:37 am
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: L/L2 Confusion

Originally Posted by emiwar
Could anyone please tell me if the D160 actually supercedes both the 156 and 157 form or whether this is still necessary?
That is correct, in places that use DS 160, it replaces the DS 156,157. In fact, I just did a DS160 myself recently and it seems to me that it asks more detailed questions than DS156 and 157 combined.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

emiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really niceemiwar is just really nice

Thanks for the response..the nxt challenge is to get the photos they require EXACTLY right! I couldn't get a relevant one for my digital application so am now scouting photo shops that offer the US Visa format!!!

Has anyone else had the photo issues seeing as they don't seem to accept standard passport style photos?
Old Apr 21st 2010, 9:23 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=emiwar;8512618]
Has anyone else had the photo issues seeing as they don't seem to accept standard passport style photos?[/QUOTE]

But they do.

US passport style.
Old Apr 21st 2010, 11:37 pm
Busy at Work

lifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of lightlifehouse51 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emiwar
Thanks for the response..the nxt challenge is to get the photos they require EXACTLY right! I couldn't get a relevant one for my digital application so am now scouting photo shops that offer the US Visa format!!!

Has anyone else had the photo issues seeing as they don't seem to accept standard passport style photos?
It's also possible to DIY, I've seen web applications out there that can trim photos to the specifications required for visa applications for different countries.