175 Online App - help with form please

Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute
Default 175 Online App - help with form please

I have just gone through the online form and saved before submitting the application as I want to check a couple of points. Hopefully someone can help me. I'll start with the easy questions - I know the last ones may be a bit too specific but I live in hope...
1. We are here on a 457. I assume that makes our place of residence Australia even though it is currently a temporary residence?

2. Do spouses family need to be detailed or just main applicants?

3. Does it tell you what to do about uploading documents after you hit submit?
We are submitting with a UK passport (ie 15 points) but need the extra 10 from an IELTS to reach 120. The main applicant is 45yrs in 6 days time but hasn't had chance to take the test yet. (We never expected to have to submit this application at all but agent and employer let us down on RSMS in last couple of weeks). Several agents on here have recently stated it is current practice for DIAC to accept IELTS results for extra points after lodgement so long as it is received before assessment.

I can't enter the details of test as it only allows past test dates/ref no/results. There is no additional info/blank page to put it. Quite worried as obviously the automatic totting up shows us short 10 points right now and I want to be sure they know there are more coming (well there should be!). My question is
4. How do we show that there are additional points that will be claimed by way of a test yet to be taken?

Finally, we have sponsorship from QLD for a 475 visa valid until April 2009 - which we aren't applying for seperately.
5. Is there any value in adding this agreeement from the state in terms of processing time?

6. If for some reason we didn't get granted the extra 10 points for english (failure of test before assessment or change of policy allowing late results to be added) can they use the same 175 application to assess and grant the 475 if the state agreement has been included? Do we need to do anything with QLD in order for this to happen? Will the validity date be a problem?
Thanks in hope of some answers
Old Jan 25th 2009, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all
Default Re: 175 Online App - help with form please

Sorry i'll try and answer what I can but i'm sure more experienced people out there will help out.

Originally Posted by Safin
I have just gone through the online form and saved before submitting the application as I want to check a couple of points. Hopefully someone can help me. I'll start with the easy questions - I know the last ones may be a bit too specific but I live in hope...
1. We are here on a 457. I assume that makes our place of residence Australia even though it is currently a temporary residence? Not sure but I would have thought the one in Oz is your place of residence
2. Do spouses family need to be detailed or just main applicants? I had to fill in details of my OH's family (his mum, dad, brothers and his kids)
3. Does it tell you what to do about uploading documents after you hit submit?
I dont know the answer to this my agent did it
We are submitting with a UK passport (ie 15 points) but need the extra 10 from an IELTS to reach 120. The main applicant is 45yrs in 6 days time but hasn't had chance to take the test yet. (We never expected to have to submit this application at all but agent and employer let us down on RSMS in last couple of weeks). Several agents on here have recently stated it is current practice for DIAC to accept IELTS results for extra points after lodgement so long as it is received before assessment. Well I did my IELTS test after lodgement. When at the IELTS test centre I was talking to this bloke who put in for his visa, had medicals, PCCs done and everything - once he had a case officer the case officer told him that he didnt have enough points so he would have to do the test - so what i'm saying is this is way down the timeline after lodgement

I can't enter the details of test as it only allows past test dates/ref no/results. There is no additional info/blank page to put it. Quite worried as obviously the automatic totting up shows us short 10 points right now and I want to be sure they know there are more coming (well there should be!). If you are going to do the test do you have a reference number the test centre has sent you in a letter - cant you put that in!!!???My question is
4. How do we show that there are additional points that will be claimed by way of a test yet to be taken?

Finally, we have sponsorship from QLD for a 475 visa valid until April 2009 - which we aren't applying for seperately.
5. Is there any value in adding this agreeement from the state in terms of processing time? Dont know

6. If for some reason we didn't get granted the extra 10 points for english (failure of test before assessment or change of policy allowing late results to be added) can they use the same 175 application to assess and grant the 475 if the state agreement has been included? Do we need to do anything with QLD in order for this to happen? Will the validity date be a problem?
Sorry cant help on that bit
Thanks in hope of some answers
Hope some others have the rest of the answers for you Safin. Oh by the way I will PM you about the other stuff
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Safin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond reputeSafin has a reputation beyond repute

2. Do spouses family need to be detailed or just main applicants? I had to fill in details of my OH's family (his mum, dad, brothers and his kids) It asks for "details of all your family" so I took it to mean the main applicants family but I know when I did 457 and RSMS questionaires they asked about sposuses family too so I am confused.

I can't enter the details of test as it only allows past test dates/ref no/results. There is no additional info/blank page to put it. Quite worried as obviously the automatic totting up shows us short 10 points right now and I want to be sure they know there are more coming (well there should be!). If you are going to do the test do you have a reference number the test centre has sent you in a letter - cant you put that in!!!?? No it won't allow a future date and haven't actually got a date yet - could recify that tomorrow if need be though
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:07 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Safin

1 - no big deal - put Australia as your Country of Residence if that is where you intend to stay indefinitely - subject to visas of course.

2 - question implies only main applicant to put down family memeber details but I always complete for spouse as well.

3 - Yes, uploading documents can be done any time after lodgement from a separate link - I always find it best to leave it a day as the system is a bit touchy straight after lodgement e.g. it lists all the relatives as applicants when they are not.

4 - no problem to apply on-line and show a score of 110. Scan a document into the application advising you intend to submit an IELTS test result to claim the extra 10 points. If you do not get the required IELTS before they decide on your case, the application will be pooled for 2 years. During this 2 years yo uca nnever increse your English score but you can re-activate the application should you get State Sponsorship before the end of the pool period.

5 - regional sponsorship is not relevant to a 175/176 application - you will need to apply for this visa at the same time i.e. before he turns 45 - so wil lcost double. Both visas require yo uto be outside Australia for grant so there is little risk that you will not be able to manage/co-ordinate the two visas. Imminent grant of the 475 may spur the 175 case Officer to get that ready for grant and ask yo uto withdraw the 475.

6 - As I said, you must apply for the 475 now also as insurance.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Tony Thank you so much.

We are just sat discussing options! As far as residence goes we aren't sure where we'll be beyond a year or so (even if we get visas) but want the choice as as OH is about to recieve birthday cards in the mail we have to cover all bases now! So I guess we go with Aus on the form.

Not likely to get added to any 176 lists so probably no way out of pool for us! codes :- 2128-13 and 2128-79

We are trying to decide whether or not to do the 475 as well. Its not so much the cost of the application fees (bad enough) but the fact that if that gets granted first there are 5 of us to leave the country and then if we are granted the 175 we all have to do it again! Very expensive.

With new priorities I am reading 475's come ahead of non MODL non CSL 175 by quite a way. Would it be likely the 175 is speeded up by that much? Can we stall the 475 anyway to make it more likely the 175 gets decided first?

Can you give me best guess on processing times for these two visas if submitted now?
Old Jan 26th 2009, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Tony Thank you so much.

We are just sat discussing options! As far as residence goes we aren't sure where we'll be beyond a year or so (even if we get visas) but want the choice as as OH is about to recieve birthday cards in the mail we have to cover all bases now! So I guess we go with Aus on the form.

Not likely to get added to any 176 lists so probably no way out of pool for us! codes :- 2128-13 and 2128-79

We are trying to decide whether or not to do the 475 as well. Its not so much the cost of the application fees (bad enough) but the fact that if that gets granted first there are 5 of us to leave the country and then if we are granted the 175 we all have to do it again! Very expensive.

With new priorities I am reading 475's come ahead of non MODL non CSL 175 by quite a way. Would it be likely the 175 is speeded up by that much? Can we stall the 475 anyway to make it more likely the 175 gets decided first?

Can you give me best guess on processing times for these two visas if submitted now?
I have got two 2128-79 through WA as 176 sponsorships recently - but it seems you do not need convincing to lodge the 175/176.

I think there is a very good chance that DIAC will just pull out your 175 and process it if the 475 is ready for grant - but no guarantee. It is hard to estimate processing times but you can delay the processing of your 475 by not doing the medicals until say a month after the deadline for the request (obviously you notify them before the deadline that you have booked them a month later. Well before the 475 is processed, your husband will have either have passed the IELTS or failed it a couple of times.

If he passes, you try and get DIAC to grant the 175 when they request you to go overseas for the 475. If they do not, you can look at withdrawing the 475.

If he fails the IELTS and you eventually have to leave to pick up the 475, then OK, if he passes IELTS prior to them deciding the 175, then two return trips will have been paid for.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 8:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again Tony.

Not sure if this tactic will work though as we already did medicals for an employer sponsored visa - that has now all but fallen through before lodgement- which are valid til august. Same with police checks- though maybe the cost of redoing those in order to delay isn't so bad!

I guess we should advise as additional info on the first lodged visa that we have lodged the second. Won't be able to do it on initial submission as we won't have the reference to attach.

I am shocked that the 2128 -79 got through as they aren't on the list - but then thats why you are an agent and I'm not!! Still too late now as theres now way we'd get approved before Friday....

Now to try and get IELTS asap but the wait looks to be at least 3 months!
Old Jan 26th 2009, 9:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks again Tony.

Not sure if this tactic will work though as we already did medicals for an employer sponsored visa - that has now all but fallen through before lodgement- which are valid til august. Same with police checks- though maybe the cost of redoing those in order to delay isn't so bad!

I guess we should advise as additional info on the first lodged visa that we have lodged the second. Won't be able to do it on initial submission as we won't have the reference to attach.

I am shocked that the 2128 -79 got through as they aren't on the list - but then thats why you are an agent and I'm not!! Still too late now as theres now way we'd get approved before Friday....

Now to try and get IELTS asap but the wait looks to be at least 3 months!
Did you do Australian police clearances also? The State sponsorship can come in any time after the 175/176 has been lodged - up to two years in the pool if necessary whereas the regional sponsorship must be approved prior to lodging the 475. See how the IELTS goes and if you need to, we can look at possible WA state sponsorship later.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshtony
Did you do Australian police clearances also? The State sponsorship can come in any time after the 175/176 has been lodged - up to two years in the pool if necessary whereas the regional sponsorship must be approved prior to lodging the 475. See how the IELTS goes and if you need to, we can look at possible WA state sponsorship later.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Tony you are a star and give us hope.....never thought there'd be a chance of 176. If all else fails we'll be back to you to try this.

Yes we also did aus police clearences around july time as we thought an rsms was going to be submitted way back in aug and it has just dragged on from there....
Old Jan 26th 2009, 10:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tony you are a star and give us hope.....never thought there'd be a chance of 176. If all else fails we'll be back to you to try this.

Yes we also did aus police clearences around july time as we thought an rsms was going to be submitted way back in aug and it has just dragged on from there....

No prob

Just upload the UK clearances with the application(s) - they will then request Australian ones and yo ucan re-do - will probably be expired by then whereas the UK ones will not need to be repeated if you have not spent any significan ttime in UK since you got them.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

tomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond reputetomar has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Safin, really wish you good luck. Reference the IELTS test, my son couldn't get a test date for 3 months, but he asked for his name to be taken in case of a cancellation, and yes someone cancelled, for the next exam. Just a thought in case it helps to speed things up.
Old Jan 26th 2009, 11:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, we thought we'd try this too. Fingers crossed
Old Jan 30th 2009, 4:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by welshtony
I think there is a very good chance that DIAC will just pull out your 175 and process it if the 475 is ready for grant - but no guarantee. It is hard to estimate processing times but you can delay the processing of your 475 by not doing the medicals until say a month after the deadline for the request (obviously you notify them before the deadline that you have booked them a month later. Well before the 475 is processed, your husband will have either have passed the IELTS or failed it a couple of times.

If he passes, you try and get DIAC to grant the 175 when they request you to go overseas for the 475. If they do not, you can look at withdrawing the 475.

If he fails the IELTS and you eventually have to leave to pick up the 475, then OK, if he passes IELTS prior to them deciding the 175, then two return trips will have been paid for.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
What if they pick up 475 before IELTS is added to the 175 and they chose to pull forward the 110 pts 175 application?

1. Would they just put the 175 back down to its previous place in the queue and get on with 475.
2. pool the 175 there and then but do the 475
3. give you a bit of time to add the IELTS and hold both whilst you do so, eg by waiting for police certs as suggested, or by giving you a certain amount of time to supply details of IELTS

I assume the point they add up points is after they receive police certs and meds?

Just a bit scared that by trying to hedge our bets with the 475 we screw up the 175.

Only got 33 hours to submit the 475 if we are going to do it! 45th birthday 1st Feb!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

Capt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to allCapt Emz I Think is a name known to all

What if they pick up 475 before IELTS is added to the 175 and they chose to pull forward the 110 pts 175 application?

1. Would they just put the 175 back down to its previous place in the queue and get on with 475.
2. pool the 175 there and then but do the 475
3. give you a bit of time to add the IELTS and hold both whilst you do so, eg by waiting for police certs as suggested, or by giving you a certain amount of time to supply details of IELTS

I assume the point they add up points is after they receive police certs and meds?

Just a bit scared that by trying to hedge our bets with the 475 we screw up the 175.

Only got 33 hours to submit the 475 if we are going to do it! 45th birthday 1st Feb!
Crikey - good look with it al
Old Jan 30th 2009, 9:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Hi Safin

DIAC generally give time for the IELTS but no guarantee. The worst case scenario you are giving still leaves you with a visa. Worst case scenario without applying for 475 means "Safin, you leave with nothing"

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896