Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

health insurance mallorca

health insurance mallorca

Old Aug 14th 2007, 10:13 am
Just Joined

annielegs is an unknown quantity at this point
Default health insurance mallorca

hi i am thinking of moving to mallorca next year with my husband and 16 yr old daughter.I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what we do for health insurance.
We are not sure if we are going to buy a bar or find work.
We have both paid nat insurance here.We have looked on a few websites but it all gives different advise.
If anyone could highlight what we would pay it would really help.
Also can anyone highlight what tax we would pay on average and also what we pay for rubbish collection ect.
Basically what we would have to pay that is different to uk!!!
thanks
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:02 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: health insurance mallorca

Originally Posted by annielegs
hi i am thinking of moving to mallorca next year with my husband and 16 yr old daughter.I was wondering if anyone could help me understand what we do for health insurance.
We have both paid nat insurance here.We have looked on a few websites but it all gives different advise.
Also can anyone highlight what tax we would pay on average and also what we pay for rubbish collection ect.
thanks

Have a look in the free beer section for some info.
If you are contributing to the Spanish system then you will be covered under the state system, cant remember the exact figure but I think the contribution for self employed is about 230 euros a month.
Private health care over here is relatively cheap
Get E106's from DWP before you come here and you get up to two years state cover here depending on your UK contributions.

Tax can be higher over here than the UK ... also you pay wealth tax on your worldwide wealth.

The equivelent of council tax is a small percentage of what you'd pay in the UK, in my area its a couple of hundred euro a year
Old Aug 14th 2007, 11:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

leighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond reputeleighbloke has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Hi, Not got a clue about an answer to your query, though Mitzy is a trustworthy soul so I'd go with what he said.

Though it's not asked for, I'd advise you steer clear of "buying" a bar, from previous threads I've picked up you stand more than a fair chance of it turning into a money pit. Just my opinion of course.
Old Aug 15th 2007, 7:23 am
Just Joined

jacko7552 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks
hi
we live in mallorca last 7 years there is a briliant private medical service here we got in touch with a woman "Victoria" she lives in calvia average cost per person about 40 euros per month lot less than the autonimus (n.i.) Rubish collection is dependant on if you rent or buy on rentals it is normally included for businesses also depends on where you live, Calvia is one of the highest riced council and I think for busineses its around 500 euros per year but will check that out if you wish
if you need any help please pm me especialy if you are looking to buy a bar as it can be a minefield if you send me a pm I will give you my web site address for a lot of help
Good Luck
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:05 am
Just Joined

If i work for a employer and i want to take private medical insurance ,do i still have to pay contributions to the state ni? i read that you can get free state cover for the first 2 yrs?
We were thinking of looking in south west area ,What sort of work do you do .I am qualified in hospitality and travel but my husband is a construction worker and cannot speak spanish so a bit of a worry!!
Any help on these subjects would be great thanks
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:07 am
Just Joined

i have tried sending you a pm but it wont let me send it!!
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:08 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

? i read that you can get free state cover for the first 2 yrs?
Did you not bother reading my post?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:09 am
Just Joined

thanks for your help mitzy boy
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:10 am
Senior Moment

thanks for your help mitzy boy

No, I meant about the up to 2 years health cover in Spain with an E106
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:11 am
Just Joined

just this minuite reading it you are a hour ahead of me!!! Thanks your advise was really helpful. Its such a minefield on the net with different advise any other advise would be great thanks
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:14 am
Just Joined

so if moving permently mitzy we can still claim this for 2 yrs?
Which do you think is best private health cover or the ni cover?
Old Aug 15th 2007, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Angry Re: health insurance mallorca

tried to pm you jacko but it wont let me !!