Off to Perth?

Old Sep 20th 2003, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Off to Perth?

Does anyone still want to go to the arse end of the planet, like me?
If so, what are your plans? Fingers crossed still, hoping for next Crimbo.
Why did you choose Perth? Mates and cousin there - also seems best for us.
Who are you off with? Hubby, daughter (6), son (10 months).
Shoe size? 51/2
Favourite pudding?? anything going
Larissa
Old Sep 20th 2003, 12:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

No matter what anyone says, including me, Perth is a fantastic place, it might be the arse hole of the planet, but its a nice one.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 1:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Larissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond reputeLarissa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by karawara88
No matter what anyone says, including me, Perth is a fantastic place, it might be the arse hole of the planet, but its a nice one.
Well, I figured that Pompey is the armpit, so it can't get much worse!
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

FiFi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off to Perth?

Originally posted by Larissa
Shoe size? 51/2
Larissa
Larissa

we're (me other half, kids 17, 13) still heading for Perth - why ? best beaches, weather, cheapest housing, and full of pensioned millionaires to enjoy my aromatherapy massages....we're hoping to go this xmas .. shoe size 6 (although size isn't everything).. past the pudding club stage (but will be investing in an ice cream maker before I go)

Cheers

FiFi
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

karawara88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I figured that Pompey is the armpit, so it can't get much worse!
Is the tricorn now a listed building? last I heard they were thinking about it. Used to live in Emsworth many moons ago.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by karawara88
Is the tricorn now a listed building? last I heard they were thinking about it. Used to live in Emsworth many moons ago.
They've been planning to demolish it for a few years, but it's still standing! (Worried about structural safety).
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

ovenater is on a distinguished road

Larissa

might be going to Perth or Adelaide next xmas, will decide after this xmas' visit to both cities.
me, John (hubby) son 18 daughters 16 and 11.
Family in goldcoast but think it will be too humid.
can't wait to see oz but not looking forward to the flight

sally
Old Sep 20th 2003, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

davidw is an unknown quantity at this point

Am already there - and would stress it's fine, great even - if you can get reasonable work, don't mind the heat in summer and its not so bad out of the direct sun and are family orientated. Otherwise, the deserted streets from 8pm and the 9pm bedtimes might just wear you down. I called someone about a furniture add at 730pm on a Sunday in response to an ad in the morning's paper and was told, "bit late to be calling about that mate, try tomorrow."

Finally, this may seem heresy but Perth's not one of the world's great (or worst) climates. Quite wet and cold for about 4 months, far too hot for another5 or so and very windy. Still, more than enough sunshine to please.

David
Old Sep 20th 2003, 4:00 pm
Forum Regular

Zebra4 is on a distinguished road

Already living in Perth. It's not hard to like it. Friendly, multi-cultural, lots of opportunites, easy to get on. Very family orientated. It's a different country, so don't expect it to be like the UK.

Lots of sunshine, but colder and wetter winters than most people would imagine. Big blue skies are the norm.

The reasons some may not get on here are
1. They miss family
2. They take lower paid jobs here & then compare to UK
3. They fail to get the Australian attitude

If you carry on doing what you've always been doing, you'll get more of what you've always had. (Probably!)
Old Sep 20th 2003, 5:28 pm
creepycrawlycreepycrawly!

mr2blue is an unknown quantity at this point

Well me and the missus will be landing on Perths shores on the 6th of Jan so look out.
We've been twice and love it because it's so different to the other major cities.
I'm going to be a nightclub owner,property developer,zoo keeper,dolphin training lay about. And the wifes a cytogeneticist so at least one of us should get a job.
We are staying with Poms in Perth for the first four weeks,then we plan to win the lotto and move into a mansion by the sea that we have our eye on.
If your in the area feel free to pop round I'll have the butler mix you a martini.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 6:50 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mr2blue
Well me and the missus will be landing on Perths shores on the 6th of Jan so look out.
We've been twice and love it because it's so different to the other major cities.
I'm going to be a nightclub owner,property developer,zoo keeper,dolphin training lay about. And the wifes a cytogeneticist so at least one of us should get a job.
We are staying with Poms in Perth for the first four weeks,then we plan to win the lotto and move into a mansion by the sea that we have our eye on.
If your in the area feel free to pop round I'll have the butler mix you a martini.
Can I have a pint of what your drinking.
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee.
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:07 pm
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Larissa
Shoe size? 51/2
Larissa
Yep, still jetting off to arse end of the planet, leaving 7th Nov, 2 nights singapore, arrive Perth 10th Nov, staying at Maylands for 5 weeks (poms in perth)Although we have family in Adelaide, Steve went to both SA and WA and fell hook line and sinker for Perth. We are myself, Steve, 3 daughters 15, 7, 6 plus one dog. Shippers arriving 20/21st Oct, help! the old butterflies are having a ball. Shoe size 6, identifying feature - rose tinted glasses!!!!!!!!!
pudding has to be a very large portion of chocolate fudge cake with lashings of cream, dream on
:scared:
Suz
Old Sep 20th 2003, 8:33 pm
Monaco here we!!! oh no

ADELAIDE BOUND is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by suz
Yep, still jetting off to arse end of the planet, leaving 7th Nov, 2 nights singapore, arrive Perth 10th Nov, staying at Maylands for 5 weeks (poms in perth)Although we have family in Adelaide, Steve went to both SA and WA and fell hook line and sinker for Perth. We are myself, Steve, 3 daughters 15, 7, 6 plus one dog. Shippers arriving 20/21st Oct, help! the old butterflies are having a ball. Shoe size 6, identifying feature - rose tinted glasses!!!!!!!!!
pudding has to be a very large portion of chocolate fudge cake with lashings of cream, dream on
:scared:
Suz
Suz
Dont know if youve been to Singapore before but you must have dinner in Boat Quay. Lovely Lovely Lovely.
Cheers.
Old Sep 21st 2003, 2:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Loopy will become famous soon enoughLoopy will become famous soon enough

Hello from the arse hole end of the planet.

Had another power cut last night so hubby and I went to watch the sun go down over the ocean, lovely. Called in at our local and were the only ones mad enough to go and sit by the sea, so were the only ones rewarded by seeing a dolphin swimming up & down past us and then joining it's friend a bit later. It's a terrible place! Well, it's a very very windy place today.

Loopy
Old Sep 21st 2003, 7:30 am
suz
Forum Regular

suz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ADELAIDE BOUND
Suz
Dont know if youve been to Singapore before but you must have dinner in Boat Quay. Lovely Lovely Lovely.
Cheers.
Hi Adelaide Bound,

Lived in Singapore for a time, many moons ago, I used to go to a great resteraunt sounds like it could be the one, they used to serve up a very mean Chilli Crab, yummmmmmmmmmmmmm, will definately give it a go.

Suz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.