Bournemouth apartments

Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:47 pm
Just Joined

steviee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bournemouth apartments

I'm trying to get as much information for my parents as they are due to retire next month.

They are looking to retire down in the Bournemouth area from Surrey and seem particular interested in apartments that are ideally within 1 mile to the beach and with a budget of roughly £350k

They have visited many areas such as Christchurch, Highcliffe, Mudeford, Southbourne, West Cliff, Westbourne and Canford Cliffs, but was wondering if there were any other area's that they've missed?

Any recommendations welcome
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

rebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond reputerebs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bournemouth apartments

Originally Posted by steviee
I'm trying to get as much information for my parents as they are due to retire next month.

They are looking to retire down in the Bournemouth area from Surrey and seem particular interested in apartments that are ideally within 1 mile to the beach and with a budget of roughly £350k

They have visited many areas such as Christchurch, Highcliffe, Mudeford, Southbourne, West Cliff, Westbourne and Canford Cliffs, but was wondering if there were any other area's that they've missed?

Any recommendations welcome
Those are all lovely areas and they seem to have it pretty well covered

They could perhaps look at Branksome and Lilliput, but that might be stretching into Poole.
Old May 7th 2014, 11:51 am
Last resort... format c:/

Location: Singapore to Surfers Paradise to... Tenerife... to Gran Canaria!
astera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond reputeastera has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bournemouth apartments

I like the West Cliff area the most due to its close proximity to the high street. Plus there's a nice park separating the beach from the closest houses/apartments.

I certainly wouldn't recommend anything east of the pier as it's a bit boring (just housing), and if you go too far in that direction you end up in Boscombe which is the el-cheapo district that in turn attracts less desirable residents. If anything I would consider something closer to Poole.

Westbourne is quite nice and mellow as well, and only a 10-minute walk from West Cliff.