Skilled Trade Route

Old Apr 21st 2013, 8:45 am
Just Joined

Cubz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Skilled Trade Route

If I get a job offer and wish to apply via the Skilled Trades Route does the employer need to get a LMO?
Also as an electrician, if the employer ran out of work where would I stand with getting work elsewhere. What I am asking really is, could I be sent home if I lose the job I applied with?
Old Apr 21st 2013, 11:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Skilled Trade Route

Originally Posted by Cubz
If I get a job offer and wish to apply via the Skilled Trades Route does the employer need to get a LMO?
Also as an electrician, if the employer ran out of work where would I stand with getting work elsewhere. What I am asking really is, could I be sent home if I lose the job I applied with?

To apply, you must:

plan to live outside the province of Quebec (Note: The province of Quebec chooses its own skilled workers. If you plan on living in Quebec, see Quebec-selected skilled workers for more information),
meet the required levels in English or French for each language ability (speaking, reading, writing, and listening),
have at least two years of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work experience)* in a skilled trade within the five years before you apply,
meet all job requirements for that skilled trade as set out in the National Occupational Classification (NOC), and
have an offer of full-time employment for a total period of at least one year** or a certificate of qualification in that skilled trade issued by a provincial or territorial body.***
*“Full-time work” means at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week, or an equal amount in part-time, paid work experience. For example:

if you worked 15 hours per week in one job over four years, or
if you worked a total of 30 combined hours per week in more than one job over two years.
**Up to two employers can commit to employing you for at least one year of continuous full-time work, meaning at least 30 hours of work over a period of one week.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra.../apply-who.asp
Old Apr 21st 2013, 1:54 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cubz
If you are applying from outside of Canada then the employer needs to obtain an LMO. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigra...employment.asp

The offer of the job needs to be for a minimum of 1 year term. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kit...s/IMM5750E.pdf

I don't know the answer to the 2nd part of your question, but I am sure someone will!

Old May 9th 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

Cubz is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry it's taken so long to respond, but many thanks for your responses.
Sounds like it is going to be a challenge.