Furkids

Old Apr 11th 2014, 2:16 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Furkids

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Yes it just means she will have to be on meds for test of her life and have to figure out how to get her morning dose to her when she lands at Heathrow. Fortunately we have a month to get the medication levels right.
Poor little thing!

Please let us know how all this goes. I imagine the airline will work with you on the dogs meds? Is her reservation already made? I guess I'm wondering if there are "notes" they put on reservations so things like this can be taken care of during travel.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 3:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I already have her booking and there were no questions about meds. She will be at animal reception center when she needs her next does as its only a six and a half hour flight so I am going to call them to see what needs to be done.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 4:49 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lgabriel73
Yes I already have her booking and there were no questions about meds. She will be at animal reception center when she needs her next does as its only a six and a half hour flight so I am going to call them to see what needs to be done.
Honestly, you will find they are really helpful and will put your mind at ease.

Maybe ask if they have a dispensary/standard meds at hand, because you may not be able to tape meds to the crate. It can take a while to get through customs and over to the ARC.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Honestly, you will find they are really helpful and will put your mind at ease.

Maybe ask if they have a dispensary/standard meds at hand, because you may not be able to tape meds to the crate. It can take a while to get through customs and over to the ARC.
thanks, good to know they are helpful. I'm sure she's not the first dog to fly that will need meds so they must have some way of handling it.
Old Apr 14th 2014, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

windsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond reputewindsong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dashie
You could try one of the UK based animal transport companies, they were a fraction of the price of the ones in Canada. Also, they were able to tell me that Heathrow charge an awful lot more than Gatwick to receive animals, so they tended to prefer the flights into Gatwick for example.

Friends of our used Petsaway and were very happy with them.
Interesting! I didn't know Heathrow charged more than Gatwick. Will have to look at flights into Gatwick for my pets then.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:19 pm
WhiteRabbit

rebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond reputerebeccajo has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would share an update as to the response I received from AirAnimal.

$5150.00.

This is less shocking than the fact the quote was not as I requested. I asked for airport-to-airport transport - they quoted airport to front door. They also quoted with us transporting the girls to Newark/Liberty in New Jersey. Which is about an eight hour drive from us. If they can't serve us from a closer airport, I would have preferred they just told me so.

I don't think I was unclear in what I asked for. Perhaps they didn't pay a lot of attention to what I was asking for since the travel date is so far off. At the moment though I'm not feeling confident in their ability to follow instruction, which of course causes me to feel they might lose our dogs.

I'm so glad our friends have agreed to help us. This little exercise has made me wonder how anyone can chose a pet carrier with any degree of confidence.
Old Apr 19th 2014, 2:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

There definitely has to be an amount if trust when choosing a company or airline to use and if they can't even respond to what you were asking I would have serious concerns about handing my dog over to them. Part if the reason I code virgin was because of how knowledgable and helpful the people I spoke to were. They put my mind at ease and it was clear they have their stuff together.