Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

Whether to move back this summer or next?

Whether to move back this summer or next?

Old Apr 18th 2014, 4:00 am
Just Joined

morrisjo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whether to move back this summer or next?

Originally Posted by moggi1964
Hoboken with 3 kids is going to be tough; it really is a young persons town. We moved there when we came over in 2004 and lasted less than a year.
I think you moved too soon. All those young people stayed, got married and had kids. Now the students complain about every bar being full of strollers.

I hear you though. I think the toughest thing is finding accommodation for 3 kids. There is still the young vibe downtown but uptown is swarming with families.

I am sure Madison is a nice place. There are many nice towns around the city. As I said, Hoboken is a compromise where you can have a small town life but not give up the city.
Old Apr 23rd 2014, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

petrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond reputepetrichor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Whether to move back this summer or next?

izzie89, getting your children into good schools is currently very hard in some areas in the UK. This school that you have in mind - have you checked with it whether there is a place for your child? Many good primary schools have waiting lists or very strict selection criteria. I would check with the school before you make any definite plans.