Reload this Page >

Problems with Expat Shield

Problems with Expat Shield

Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:46 am
Just Joined

col89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problems with Expat Shield

Hey,

I've been using Expat Shield with no problem for the last four months or so, and it has been only in the last few days or so where I've been having trouble with it. Basically, when watching the 4OD and Channel 5 channels on YouTube, Expat Shield is unable load the video and, thus, allow the video to play. However, there is no problem with the BBC iPlayer and downloading videos, strangely enough.

If anyone could help out with the matter, I would appreciate it SO much! I have no idea on where to go from here.

Any tips would be great!
Old Jan 28th 2012, 3:18 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Problems with Expat Shield

Originally Posted by col89
Hey,

I've been using Expat Shield with no problem for the last four months or so, and it has been only in the last few days or so where I've been having trouble with it. Basically, when watching the 4OD and Channel 5 channels on YouTube, Expat Shield is unable load the video and, thus, allow the video to play. However, there is no problem with the BBC iPlayer and downloading videos, strangely enough.

If anyone could help out with the matter, I would appreciate it SO much! I have no idea on where to go from here.

Any tips would be great!
try going to 4od website direct and register yourself (via expat shield) although when clicking on programmes it can take 2 or 3 attempts to play, just have to be patient
Old Jan 28th 2012, 7:00 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gillyd65
try going to 4od website direct and register yourself (via expat shield) although when clicking on programmes it can take 2 or 3 attempts to play, just have to be patient
I've had trouble with Channel 4 too. It will play the adverts but them won't play the programme (not that I use it very much at all these days).
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:43 am
Just Joined

col89 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gillyd65
I did what the above poster mentioned and it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

I'm totally stumped.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 10:49 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

4OD is just a shite website. It hardly ever works properly.
Old Jan 29th 2012, 11:42 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
4OD is just a shite website. It hardly ever works properly.
It is awful. Shame cos i likes my 4, more 4 and E4
Old Jan 29th 2012, 3:17 pm
Living in the Truman Show

gillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of lightgillyd65 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by col89
I did what the above poster mentioned and it still doesn't work, unfortunately.

I'm totally stumped.
we tried it last night and gave up after 5 attempts, got fed up with watching the same adverts over and over again!!!! It has worked this last week though after a couple of attempts. I'll try again tonight.
Old Jan 30th 2012, 1:52 am
finally together...

__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute__TJ__ has a reputation beyond repute

I loaded expatsheild and it let a massive nasty in to my pc, the antivirus coughs it but it set off all kinds of bells and whistles.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 2:40 am
Pretty Fly For A Whiteguy

Mr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond reputeMr Bean has a reputation beyond repute

Still using Filmon after a couple of years. It's only $15 a month and (usually) everything works great.
Old Feb 1st 2012, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by __TJ__
I loaded expatsheild and it let a massive nasty in to my pc, the antivirus coughs it but it set off all kinds of bells and whistles.
You must be special....never had a problem.......and on multiple computers.

Care to elaborate on the "massive nasty"....
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by airbornesapper
You must be special....never had a problem.......and on multiple computers.

Care to elaborate on the "massive nasty"....
I downloaded Expat Shield last week specifically to see ' Birdsong ' . The program worked and the frequent interruptions were probably due to the broadband . However I too had to uninstall the program because it let in all sorts of things which upset the anti virus , there was also conflict going on between the program and google chrome . It just wasn't worth the hassle
Old Feb 6th 2012, 4:45 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Sometimes it's easier to just download British TV programmes from a site like UKNOVA. Once you have the whole programme you can then watch it at your leisure through the computer or the tv. All the adverts get cut out too which is a bonus.
Old Feb 6th 2012, 6:17 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

We tried to download Time Team from Channel 4 for about 45 minutes last night. We could log into the site with no problems at all. But when it came to "opening" the actual programme it said we were unable to open it at this time. I don't think it was expatshield itself though as we were able to download and then watch Topgear immediately afterwards.

Very frustrating as we quite like some of the stuff on Channel 4 and its associated stations. Has anyone had more luck? Is there a clever way to make it work?
Old Feb 7th 2012, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

airbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond reputeairbornesapper has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
I downloaded Expat Shield last week specifically to see ' Birdsong ' . The program worked and the frequent interruptions were probably due to the broadband . However I too had to uninstall the program because it let in all sorts of things which upset the anti virus , there was also conflict going on between the program and google chrome . It just wasn't worth the hassle
I use Chrome and Firefox...have never had a problem....and appreciate the extra protection afforded when logging through WIFI in public hotspots.

My Hotmail was hacked in London last Aug....I had not turned it on....that's the last time that's happening.

I really have not had a problem...or my OH for that matter who watches a lot of UK TV using it.
Old Feb 23rd 2012, 5:44 pm
Forum Regular

Ferrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond reputeFerrino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Bean
Still using Filmon after a couple of years. It's only $15 a month and (usually) everything works great.
I gave this a go last night with my UK VPN service and was impressed by the quality of the streams (despite the big FilmOn logo in the top-right of the screen) and the DVR feature. I did not have a subscription though - what does the $15 subscription get you? I was viewing the usual Freeview channels - BBC, ITV, C4, Dave etc...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.