Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > The Rovers Return
Reload this Page >

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Old Apr 8th 2014, 3:10 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadchurch and Other UK TV Programs

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We still have about three feet of snow on our grass.
I remember living in Massachusetts and thinking it was wonderful when we had a snowfall of about a foot or two. About a week or so later I was "done" with snow and wished it would melt. I can't imagine the winter that you have had in the northern states and Midwest this year. Riding the snow blower just doesn't have quite the same attraction as mowing the grass.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:30 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mikelincs
next monday
Thanks.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:32 pm
Forum Regular

GagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to allGagainPEI is a name known to all

Originally Posted by BristolUK
We still have about three feet of snow on our grass.
Is that all? 4 feet on my back deck. It's dropped about a foot with melt the last couple of days.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 5:45 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GagainPEI
I've just downloaded it. Do you know when part 2 is on? I will watch it after part 2 is shown. Thanks.
I nearly always do that...wait I till I have all the episodes before I watch it. Then it's more like being at the movies.
Old Apr 8th 2014, 9:05 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

The quiz show, Only Connect, returns on Monday @ 8.30pm on BBC4. One of my faves.
Old Apr 10th 2014, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I have recorded it and I am looking to forward to watching it soon. It is so hard to keep up with all the programmes that I want to watch, so I usually record most things that appeal to me. I am going to end up with square eyes.
We just watched part two a couple of nights ago. Very informative as it leads up to September. I do agree with dunroving that the references to the presenters "other life" as a politician and diplomat elsewhere in the globe interrupts the flow. Not really sure if it is as much about making analogies as it is to trumpeting his legacy. But we are enjoying nonetheless. Also watched a bit of The Little House on ITV last night before my internet went on the fritz. Promises to be another one of those "made for tv movies" that the OH refuses to watch - so it's saved for the nights when he is out playing music

Last edited by Perth; Apr 10th 2014 at 11:36 am.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

trottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond reputetrottytrue has a reputation beyond repute

All those Gardening shows, I wont have time to get out and do anything. We just got rid of the last of the snow. No Spring flowers yet. But nice and warm today. I love Spring...So much better than Summer.

Endeaver...I loved the last one really good. Waiting for episode two of undeniable.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:16 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

lf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond reputelf1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trottytrue
All those Gardening shows, I wont have time to get out and do anything. We just got rid of the last of the snow. No Spring flowers yet. But nice and warm today. I love Spring...So much better than Summer.

Endeaver...I loved the last one really good. Waiting for episode two of undeniable.
Hi Trotty. Nice to see you out about again. That is my problem with the tv choices, I wont have time to get into the garden. Now I am off to watch Monty Don and his sidekick (Nigel the dog) on Gardeners' World. I also love Endeavour and it sounds as though they will be making more episodes.
Old Apr 11th 2014, 9:26 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by perthhomeschool
We just watched part two a couple of nights ago. Very informative as it leads up to September. I do agree with dunroving that the references to the presenters "other life" as a politician and diplomat elsewhere in the globe interrupts the flow. Not really sure if it is as much about making analogies as it is to trumpeting his legacy. But we are enjoying nonetheless. Also watched a bit of The Little House on ITV last night before my internet went on the fritz. Promises to be another one of those "made for tv movies" that the OH refuses to watch - so it's saved for the nights when he is out playing music
Perth, I have now watched both episodes and agree with you and Dunroving. It became too much about the presenter. He used the "I" word far too often and that turned me off. However, I did enjoy the scenery and some of the points he made.

I'll have to look for The Little House, I haven't heard of it.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Perth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond reputePerth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lf1
I'll have to look for The Little House, I haven't heard of it.
On ITV. Just watched both episodes. Mild drama - nothing too taxing on the noggin

Also watched the first Undeniable. Looking forward to Monday for the next one.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

bandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond reputebandrui has a reputation beyond repute

Thought Undeniable was very good.

Gardening night tonight; the Big Allotment Challenge and Gardens in Time (Great Dixter) were both great but then I'm a gardener.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bandrui
Thought Undeniable was very good.

Gardening night tonight; the Big Allotment Challenge and Gardens in Time (Great Dixter) were both great but then I'm a gardener.
The second part of Undeniable was a little too rushed, IMO, without properly explaining motivation. Have been eying both garden shows for a while. On my list for this w/end
Old Apr 16th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I agree about Undeniable. I wondered how they were going to complete the story in such a short time.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:09 pm
lf1
BE Forum Addict

I have just this minute finished watching Undeniable and I did enjoy it. However, I must have spent too much time on my iPad during the show and missed the reason why he killed his victim.
Old Apr 16th 2014, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Do you do that too? I watch on ipad and play with iPad mini at the same time and it has occurred to me that I don't know why he killed her either!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.