Reload this Page >

1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

kingshahine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Respectfully, I was sympathetic until you posted this bit. I, for one, will not help you to get around things! I regret that your parents put you in this situation... but now you're just being a jerk.

<washing hands>

Ian
Honestly i'm not going to waste my time with you my friend its not worth it. I respect your decision, and i may have worded what i said wrong, but do u know what its like going to a bar and being turned away because i don't have an id? At least i can open a bank account with a passport (thats my way around things)
Old Jun 9th 2011, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: 1st time passport application. Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by British Consul
Just fill out the passport application form including the details of your mother and father. If you don't know her passport number, write "passport lost, number not known" but you'll need to supply birth certificates to support your application.

Dean
thanks dean i appreciate the advice
Old Jun 11th 2011, 12:30 am
Just Joined

oldcoot is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Need help-British national living in the us

Originally Posted by kingshahine
i was included in my mothers passport when i came to the states but that passport has been lost.

When filing out the c1 form it asked for my mothers passport number and i don't know and she doesn't know it. So what can we do about that?

also i had a question about the forms themselves. It doesn't seem to be printing out correctly, at least the size seems to be off. the bottems of the pages cut out a little bit. Will this be a problem?
It`s not that hard. Contact your local British Consulate and they will lead you through the process. I was fortunate they contacted me. All you really need is your Birth Cert. You can get one from The Registrar of Births Deaths Marriages Etc:In London. Look up the Address in your computer. The office is located on the Strand in London.I have 2 daughters in the same situation.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Location: Maryland (via Belfast, Manchester, Toronto and London)
MarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond reputeMarylandNed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by oldcoot
It`s not that hard. Contact your local British Consulate and they will lead you through the process. I was fortunate they contacted me. All you really need is your Birth Cert. You can get one from The Registrar of Births Deaths Marriages Etc:In London. Look up the Address in your computer. The office is located on the Strand in London.I have 2 daughters in the same situation.
It's not that simple - the process depends on date of birth. Birth in the UK during or after 1983 is not enough to confer UK citizenship at birth. That's why the passport application form asks for details of the parents if the applicant was born in the UK after Dec 31st 1982.
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MarylandNed
It's not that simple - the process depends on date of birth. Birth in the UK during or after 1983 is not enough to confer UK citizenship at birth. That's why the passport application form asks for details of the parents if the applicant was born in the UK after Dec 31st 1982.

Its hard to know what to do, Theres so many people giving conflicting advice, saying its easy or that its not so easy.

So far i have

-parents marriage license
-mothers birth certificate
-Dad has his expired passport
-My birth certificate
-My passport photos countersigned
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:08 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Theres a lot i can do with a valid id in this country, lots of ways around things.
An article you may find interesting:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/2011-...es-to-survive/
Old Jun 11th 2011, 5:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Its hard to know what to do, Theres so many people giving conflicting advice, saying its easy or that its not so easy.

So far i have

-parents marriage license
-mothers birth certificate
-Dad has his expired passport
-My birth certificate
-My passport photos countersigned
I would follow Dean's advice.