Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

D'Costa Palms, Siolim

Old May 29th 2007, 3:52 pm
Forum Regular

dickylewis is on a distinguished road
Default Re: D'Costa Palms, Siolim

I feel reassured; if the land rights are as cocked up as Douglas suggests, I could be there for a 100 years before anybody even noticed.
This is all so much more fun than my boring ISA which was probably going to be turned into 5 weeks rent in a rip off old peoples home during my dotage.

Anybody got any good stories of sipping cocktails and eating curry..... or perhaps another good lynching tale.

dickylewis

ps I am Welsh and a good cottage burning always goes down well. Actually been thinking of changing the ancient Celtic laws and getting all the English chucked out of Cardiff.
Old May 29th 2007, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by karlq
hi remi, just to confirm i opend a bank account, in november 05,on a 6month tourist visa,i have a cheque book,bank card,i get my statements on line,to tell me how much intrest,has gone into my account,icici bank in mapsa

Hi Karlq,

Yes i know it can be done just like 'buying' property can be done on a tourist visa, what im saying is its not legally correct to do so and therfore in my opinion not advisable. I have a bank account and a property in Arpora but had i not been entitled to a pio card i dont think i would have pursued with the venture. I also know tourists who have opened bank accounts and had them closed after 6 months. I also know a lady who owns an apartment in Arpora, lived in Goa all year round , had her residency, lived of the rental income from her property in London and appeared to have it all sorted. But she has now had to return to the UK as she cant get her x visa renewed.

I just wouldnt risk too much at the moment until the thunder stops and the smoke clears but thats just my opinion for what its worth.

Regards,
Remy.
Old May 29th 2007, 4:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Remy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to allRemy-Ireland is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Remy-Ireland
Hi Karlq,

Yes i know it can be done just like 'buying' property can be done on a tourist visa, what im saying is its not legally correct to do so and therfore in my opinion not advisable. I have a bank account and a property in Arpora but had i not been entitled to a pio card i dont think i would have pursued with the venture. I also know tourists who have opened bank accounts and had them closed after 6 months. I also know a lady who owns an apartment in Arpora, lived in Goa all year round , had her residency, lived of the rental income from her property in London and appeared to have it all sorted. But she has now had to return to the UK as she cant get her x visa renewed.

I just wouldnt risk too much at the moment until the thunder stops and the smoke clears but thats just my opinion for what its worth.

Regards,
Remy.
Heres one for all you 'would be' property purchasers.

Why not ask Acron, Churchill, etc to draft into their 'Sale Agreements' a clause offering back to the purchaser the original purchase price of their property in the event that residency and sale deeds cannot be obtained as promised by them.

This way at least everyones initial investment would be secure and if Acron and Churchill etc are so sure that there is no problem then im sure they wouldnt mind doing this.....or would they?

Just a thought,
Remy
Old May 29th 2007, 5:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Why not ask Acron, Churchill, etc to draft into their 'Sale Agreements' a clause offering back to the purchaser the original purchase price of their property in the event that residency and sale deeds cannot be obtained as promised by them.

This way at least everyones initial investment would be secure and if Acron and Churchill etc are so sure that there is no problem then im sure they wouldnt mind doing this.....or would they?

Just a thought,
Remy
Regal Builders Candolim have offered people their money back if they are worried about the visa situation.
Old May 29th 2007, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by old man
Regal Builders Candolim have offered people their money back if they are worried about the visa situation.
Hi Old Man,

Yes thats commendable but it would be a good safeguard to have something drawn into the Sale Agreements dont you think?

Regards,
Remy
Old May 29th 2007, 6:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

old man will become famous soon enoughold man will become famous soon enough

Hi Old Man,

Yes thats commendable but it would be a good safeguard to have something drawn into the Sale Agreements dont you think?

Regards,
Remy
Totally agree, but I do know that Regal Builders are honorable and have given people their money back - if all the others were as reliable.
Old May 29th 2007, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Douglas

When I am in my, not owned, who knows by whom owned, not taxed by Mr Bast£$D Blair or Fat Lying basta^d Brown: you must pop in for a drink on my un owned balcony.
You either own a huge amount of India or you are just a miserable sod trying to spoil other peoples dreams. I suggest you go and pick on the "who let the chinkies buy MG site" as you seem to have no cred let alone a job!
Please confirm that you are not a Labour cabinet minister or some formof deviant.
Old May 29th 2007, 7:13 pm
Forum Regular

Hurrah Dicky, Well said: we all knew Douglas was an Arse
Old May 29th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

rob50 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Douglas M
I rest my case

douglas
Well let's hope so

I've read through several these Goa property threads and Douglas has made an extremely repetitive contribution to the subject to the point of becoming a Great Bore of Today. Douglas treats his fellow members views and situations, (apart from his few sycophants), with disdain and patronism to the extreme. This smug attitude sickens me and leaves me thinking that he should get out a bit more or find another axe to grind.

Good luck everyone else, hang in there.

rob50
(heavily invested in Goa, commercially and privately)
Old May 29th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by keithrogers
Mate (dickylewis)...

Get your cash back.

Quickly please....

Read all these threads.

Keith

:curse:
keith

you sound more like Keith RICHARDS than K Rogers. Keep your hair on dude, it isn't that bad unless you know better you rock and roll sod!!!
Old May 30th 2007, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

John Chappell will become famous soon enoughJohn Chappell will become famous soon enough

A Clinical Psychologist friend of mine has read through all of the posts made by Douglas and has concluded that had he been a patient of his he would have diagnosed him as Delusional and most probably schizophrenic. I believe initially Douglas gave some sound advice in pointing new or inexperienced members to FEMA but has now laboured the point for far too long and should retire quietly, unless he feels he is able to contribute meaningful advice on another subject.

Regards and good luck to all purchasers

John
Old May 30th 2007, 3:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by John Chappell
A Clinical Psychologist friend of mine has read through all of the posts made by Douglas and has concluded that had he been a patient of his he would have diagnosed him as Delusional and most probably schizophrenic. I believe initially Douglas gave some sound advice in pointing new or inexperienced members to FEMA but has now laboured the point for far too long and should retire quietly, unless he feels he is able to contribute meaningful advice on another subject.

Regards and good luck to all purchasers

John
HI John,

Douglas would be delighted to retire. If people would stop misinforming i wouldnt have to keep providing the correct information over and over again. I am pretty well pissed off with it too.

Perhaps, you could take over the role , or even better why dont FNs do their own homework , read FEMA and learn a little about india.

regards

douglas
Old May 30th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

Douglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the roughDouglas M is a jewel in the rough

Just a thought,
Remy
Hi Remy,

In a previous post i covered the issue of developers offering a put option on the goan property market. These offers of repurchase (if any) will be withdrawn as soon as the market turns.

regards
douglas
Old May 30th 2007, 4:07 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dickylewis
Douglas

When I am in my, not owned, who knows by whom owned, not taxed by Mr Bast£$D Blair or Fat Lying basta^d Brown: you must pop in for a drink on my un owned balcony.
You either own a huge amount of India or you are just a miserable sod trying to spoil other peoples dreams. I suggest you go and pick on the "who let the chinkies buy MG site" as you seem to have no cred let alone a job!
Please confirm that you are not a Labour cabinet minister or some formof deviant.
Hi again dicky,

Disturbing isnt it, when you find out things too late, that you could have found out yourself with a bit of homework.

regards

douglas
Old May 30th 2007, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rob50
Well let's hope so

I've read through several these Goa property threads and Douglas has made an extremely repetitive contribution to the subject to the point of becoming a Great Bore of Today. Douglas treats his fellow members views and situations, (apart from his few sycophants), with disdain and patronism to the extreme. This smug attitude sickens me and leaves me thinking that he should get out a bit more or find another axe to grind.

Good luck everyone else, hang in there.

rob50
(heavily invested in Goa, commercially and privately)

Hi rob50,

I can see where you are coming from. If you are a FN who is legally running businesses in goa why dont you share the experience with us and contribute, rather than shooting the messenger.

If you are a goan then you will know that everything that i have said is true.

Nice to see that you disclosed your interest, not much for douglas to do in your case.

regards

douglas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.