STNI class BN subclass 137 visa obligation

Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:06 pm
Just Joined

isunasra is an unknown quantity at this point
Question STNI class BN subclass 137 visa obligation

I came to Australia (Adelaide) 2 years before on STNI class BN subclass 137 of Western Australia, which I came to know recently that it was of western Australia, my agent in india told since it was Permanent Residence Visa I can go anywhere in australia, one of my friend was in Adelaide so i decide to come here. Now I am staying in Adelaide with my family, my kids are going to school.

I want your advice that,can I stay in South Australia or I have to move to Western Australia, is there any way to come out of this commitment. If I can come out of this commitment what is the procedure , will there be any problem at the time of citizen or to extend the visa.

If can't come out of this commitment can I move now, since I am having more then 2 year for citizen time left. In this commitment is there a rule that I have to move first 2 year or any two year of my 5 years. If it is compulsory to move and I move now will there be any problem to at the time of citizen or visa extent procedure.

If I can come out of this commitment please let me know the procedure so that I can stay in peace of mind with my family. since I know about my visa I am living in stress thinking what will happen. please if you can help me it will be so nice of you.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:32 pm
no stressin no fussin....

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: STNI class BN subclass 137 visa obligation

can you clarify as I'm not sure of your question mate..

Do you mean you got a state nominated visa to move to WA but you actually moved to Adelaide instead? And now the 2 years are up youre wondering if its still ok to live in Adelaide?

Is this what you mean mate?
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:47 pm
Just Joined

Question Re: STNI class BN subclass 137 visa obligation

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
can you clarify as I'm not sure of your question mate..

Do you mean you got a state nominated visa to move to WA but you actually moved to Adelaide instead? And now the 2 years are up youre wondering if its still ok to live in Adelaide?

Is this what you mean mate?
Yes its a state niminated visa and till date I have spent two years and two months in Adelaide. Can I still live in Adelaide,as I have got WA state sponsorship.
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 3:50 pm

sonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond reputesonlymewalter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by isunasra
Yes its a state niminated visa and till date I have spent two years and two months in Adelaide. Can I still live in Adelaide,as I have got WA state sponsorship.
so you received state sponsorship for WA but moved to Adelaide?
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 4:06 pm

Going by the rules you were nominated by WA so should have moved to WA - the link is here http://www.immi.gov.au/media/fact-sheets/26state.htm

specifically this part
"When a Skilled – Regional Sponsored (provisional) visa holder has held their visa for at least two years they can apply for the permanent Skilled - Regional (subclass 887) visa provided they have lived for two years and worked full time for at least one year in a Specified Regional Area in Australia"

You are not the first person to have been nominated a state sponsored visa and moved to another state despite this nomination. I'm not sure what happens or if you lose the right to a perm visa because of this.

DIAC read this site so maybe someone from DIAC can help
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 4:23 pm

Here you go - here's a link from someone else who received state sponsorship and decided to move somewhere else instead http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705534

Looks like you might be OK as it's a moral obligation rather than a legal one.

More fool DIAC for that

Anyone else you'd like to bring in and do the same for
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:24 pm
Just Joined

Here you go - here's a link from someone else who received state sponsorship and decided to move somewhere else instead http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=705534

More fool DIAC for that

thanks mate for your reply, but still I am confuse and I need some more help (information)
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

More fool DIAC for that

yes
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 5:32 pm
Just Joined

More fool DIAC for that

thanks mate for your help, but still I need some more help (information)
Old Apr 3rd 2011, 7:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

thanks mate for your help, but still I need some more help (information)
When you get a message saying you need to wait for your post to be approved, you just need to wait for a Mod to be around, you don't need to keep posting it

The answer is in Sonlymewalter's post above, it's a moral obligation rather than a legal one.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 6:58 am
Just Joined

can i get more information regarding my visa. i am still confuse that is it ok in staying at south australia or its compulsary to stay in WA for two years. Where should i contact for more expert advise ?
Please please please help me.
I am afraid that while lodging for citizenship if there would be any problem
Old Apr 4th 2011, 7:15 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

can i get more information regarding my visa. i am still confuse that is it ok in staying at south australia or its compulsary to stay in WA for two years. Where should i contact for more expert advise ?
Please please please help me.
I am afraid that while lodging for citizenship if there would be any problem
You signed an agreement with WA, right? You agreed to live and work in the state that sponsored you, right? Did you do what you agreed to do?

As has been said by at least 3 posters here, your obligation to WA is a moral one, not a legal one. If you feel it's fine to be given sponsorship and not live up to your obligations then stay where you are. Only you can answer what you should do.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 8:52 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's a bit late in the day to work out that you've spent the last two years in the wrong state, not sure how the hell that happens but anyway You haven't agreed to do what you signed up to do for the past two years, why worry about it now.
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:18 am
Just Joined

if i dont contact to any department (DIAC/WA government) then is it ok?
Or i should contact them what is the best way?
Sorry about asking such a silly question but this is about my future life which i have to spend in a relax
Old Apr 4th 2011, 9:22 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

if i dont contact to any department (DIAC/WA government) then is it ok?
Or i should contact them what is the best way?
Sorry about asking such a silly question but this is about my future life which i have to spend in a relax
You are not going to get much sympathy here, let alone a comprehensive guide how to continue to lie to the government. You screwed up your future life when you decided it is ok to renege on your obligation, deal with it any way you want.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.