travel document

Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

thuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default travel document

Hi everyone
I am a permanent resident now and I need to travel outside the country for one month. I don't have a passport. Do I need to apply for Reentry Permit to use as travel document?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: travel document

Originally Posted by thuy
Hi everyone
I am a permanent resident now and I need to travel outside the country for one month. I don't have a passport. Do I need to apply for Reentry Permit to use as travel document?
You don't have a passport from your home country?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

no I don't. I'm stateless.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:06 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
You don't have a passport from your home country?
thuy,

I assume you finally got approved? Did you go to that appointment for NSEERS? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539565

What happened to your passport that you used when you came here on your F1? If it expired, can't you apply for a renewal? You've never mentioned what country you're from. That's OK if you don't want to say, but it might be helpful to get a better response from us.

I believe in some cases the re-entry permit can act as a sort of "passport". Not sure if that's true in all cases, but maybe someone here knows for sure.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone
How did you get in without a passport? Or did you just forget to renew it?
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I see. Well I'm afraid I don't know in that case. I'm sure someone else will be along to give you a better answer to your question.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

In that case, I believe you can use the re-entry permit to travel on, along with your unexpired green card. You might just want to double check with an immigration attorney to make sure, before leaving the USA.

Rene
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Noorah101
thuy,

I assume you finally got approved? Did you go to that appointment for NSEERS? http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=539565

What happened to your passport that you used when you came here on your F1? If it expired, can't you apply for a renewal? You've never mentioned what country you're from. That's OK if you don't want to say, but it might be helpful to get a better response from us.

I believe in some cases the re-entry permit can act as a sort of "passport". Not sure if that's true in all cases, but maybe someone here knows for sure.

Best Wishes,
Rene
I just send the office a letter to look in my case. Then they just approved me without going to the NSEERS appointment.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:14 pm

I just send the office a letter to look in my case. Then they just approved me without going to the NSEERS appointment.
Cool, congratulations!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rete
How did you get in without a passport? Or did you just forget to renew it?
I came to the us with a travel document from different country
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

What does wherever you want to go to require to let you in?
Old Nov 20th 2008, 3:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
What does wherever you want to go to require to let you in?
They require a passport or a travel document and a visa