Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:15 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by JamesM
There was a lot of Oil Money laundered.

But nice to see the blue half triumph in that format.

Welcome to Manchester.
There's blue, and there's blue and there's black & white. The reds have red faces, one blue is clear at the top, the other blue has the blues and the B&W are still fourth, but only two points away from second.

Just saying.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:18 am
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
There's blue, and there's blue and there's black & white. The reds have red faces, one blue is clear at the top, the other blue has the blues and the B&W are still fourth, but only two points away from second.

Just saying.
You all need to pay attention to the lilly white who have a game in hand
Old Oct 24th 2011, 12:30 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
You all need to pay attention to the lilly white who have a game in hand
Which, were you to win, would still leave you behind us on GD.

<give me a break, it's been a while since we did so well... it'll change (or not)>
Old Oct 24th 2011, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Which, were you to win, would still leave you behind us on GD.

<give me a break, it's been a while since we did so well... it'll change (or not)>
NUFC have made a pretty good start but from what I understand it's been backs against the wall stuff most of the time but if they can keep a settled team and the defenders keep playing well who knows?

Of course when Pardew reaches his sell by date in the next month or two there is always the forgotten man available.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...n-odd-man.html
Old Oct 24th 2011, 8:35 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by jimf
NUFC have made a pretty good start but from what I understand it's been backs against the wall stuff most of the time but if they can keep a settled team and the defenders keep playing well who knows?

Of course when Pardew reaches his sell by date in the next month or two there is always the forgotten man available.........
Humbug. The last game wasn't a great one to be sure, but they still kept a clean sheet and scored a (fairly) late winner. Yes, it wasn't pretty but far from muttering darkly the crowd raised the team spirit by chanting (for the first time) "Alan Pardew's Black & White Army".

I admit they've only played a couple of traditionally "top" teams so far but if you look at the fixtures (excluding QPR who weren't in the prem last year), they've got 18 points from the seven matches compared to 7 (I think) from the exact same fixtures last year.

I'll take that as a real sign of improvement.
Old Oct 24th 2011, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

jimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond reputejimf has a reputation beyond repute

Humbug. The last game wasn't a great one to be sure, but they still kept a clean sheet and scored a (fairly) late winner. Yes, it wasn't pretty but far from muttering darkly the crowd raised the team spirit by chanting (for the first time) "Alan Pardew's Black & White Army".

I admit they've only played a couple of traditionally "top" teams so far but if you look at the fixtures (excluding QPR who weren't in the prem last year), they've got 18 points from the seven matches compared to 7 (I think) from the exact same fixtures last year.

I'll take that as a real sign of improvement.
Played 4 of the bottom 5 and the two "big clubs" who are really struggling this season plus Spurs and a somewhat fortunate win in the local derby and a promoted club. An improvement on last season yes but I'm not sure I'd get too carried away just yet! At least the crowd seems to have more realistic expectations now though which is something. However, should NUFC manage to get though to Dec 4th unbeaten and manage 2 or 3 wins along the way then that would be pretty good going.

I see Sven is also available now...........
Old Oct 25th 2011, 1:30 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by jimf
Played 4 of the bottom 5 and the two "big clubs" who are really struggling this season plus Spurs and a somewhat fortunate win in the local derby and a promoted club. An improvement on last season yes but I'm not sure I'd get too carried away just yet! At least the crowd seems to have more realistic expectations now though which is something. However, should NUFC manage to get though to Dec 4th unbeaten and manage 2 or 3 wins along the way then that would be pretty good going.

I see Sven is also available now...........
No-one (certainly not myself) is getting carried away. There's no way at all that Toon will be in fourth place and undefeated in a month's time.

Job one is to get to 40 points and ensure survival; they've made an excellent start on that job, that's all. And several times this season they've put on displays of imaginative flowing football which hasn't been seen on Tyneside for 15 years.

Can't I just enjoy it while it lasts?
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:47 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

No-one (certainly not myself) is getting carried away. There's no way at all that Toon will be in fourth place and undefeated in a month's time.

Job one is to get to 40 points and ensure survival; they've made an excellent start on that job, that's all. And several times this season they've put on displays of imaginative flowing football which hasn't been seen on Tyneside for 15 years.

Can't I just enjoy it while it lasts?
As a Spurs fan since I was five, I completely understand this sentiment. Non-stressful survival and some stylish play are underrated pleasures.
Old Oct 25th 2011, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

London Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond reputeLondon Mike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
As a Spurs fan since I was five, I completely understand this sentiment. Non-stressful survival and some stylish play are underrated pleasures.
Oink, we are long suffering fans but we've had some (a little bit of) glory under old 'Arry. Thing is, when he sods off to manage England, back to this scenario we will go ...
Old Oct 25th 2011, 7:02 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by London Mike
Oink, we are long suffering fans but we've had some (a little bit of) glory under old 'Arry. Thing is, when he sods off to manage England, back to this scenario we will go ...
I think we've turned a corner and hopefully we'll get a shinny new stadium sometime soon. I just don't want to be like those bindippers and get carried away when you've not title for 20 years.
Old Oct 26th 2011, 12:12 am
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by Oink
I think we've turned a corner and hopefully we'll get a shinny new stadium sometime soon. I just don't want to be like those bindippers and get carried away when you've not title for 20 years.
A shinny stadium? Are the Hotspurs turning their undoubted talents to iced hockey?
Old Oct 26th 2011, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by London Mike
I shouldn't worry about that scenario - Arsene is due to be the next England manager........
Old Oct 27th 2011, 3:16 pm
forever blowing bubbles

arniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud ofarniedog has much to be proud of
Cool Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

A shinny stadium? Are the Hotspurs turning their undoubted talents to iced hockey?
no they want to move to east London so that harry can be in the part of London he is meant to be in
Old Oct 31st 2011, 8:53 pm
Born again atheist

Ba Ba Black'n'White Sheep.

0-2 to the lads at the interval.
Old Oct 31st 2011, 9:30 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Ba Ba Black'n'White Sheep.

0-2 to the lads at the interval.
Stoke are crap in the second half. Think the game is won for NU.
Crouch has done nowt. Only time they get in the area is from delaps hands. Lol

Edit; Crouch fell over, that was his best play in 75mins...lol Game on.!!

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 31st 2011 at 9:38 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.