Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the name

Old Jan 29th 2010, 7:58 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by Hutch
Something local to your PC then I suspect. I haven't used it in a month or so, but prior to that we watched the X-Factor live on it without any issues. This is with the lo-speed stream mind you - you'll be hard pushed to watch the high speed stream here in Australia no matter how fast your broadband is.
I am able to watch the High speed stream though I do have a fast connection. The only problem I am having with the player is it won't go into full screen. Anyone else having this problem? I am using the Mac version.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:45 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help watching TV online with software called xxxxON or lik? I've forgotten the n

Originally Posted by earlybird
I am using the Mac version.
Same problem.

There is a workaround however. There's a script that works with VLC Media Player and takes the streams and outputs them through VLC. Will see if I can find a link.
Old Jan 29th 2010, 11:54 pm
Living in the mountains

earlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to allearlybird is a name known to all

Same problem.

There is a workaround however. There's a script that works with VLC Media Player and takes the streams and outputs them through VLC. Will see if I can find a link.
That'd be great, Ta!!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 3:09 am
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by earlybird
That'd be great, Ta!!
I found it, but it looks like it's no longer valid. Original page here. Seems like FilmOn changed something to stop the stream hijacks.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 5:57 am
BE Enthusiast

Mochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond reputeMochinbach has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome! It's an Australian Zattoo! Just what I've been searching for! Thank you!!!
Old Jan 30th 2010, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

Peteusa will become famous soon enoughPeteusa will become famous soon enough

Same problem.

Apparently, the FilmOn download will ONLY WORK (properly anyway) with VLC.

I Googled VLC free and downloaded the program onto Windows Vista. It works fine, most of the time, and certainly allows full screen viewing.
Old Jan 30th 2010, 9:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Peteusa
Apparently, the FilmOn download will ONLY WORK (properly anyway) with VLC.

I Googled VLC free and downloaded the program onto Windows Vista. It works fine, most of the time, and certainly allows full screen viewing.
But FilmOn does not use VLC to play stuff as far as I know - it has it's own player built in and when downloading their s no requirement for VLC to be downloaded. I would have thought the benefit of having VLC installed is because it has most if not all of the codecs you may need built in and thus present on your system.

I already had VLC on both machines so it may not be the case but I cannot see any reference to VLC requirement on the FilmOn site?
Old Jan 31st 2010, 12:20 am
Just Joined

jimjon is an unknown quantity at this point

From what I have found..the HDI player is a skinned version of a VLC player with a couple of extra bits tacked on like the channel menu and to handle the secure login processes.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 5:42 am
Australia's Doorman

Originally Posted by slipshot
But FilmOn does not use VLC to play stuff as far as I know - it has it's own player built in and when downloading their s no requirement for VLC to be downloaded. I would have thought the benefit of having VLC installed is because it has most if not all of the codecs you may need built in and thus present on your system.

I already had VLC on both machines so it may not be the case but I cannot see any reference to VLC requirement on the FilmOn site?
Someone hacked the various FilmOn TV streams and wrote a script that bypassed the filmon client and enabled the use of VLC instead.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 7:10 pm
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

And it's all gone tits up again this morning.

Is everyone in the world trying to watch Top Gear or something.
Old Jan 31st 2010, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

No its all gone again. I couldnt get sound on More 4 all day yesterday. Today I cant get very much of anything!

I guess its no good contacting FilmOn, since the version we're getting is possibly being hijacked from them?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 12:14 am
BE Enthusiast

slipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of lightslipshot is a glorious beacon of light

No its all gone again. I couldnt get sound on More 4 all day yesterday. Today I cant get very much of anything!

I guess its no good contacting FilmOn, since the version we're getting is possibly being hijacked from them?
STill down when I tried now. Does anyone on here have a paid subscription as I'd be interested if this makes a difference?
Old Feb 1st 2010, 8:59 am
Just Joined

jimjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Well its kinda working for me..Russia Today ..Dubai Sports..and a few more

But the better channels are not.
I wouldnt want to pay for this..until the reliability is sorted.

I think the menu setup is a simple VLC playlist..this IS ... VLC just with a new coat on !
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

Well, after a reasonable few days, its all gone to buggery again today! I can get most channels, but after about five minutes, the 'subscription expired' logo comes up!

As was previously asked, is anybody paying for this service, or are we all taking advantage of being able to get it free?

Reason I ask, is if I subscribe in proper manner, would I still be getting these problems? Is the company doing something deliberately to put a stop to the free service we've been enjoying?
Old Feb 4th 2010, 7:38 pm
Living in the mountains

Well, after a reasonable few days, its all gone to buggery again today! I can get most channels, but after about five minutes, the 'subscription expired' logo comes up!

As was previously asked, is anybody paying for this service, or are we all taking advantage of being able to get it free?

Reason I ask, is if I subscribe in proper manner, would I still be getting these problems? Is the company doing something deliberately to put a stop to the free service we've been enjoying?
Hmmmm! Thought I'd check it out too. Got the same thing. Seems a little suspicious!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.