Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

DRIVING OFFENCE 12 YEARS AGO - VISA REQUIRED

DRIVING OFFENCE 12 YEARS AGO - VISA REQUIRED

Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice
Default DRIVING OFFENCE 12 YEARS AGO - VISA REQUIRED

Hi All

Maybe this has nothing to do with Marriage Visa but was wondering if anyone can help
My friend and her hubby are taking a vaction in 2008 to US and since her hubby has a driving offence 12 years ago ( not sure what it was ) obviously they are worried they get stopped at POE because really they are just going on vacation for 2 weeks and didn't think they need a Visa for vacation but maybe they do ?

Can anyone help ?

Michelle
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:40 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DRIVING OFFENCE 12 YEARS AGO - VISA REQUIRED

Originally Posted by jeffmich2007
My friend and her hubby are taking a vaction in 2008 to US and since her hubby has a driving offence 12 years ago...
Was the offense in the US? If it was just a moving violation (parking ticket, speeding, improper turn, etc) then likely not. It if was more along the lines of "dangerous/reckless driving", then perhaps they will need a visa.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2007, 12:58 pm
Forum Regular

jeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nicejeffmich2007 is just really nice

The driving offence was in UK but they are going on Vacation to US so my thoughts were they won't need a visa or will they ?

Michelle
Old Oct 15th 2007, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

The driving offence was in UK...
Since the wife did not commit an offense, she doesn't need a visa... and unless this was a very serious offense, the husband won't likely either.

Ian
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for replying. This has helped a lot

Michelle
Old Oct 15th 2007, 3:19 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for replying. This has helped a lot

Michelle
We still haven't found out what the driving offense was. And it all basically hinges around this. There was a post the other week where someone had a couple of driving offenses. No problem you might think! Then it comes out he nicked the car and smashed it up. There's driving offenses.....and then there's driving offenses.
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know what my friends hubby's driving offense was ??? I work with the woman and she didn't tell me...maybe it was drunk driving or something along that line.... i really don't know and i get the feeling she isn't gonna say so i just let her know that unless she says how bad offence it was then its better to call the embassy and get advice because the last thing they want is turned away at POE if anythig shows up on her hubby's passport.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

Michelle
Old Oct 15th 2007, 5:17 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know what my friends hubby's driving offense was ??? I work with the woman and she didn't tell me...maybe it was drunk driving or something along that line.... i really don't know and i get the feeling she isn't gonna say so i just let her know that unless she says how bad offence it was then its better to call the embassy and get advice because the last thing they want is turned away at POE if anythig shows up on her hubby's passport.

Thanks for all the help anyways.

Michelle
The embassy always tells you to apply. This, however, is not the law.