Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK
Reload this Page >

phoning from the UK to Canada on a pay as you go phone?

phoning from the UK to Canada on a pay as you go phone?

Old Apr 20th 2014, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond reputeDashie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: phoning from the UK to Canada on a pay as you go phone?

£29 is a cheap price for a payg phone. I remember some in Tesco that came with a bit of credit too. On the whole an awful lot cheaper there.
Old Apr 21st 2014, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Englishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmaple has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: phoning from the UK to Canada on a pay as you go phone?

Yes phone prices and packages are much cheaper in the UK - I think the CDN companies are profiteering while they can. I remember a Telus guy in Canada telling me that the costs were high due to the fact that Canada is a large country to cover - that was at about the time that Telus recorded record profits! - so I knew what he was telling me was untrue.

The Orange phone with sim card cost me 5 pounds! Which is incredibly cheap. But I'll be glad when I can switch to a contract as 35p a minute is a lot for calls. The contract packages are a lot better.