Reload this Page >

Gas fitter/Plumber in thailand?

Gas fitter/Plumber in thailand?

Old Feb 7th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

1alexmc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Gas fitter/Plumber in thailand?

Hello,

i am currently living in the UK and working as a tutor teaching plumbing and heating. I am Gas Safe registered and have a few other qualifications but britain is just a nightmare place find work at the minute.

I have decided that i would like to try a different country for work and as i have travelled in thailand before and know somebody who lived there as a teacher for 2 years i have a vague understanding of the ways of life.

I am looking to get in contact with somebody who could possibly steer me in the right direction. I could do with alot of advice and maybe even some ideas. I am very broad minded and am not afraid of hard work if the requirement is there.

Heating, Plumbing and Domestic Gas are my main fields but i would consider changing over to non-domestic gas if that was the best chance of finding a career out there.

Thanks for looking at my post and even if you cant help me but know somebody who could i would appreciate it greatly.

Thanks

Alex
Old Feb 8th 2012, 5:47 pm
Forum Regular

Jackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to allJackwow is a name known to all
Default Re: Gas fitter/Plumber in thailand?

Not much call for heating in Thailand! and any manual jobs are usually restricted to Thais only, i.e., you won't be able to get a work permit.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 4:05 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

like someone else said heating isn't really required, A/C yes. Plumbing ? My experience of plumbing is that people buy blue piping and then fit different shaped ends on it to go round corners etc, just get a big pump. Gas is everywhere but people buy a bottle of it and cook with it. I think you will be lucky to get anything with those fields. Sorry to be negative but I would look at something else and something that pays a lot more too.
Old Feb 9th 2012, 7:41 am
Just Joined

1alexmc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
like someone else said heating isn't really required, A/C yes. Plumbing ? My experience of plumbing is that people buy blue piping and then fit different shaped ends on it to go round corners etc, just get a big pump. Gas is everywhere but people buy a bottle of it and cook with it. I think you will be lucky to get anything with those fields. Sorry to be negative but I would look at something else and something that pays a lot more too.
No, thats a good help, i was just looking for options. You say go for something else that pays more, any suggestions?
Old Feb 13th 2012, 4:22 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

for cash a big multi national wins it hands down. Many people teach here which may be an option. Salaries are low though IF you are not very well qualified.