Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > The Barbie
Reload this Page >

Looking for some reassurance

Looking for some reassurance

Old Mar 27th 2009, 10:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of
Default Looking for some reassurance

Hey All

Here's the story. We are off to validate next Friday and have been at this lark for over 2 years now and all the highs and lows that go with. Cant wait for the trip staying for three weeks and hope things go well.

Here is where i need the reassurance i have to give in my application for redundo on Monday I have been in the same job for the last 18 years so will get a few quid in my package. But for some crazy reason i am having those dreaded thoughts , am i doing the right thing , am i off my head taking redundo and moving to the other side of the world which i have never even visited , will i get a job over there etc etc. If things dont work out i wont get a sniff of work if we move back here.

Have been dying to do this since i was 16 so its now or never just looking for more of a family life and being able to plan things to do with the kids and not having to worry will it stop raining. you all know the story we all say the same things. i hate where i am living now and not to worried about getting home sick. Anyway i am finished waffling

So reassure me

And Bernieboy no smart comments and get the beer in the fridge

Ps for those of you who dont know i am a baker.

Paddy
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:19 pm
Just Joined

Colette77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Looking for some reassurance

You only live once. If you want to work then you will always find it. Give your family and yourself a couple of years to settle and everything will be fine. We are validating in June, I cant wait. I grew up in Oz and cant wait to get back. Starting fresh though away from friends. It will be everything you ever wanted ... Good luck.
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

fairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud offairwayskid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Colette77
You only live once. If you want to work then you will always find it. Give your family and yourself a couple of years to settle and everything will be fine. We are validating in June, I cant wait. I grew up in Oz and cant wait to get back. Starting fresh though away from friends. It will be everything you ever wanted ... Good luck.
Thanks Colette

Hope all works out for you too

Paddy
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Use some of the time when you are over to seriously explore the job situation in your particular field.
Also, try to get a feel for the general economic situation here & be realistic about it. The dream is becoming a nightmare for some people at the moment.
Something to consider, if it takes you 6 months to get work, can you afford to live & are you prepared to go through your savings/redundancy money just living day to day.
Lots of luck & have a good trip
Old Mar 27th 2009, 11:51 pm
Happy mum of 2 Aussies

Wanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to beholdWanderlust is a splendid one to behold

Nearly everybody here had to do the same thing.. hand in notice, become homeless or something similar before coming over. Letting go of something that has been your security for so long is scary! But - once you've done it you'll feel much better. You're going to have the freedom to choose where you go and what you do - and it's a great feeling!
Don't worry - your fears are perfectly normal. Deep down I bet you know you're doing the right thing for you and your family. Just take a deep breath, close your eyes and ..... take a leap of faith!
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:15 am
FREE TIBET

Bernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond reputeBernieboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fairwayskid
Hey All

Here's the story. We are off to validate next Friday and have been at this lark for over 2 years now and all the highs and lows that go with. Cant wait for the trip staying for three weeks and hope things go well.

Here is where i need the reassurance i have to give in my application for redundo on Monday I have been in the same job for the last 18 years so will get a few quid in my package. But for some crazy reason i am having those dreaded thoughts , am i doing the right thing , am i off my head taking redundo and moving to the other side of the world which i have never even visited , will i get a job over there etc etc. If things dont work out i wont get a sniff of work if we move back here.

Have been dying to do this since i was 16 so its now or never just looking for more of a family life and being able to plan things to do with the kids and not having to worry will it stop raining. you all know the story we all say the same things. i hate where i am living now and not to worried about getting home sick. Anyway i am finished waffling

So reassure me

Paddy

The beer is chillin Paddy
Old Mar 28th 2009, 12:17 am
BE Forum Addict

framac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond reputeframac67 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All

So reassure me

Paddy
Well you've got plenty of DOUGH so use yer LOAF and RISE to the occasion. I aint even gonny apologise for that. Good luck.
Old Mar 28th 2009, 11:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Guys

Very funny Framac

Bernie make sure there is plenty in the fridge

Paddy
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Location: north east england to south east queensland(cleveland in fact )WE WON THE CUP
bobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond reputebobbyftm has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Guys

Very funny Framac

Bernie make sure there is plenty in the fridge

Paddy
Beer ?? From Bernie ?? You do realise it's easier getting blood from a stone don't you
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:07 am
I'm Old Gregg!

Broad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond reputeBroad Shoulders has a reputation beyond repute

Hey All

So reassure me

Paddy
what type of work are you in?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:12 am
I'm now an Aussie too!!!

shiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond reputeshiels has a reputation beyond repute

Hes a baker. X
Old Mar 30th 2009, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond reputeSally Simpson has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiels
Hes a baker. X
Master baker?
Old Mar 30th 2009, 10:49 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Master baker?
Quick Sparty, a thread about master baking!!!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sallyclaire
Master baker?
Well if i cant get any work i will have plenty of time for that

Paddy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.