Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

New procedure for getting UK police certificate

New procedure for getting UK police certificate

Old Feb 27th 2008, 4:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New procedure for getting UK police certificate

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
I sent of for mine 2 weeks ago and they told me 40 days which i needed it a lot quicker. I called them and they was very helpful. A woman i spoke to said give her 2 days and she will try and sort something. It took them 3 days for the police report to come through with her help. Just called them up and expalin the situationand they might help you out like they did for me.
Just called WHO up? Did you get your expedited police certificate from the NEW process, or you got Scotland Yard to expedite? (that would certainly be a new one on me!)
Old Feb 27th 2008, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by meauxna
Just called WHO up? Did you get your expedited police certificate from the NEW process, or you got Scotland Yard to expedite? (that would certainly be a new one on me!)
I spoke to a woman at the place they process the and explained the problem with the wedding. SHe was very friendly i must say and said she would sort it and she did. Just did the normal one where ya send the £10 postal order.
Old Feb 28th 2008, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

matt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nice

ok..

well i received my 'packet 4' today with my interview date (march 14th) and here's what's listed for police certificates:

as a side note i do find it curious that the website was updated regarding non immigrant visas specifically (see above posts: britishguy feb. 18th).. giving info on when they consider the old ones out of date etc.. (up to august this year) but haven't bothered to give us, the immigrant visa applicants the same info so we know where we stand.

unless of course they're telling me that i now have two weeks before my interview date to apply for a 'current' certificate that takes 10 days to process, (i would imagine not including weekends)

unless i pay £75 to have it done in 2 days.

has anyone had their interview in the last few weeks or about to? if so, could you post letting us know if the subject access (£10) certificate is still being accepted for now.. much appreciated!

Last edited by matt72; Feb 28th 2008 at 12:41 pm. Reason: inserted image too wide
Old Mar 1st 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

kev24 is an unknown quantity at this point

I had my interview for the k1 visa on feb 25th, and there was no problem at all with the old police certificates. The only problem is with the waiting... 4 and a half hours in total for me. All worth it ofcourse!
Old Mar 1st 2008, 9:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the feedback Kev. I anticipate my interview will be before August...hopefully!
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Bsimmer3000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kev24
I had my interview for the k1 visa on feb 25th, and there was no problem at all with the old police certificates. The only problem is with the waiting... 4 and a half hours in total for me. All worth it ofcourse!

Wow Kev thats a long while. I thought my 1 hour was a long while. The day i was there they had power cut in the morning and the back log was huge. Thought it was gonna take hours. Glad it didnt take 4.5 hours though.
Old Mar 2nd 2008, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

kev24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bsimmer3000
Wow Kev thats a long while. I thought my 1 hour was a long while. The day i was there they had power cut in the morning and the back log was huge. Thought it was gonna take hours. Glad it didnt take 4.5 hours though.
An hour, that was pretty damn quick. I wouldn't have minded that! I was quite far down the immigrant que though. oh well, at least I got to have a 3 musketeers bar while waiting, hadn't had one for a while.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

vickiejaynem will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by kev24
An hour, that was pretty damn quick. I wouldn't have minded that! I was quite far down the immigrant que though. oh well, at least I got to have a 3 musketeers bar while waiting, hadn't had one for a while.
hi we are in scotland anyonwe know where we can get ours as this in rest of uk.thanks
Old Mar 9th 2008, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote from the parallel discussion on the VJ forum:

If you follow the link from http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new...iv/ds2001.html it still states the subject access form for immigrant visas, however I think this info page has just not been updated since this link http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_new/visa/iv/ukpc.html clearly states ACPO as the source.

It really does look like ACPO is the form to apply for unless you have already ordered a subject access form and you have an interview scheduled before the 15th August 2008.

~~~~~

Both links now say an ACPO report is required and mention NOTHING about a cooling-off period for the old subject access form.

If anyone has attended an interview in London in the past month and successfully used the subject access form, can you post here please?

Last edited by BritishGuy36; Mar 9th 2008 at 5:50 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 10:26 pm
Just Joined

pisces143 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am currently residing in Pakistan. I need a police certificate from UK for my K1 visa. I had stayed in London, England for some time. My sister sent application for old one on my behalf on 15th of Fab.(Yes i signed and attached the letter of authority) but she haven't got any response yet. I Would appreciate if someone tells me how long does it take to get the receipt. And also do i need to apply for the new one? They asked me for it after the interview. Thanks.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 11:30 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

The old one used to take up to 40 days

for the new one
http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp
Old Mar 14th 2008, 9:21 am
Just Joined

CaliforniaDreaming is on a distinguished road

Having been ready for weeks and weeks with the "old" certificate I threw a fit when I realised I had to get a new one. We are just getting ready to file DS230.
We posted the police certificate application on Friday 3/7 and received it yesterday 3/13. 6 day turn around not bad.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

pisces143 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by English Muffin
I can't see that this has been posted before but apologies if it has.

http://www.acpo.police.uk/certificates.asp

The cost has gone up to £35 too.
Hello Everyone!
I need some help from u guys!
I am currently residing in Pakistan. I need a police certificate from UK for my K1 visa. I had stayed in London, England for some time. My sister sent application for old one on my behalf on 15th of Fab.(Yes i signed and attached the letter of authority) but she hasn't got any response yet. I Would appreciate if someone tells me how long does it take to get the receipt. And also do i need to apply for the new one? They asked me for it after the interview. Thanks.

Last edited by pisces143; Mar 14th 2008 at 1:18 pm.
Old Mar 14th 2008, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

matt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nicematt72 is just really nice

i'll post this in both the police certificate threads so hopefully everyone will see it.

far be it for me to 'cut and run' now as i know this has been a worry for people so here's the news:

i had my interview today and when asked for the police certificate i made a point of asking when the old 'subject access' is no longer being accepted.

the date is APRIL 15TH and this was told to me by the consular official in charge of my paperwork so it could not have come from a better source

hope this helps.. i'll post my account of what happened in the interview on a new thread later..
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:30 pm
The Wee Wifey

LynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud ofLynannC has much to be proud of

I've noticed a few people ask about Scotland, but with no real answer. Do those of us north of the border still get to use the old £10 certificates?

I lived south of the border for a while so do I have to apply for two seperate certificates?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.