From F1 visa to......?

Old Oct 12th 2006, 6:22 am
Just Joined

user_ds is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy From F1 visa to......?

Hello,

First of all, thanks for responding to my previous post on the US forum. I woudn't have thought that there might be so many people willing to share their knowledge with others if I hadn't put my first post on this webside. Thus, if somebody could give me some more advice in such a case..... I have a good education from my country of orgin (chemical engineer) but no work experience in this field. I have been staying in the US on F1 visa for over 2 years. During this time I've completed a proffesional course (irrelevant with my education), but my school failed to submit a year of OPT for me. Now I attend English classes at a diffrent, relatively cheap school, but it doesn't lead to anything. I cannot afford for a university or college and I am affraid of loosing my satus completely. To make things worse, I've been working, being paid with checks, and paying income tax. Do I still have chances for becoming a permanent resident in the US? Should I try to look for a sponsor and apply for H1B visa in the field that I have a master degree, or maybe I can try the same on the basis of a year profesional course completed here? Does it make sense to still keep "student status" If somebody has already broken the law and started working without being permitted to do so? I will appreciate every piece of response and advice. Thanks.
d