Reload this Page >

Provincial program - post landing

Provincial program - post landing

Old Mar 26th 2006, 6:26 pm
Big City Gal

NorthernStar is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Provincial program - post landing

This came up at a different board.
I know when you immigrate on a provicial program, you are obliged to sign a piece of paper, bounding you to that province, yadda yadda yadda.
My question is: if someone signed that piece of paper, yet moved someplace else, would he experience any trouble later on? can his status be revoked or something?
Old Mar 26th 2006, 6:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

steve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to allsteve of 5-0 is a name known to all
Default Re: Provincial program - post landing

Originally Posted by NorthernStar
This came up at a different board.
I know when you immigrate on a provicial program, you are obliged to sign a piece of paper, bounding you to that province, yadda yadda yadda.
My question is: if someone signed that piece of paper, yet moved someplace else, would he experience any trouble later on? can his status be revoked or something?
When I made the application - that piece of paper - was the only document that had to be "notarised", meaning that basically - they can wave their copy around in a court proving - you have signed off on the fact that you are happy to be kicked out - if you do not keep to the "deal".

They will - if they so chose to - track you by way of your SI Number.

As well as being your way of employment - if you do not want to pay medical fees when at a clinic or hospital - one has to produce the SIN card - and it has to tally with an address etc.

So to live in Canada and get what you are entitled too, as a tax payer, you will be "in the system" and you would have to work at it, to deceive the Province that nominated you, if you were to live elsewhere in Canada.

Of course if you are a single person - give it a go - mate.

If you have a family to consider - the word reckless comes to mind.
Old Mar 26th 2006, 6:51 pm
Big City Gal

NorthernStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by steve of 5-0
When I made the application - that piece of paper - was the only document that had to be "notarised", meaning that basically - they can wave their copy around in a court proving - you have signed off on the fact that you are happy to be kicked out - if you do not keep to the "deal".

They will - if they so chose to - track you by way of your SI Number.

As well as being your way of employment - if you do not want to pay medical fees when at a clinic or hospital - one has to produce the SIN card - and it has to tally with an address etc.

So to live in Canada and get what you are entitled too, as a tax payer, you will be "in the system" and you would have to work at it, to deceive the Province that nominated you, if you were to live elsewhere in Canada.

Of course if you are a single person - give it a go - mate.

If you have a family to consider - the word reckless comes to mind.
That's EXACTLY the reply I've been waiting for. Some people think they can decieve the provinces they've been nominated for, esp Manitoba.
Don't worry about me. I applied though the Federal Skilled Worker program and have been living in toronto for almost two years. But it irks me to read others who think they can cut the line and get here faster...
Old Mar 26th 2006, 8:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

pennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond reputepennyhp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NorthernStar
That's EXACTLY the reply I've been waiting for. Some people think they can decieve the provinces they've been nominated for, esp Manitoba.
Don't worry about me. I applied though the Federal Skilled Worker program and have been living in toronto for almost two years. But it irks me to read others who think they can cut the line and get here faster...
Don't get me started on this one!!!
Some people are trying to use the PNP route as a short cut to the now huge skilled worker time frame, but have no serious intention of settling permenantly in the nominating province.
The provinces have quotas and every insincere PNP applicant is depriving a genuine applicant their chance to relocate to that province and the province of an immigrant who is wanted and needed in that province.

It is something I feel very strongly about and it really should be made clear to all who even think about using the PNP route.

Rant over

Pennyhp
Old Mar 27th 2006, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

The Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of lightThe Escapea is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by pennyhp
Don't get me started on this one!!!
Some people are trying to use the PNP route as a short cut to the now huge skilled worker time frame, but have no serious intention of settling permenantly in the nominating province.
The provinces have quotas and every insincere PNP applicant is depriving a genuine applicant their chance to relocate to that province and the province of an immigrant who is wanted and needed in that province.

Pennyhp
Just to clarify that not all the Provinces have quotas: BC for instance has no quota for number of PNP applicants each year - if you meet their criteria, you're in. Mind you, it may be that they have slightly more exacting criteria than some other provinces...?!