Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Brit.Loz
Thanks again. If I can find somewhere to get some cash, or at least an ATM, this 'billy no mates' may well head off to one of them tonight! I guess there could be an ATM at one of those locations anyway?
There's a hsbc bank close to jj's with 24hr. access to atms.

should be here

here's your route
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:08 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ronnie. My UK account is with HSBC so using their ATM would be even better. If I never post again then something happened en route and others can take these tips as bad advice

Thanks Para. Top info skills from you guys and girls on here. I guess no BE folk are likely to frequent JJ's tonight?
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

Thanks Ronnie. My UK account is with HSBC so using their ATM would be even better. If I never post again then something happened en route and others can take these tips as bad advice

Thanks Para. Top info skills from you guys and girls on here. I guess no BE folk are likely to frequent JJ's tonight?
I much preferred drinking in Maguires..it's in the same sort of area. But not sure if they show football..
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:35 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been once - seems an ok place to watch football but not my kind of place - Mr Scottrace quite likes it - reminds him of home - but he is stuck in Saudi tonite so although he will be watching the football it wont be with a pint
Old Apr 30th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by scottrace
I have been once - seems an ok place to watch football but not my kind of place - Mr Scottrace quite likes it - reminds him of home - but he is stuck in Saudi tonite so although he will be watching the football it wont be with a pint
That's a shame, I would have offered the first drink!

I'm not after a rowdy drunken place, just somewhere to chill and watch the game. Where I am staying there is only one English-speaking channel (Al Jazeera English) and none of the foreign ones show our football even with Arabic commentary.

So, it seemed like a good opportunity (footie plus public holiday tomorrow) to sample the night and see if all is good and safe out there in the wider world.

Apologies to all for steering this well off track, I hope nobody will rage about that
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Summary from the US embassy Bahrain for the May day Holiday

For BritLoz, when they mention Juffair, they are usually referring to old Juffair and not where you will be drinking Juffair

On Tuesday, 1 May at 1230 hours, demonstrations are planned at multiple locations throughout the island: Sitra, Nuwaidrat, Tubli, Boori, Hamad Town (Roundabout #17), Malkiya, Bani Jamra, Barbar, Karranah, Abu Quwwa, Bilad Al Qadeem, Sanabis, Ras Rumman, Dair, Juffair and Ghuraifa.
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Lol, nothing will happen to you except maybe falling for the charms of a married Doris in JJs whose husband is stuck in Saudi working tomorrow whilst we are on the lash, Have fun and remember the island is full of pox so bag up if you must
Old Apr 30th 2012, 2:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone know how much they charging for Guinness in JJ's ?

Feeling like an afternoon on the lash with sausage and mash thrown in for good measure

Alternatively maybe an afternoon on the lash in the Rugby club. was eying up those ribs and chips the other night and the food there is way superior to the Dilly. What was good 2 years ago, sadly is no longer
Old May 2nd 2012, 3:42 am
Just Joined

HertsBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Brit.Loz
Did you manage to have your night out in JJ's? How was it?
I to am here on my jack jones and would be happy to share a pint with you and my experiences so far as I have only been here since Jan.
You can PM if you like or we can start a new thread for all the newbies in Bahrain so as not to bore all the oldheads on here with the repeatedly asked questions.
Oh and by the way a big Hello to everyone else, been reading for sometime now and its very entertaining! Thought it was about time to add my 10 pence worth.
Hope to chat with you all some more on some very good topics
Bye for now
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

The Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond reputeThe Dean has a reputation beyond repute

Could I just pop in to say that this is the first time I have ever been the 1,000th poster in a thread!?
Old May 2nd 2012, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Congrats on 1000! Now I can be 1001.
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

oh hell.. make it 1002!
Old May 3rd 2012, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

westendgirl1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by camel jockey
oh hell.. make it 1002!
lol `Day of Rage` obviously rocks!
Old May 3rd 2012, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HertsBrit
Hi Brit.Loz
Did you manage to have your night out in JJ's? How was it?
I to am here on my jack jones and would be happy to share a pint with you and my experiences so far as I have only been here since Jan.
You can PM if you like or we can start a new thread for all the newbies in Bahrain so as not to bore all the oldheads on here with the repeatedly asked questions.
Oh and by the way a big Hello to everyone else, been reading for sometime now and its very entertaining! Thought it was about time to add my 10 pence worth.
Hope to chat with you all some more on some very good topics
Bye for now
Hi Herts. Apologies for delay, new job took my attention away.

JJ's was fine for footie and for a bar snack before hand.

Not sure if always that busy but as a Monday night there was karaoke on. As such plenty of younger (under 30's) guys and girls downstairs, and a mix of people upstairs for the footie.

Only drawback was the smoke. As a non-smoker who loved the smoking ban in public places in UK, I was not prepared for that (I hear it is now law, but just not observed?).

As for catching up, sure send a PM or continue on the meeting up thread on the sandpit, which I saw you posted on.

Keeping on topic, my first week is nearing completion and although seeing some police lining up when on the way back from lunch at Block 338 in Adliya (recommended) with some colleagues on Tuesday afternoon, I have witnessed no problems. In fact I have felt 100% comfortable and relaxed at all times here so far, including that (relatively) late night out on Monday.
Old May 3rd 2012, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Thanks for the updates Brit.Loz, it's a refreshing new perspective.

I haven't forgotten the kind offers for information I have received and will drill you for info soon enough. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that we're actually relocating after all this time.

I'd like to hear from more family groups about their impressions of Bahrain .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.