Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old Apr 28th 2012, 10:32 am
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Work Widow
Thanks RB, I'm anticipating as much.

Hubby will commute to KSA so I'm planning on Jasra, possibly Real Gardens as is close to British School. But Riffa Views also has some appeal. Do you know if the construction is finished or ongoing? I would like to look out upon the "green" of the golf course but not if they're still building.

Thanks
Just a word of warning - Riffa will stick a good 30 mins onto your journey in busy times i.e, school runs and they do love to burn tyres on those roads
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:36 am
BE Forum Addict

flares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond reputeflares has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scottrace
Just a word of warning - Riffa will stick a good 30 mins onto your journey in busy times i.e, school runs and they do love to burn tyres on those roads
Watched the Vialli and Gullit golf invitational at Royal gc. It was on osn sports. Is royal gc same as riffa gc?

Looked quite a nice track with some nice villas
Old Apr 28th 2012, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Well, that pretty well settles it. I believe in reducing the commute and make it as easy as possible for myself and hubby. So looks like Jasra may just be the place!

Do kids ride bicycles to school or is it just too damned hot?
Old Apr 28th 2012, 12:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Well, that pretty well settles it. I believe in reducing the commute and make it as easy as possible for myself and hubby. So looks like Jasra may just be the place!

Do kids ride bicycles to school or is it just too damned hot?
It's too hot Half the year and general risk of getting squashed on the road all year.

Some of riff a villas have great views over the course. Some just look out onto back of neighbors house and have no privacy.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:19 pm
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Thanks for that Tock.

My 15yr old son will be disappointed at not riding his BMX bike to explore the island. I forgot about the maniac drivers on the island.

Not so sure I want to drive myself, but will adapt I'm sure.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

scottrace is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that Tock.

My 15yr old son will be disappointed at not riding his BMX bike to explore the island. I forgot about the maniac drivers on the island.

If you are at the back of the school they can and do ride their bikes - there are quite a few bits of waste ground so there are no roads to cross
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Ok if you are on the same side of wali highway as Brit school, you could scud about on your bmx but jasra is also on other side of highway and it's jolly busy in the mornings with car driving mums adjusting their sportswear and make on the way to drop kiddies off before going for a good session with the personal trainer
Old Apr 28th 2012, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks for that Tock.

I think your 15 year old will soon lose interest in bmx riding when he discovers the pleasures of expat brat girlies with loose morals and even looser panty elastic. Still it's exercise all the same
Old Apr 28th 2012, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

I think your 15 year old will soon lose interest in bmx riding when he discovers the pleasures of expat brat girlies with loose morals and even looser panty elastic. Still it's exercise all the same
Judging by that comment, you don't have daughters. Not grown ones at any rate.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Judging by that comment, you don't have daughters. Not grown ones at any rate.
Absolutely correct. 3 boys.

Don't worry lots of expat girlies to go around, he won't go short I promise.

Lots of anti STD education please mum, I am not sure if it is taught in schools to be honest but the place is rife with pox
Old Apr 28th 2012, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Getting back on topic.

News has it that 30 shots were fired at a gym in sanad owned by a pro-disloyal Sunni.
No one injured
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

Work Widow, I arrived in Bahrain last night (just moved here!). I will be working in Saudi (Khobar) in a month or two, after induction in Bahrain, and the good guys and girls on here have advised me to see if I can request my employers to agree that I stay here and commute daily (Al Jasra was the place I was advised too) instead of moving to the fully expensed Western compound my company will provide in Saudi.

On this basis, like you I asked many questions relating to the current situation in Bahrain, but it does seem that you can choose the right place to be and live a fairly normal life if you are sensible. I don't know how to put the link in but you may find some of my questions and helpful answers on the 'Bahrain before Saudi' thread I started.

Last edited by Brit.Loz; Apr 28th 2012 at 6:35 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Welcome to the madhouse britloz.
Old Apr 28th 2012, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Welcome to the madhouse britloz.
Cheers mate!

I have been in East Africa since 2009 so am currently celebrating (a) 24 hour daily electricity (b) streetlights (c) flat, tarmac roads.

Maybe (I bow to your experience) it will be a madhouse but looking forward to the challenge. Nowhere is perfect and most places have good and bad, so ready to focus on the good and avoid, tolerate and accept any bad.
Old Apr 29th 2012, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Brit.Loz, have already done so from your first posting. I've been "bored" for a while now and soak up anything and everything Bahrain. Research, research!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.