Reload this Page >

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Old May 3rd 2012, 4:14 pm
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Day Of Rage In Bahrain Demonstration

Originally Posted by Work Widow
Thanks for the updates Brit.Loz, it's a refreshing new perspective.

I haven't forgotten the kind offers for information I have received and will drill you for info soon enough. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that we're actually relocating after all this time.

I'd like to hear from more family groups about their impressions of Bahrain .
You're welcome. I'm the least expert of all, but may well be one of the members more relative to you (just moved, asking lots of questions and sharing the experiences etc).

I can't help on the family side as my wife is not coming over until my permanent base is settled and sorted. Other Brits in my office have children with them here and most feel it is fine for them, if in the right areas. Other posters on here may be able to help more on that.

Not wanting to take this topic off the serious issues of the 'protests' etc that Tockalosh in particular is good enough to update us on, so feel free to PM or use my other thread for more general chit-chat so maybe we should keep this one fit for purpose.
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Ok this weekends play time according to the embassies

Please be aware of the following planned demonstrations:

- On Thursday 03 May:
- at 1545, an unauthorised demonstration in Diraz;
- at 1915, an unauthorised demonstration in Bilad Al Qadeem.

- On Friday 04 May at 1945, an unauthorised march along the Budaiya Highway (from Jannusan Roundabout towards Barbar).

- On Saturday 05 May at 1600, an unauthorised demonstration in Bani Jamrah.

�
Old May 3rd 2012, 7:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the updates Brit.Loz, it's a refreshing new perspective.

I haven't forgotten the kind offers for information I have received and will drill you for info soon enough. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that we're actually relocating after all this time.

I'd like to hear from more family groups about their impressions of Bahrain .
Work widow, where are you from ?

I dont think engerland somehow. To help with your language lessons. When you drill someone, it can in the northern interpretation, mean that you will rip his trolleys and rods off and make him have demanding and energetic sex. Just a thought. Have a nice day y'alll.
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Paracletus will become famous soon enoughParacletus will become famous soon enough

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...926431856.html

Also this.
Old May 5th 2012, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Work widow, where are you from ?

I dont think engerland somehow. To help with your language lessons. When you drill someone, it can in the northern interpretation, mean that you will rip his trolleys and rods off and make him have demanding and energetic sex. Just a thought. Have a nice day y'alll.
No, definately not engerland but English is my first language and I come from an engineering/mining background so "drill" has an entirely different meaning from your definition.

But I'm all for demanding and energetic sex as my husband will attest

Last edited by Work Widow; May 5th 2012 at 4:09 am. Reason: clarification
Old May 5th 2012, 4:12 am
Forum Regular

Work Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really niceWork Widow is just really nice

Originally Posted by Brit.Loz
You're welcome. I'm the least expert of all, but may well be one of the members more relative to you (just moved, asking lots of questions and sharing the experiences etc).

I can't help on the family side as my wife is not coming over until my permanent base is settled and sorted. Other Brits in my office have children with them here and most feel it is fine for them, if in the right areas. Other posters on here may be able to help more on that.

Not wanting to take this topic off the serious issues of the 'protests' etc that Tockalosh in particular is good enough to update us on, so feel free to PM or use my other thread for more general chit-chat so maybe we should keep this one fit for purpose.
I've been lurking in these forums long enough to know how far off topic they can go, so far as keeping this one "fit for purpose", just take a peak at some of the other posts and threads.
Old May 5th 2012, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Brit.Loz is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been lurking in these forums long enough to know how far off topic they can go, so far as keeping this one "fit for purpose", just take a peak at some of the other posts and threads.
Ok that's cool then
Old May 5th 2012, 5:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Another IED, this time in Bani Jamrah during the afternoon. 1 police officer seriously injured, a couple less seriously injured. Reports indicate that the IEDs are improving in efficiency.

Of course I heard nothing in the Green Oasis this afternoon so do I believe a word of it?
Old May 5th 2012, 5:31 pm
Token Scandinavian Bloke

norsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond reputenorsk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tockalosh
Another IED, this time in Bani Jamrah during the afternoon. 1 police officer seriously injured, a couple less seriously injured. Reports indicate that the IEDs are improving in efficiency.

Of course I heard nothing in the Green Oasis this afternoon so do I believe a word of it?
IED = Imaginary Explosive Device?
Old May 10th 2012, 1:54 pm
Forum Regular

camel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to allcamel jockey is a name known to all

An update from our security at work:
On Thursday, 10 May:
. At 1645 hours, a demonstration is planned in the vicinity of Tubli.

On Friday, 11 May:
. At 1200 hours, a demonstration is planned in the vicinity of Diraz. Expect heavy traffic and delays along Budaiya Hwy and Janabiya Hwy.

. At 2015 hours, a demonstration is planned in the vicinity of Tubli.

On Saturday, 12 May:
. At 1630 hours, a march is planned along Shaikh Salman Hwy (Furniture Road).

. At 1930 hours, a demonstration is planned in the vicinity of Tubli.
Old May 10th 2012, 3:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

at least three IEDs were found on the island located south of Manama, all of which turned out to be fake. Security forces are maintaining a notable presence near the Sitrah police station, which came under a coordinated Molotov cocktail attack last night. It appears that this assault included the usage of a new improvised launching device.
Old May 10th 2012, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

alfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to beholdalfrombarking is a splendid one to behold

why can't they have a solution?
Old May 11th 2012, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by alfrombarking
why can't they have a solution?
Because the disloyals are the precipitate
Old Jun 18th 2012, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

ME08 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Guys,

Do you think it is safe to come to live in Bahrain with a family (2 kids 6 and 3 years old)? My kids were accepted in Riffa Views International school. Is there any one who could share his feedback about this school? Is the commute from Riffa views to the financial harbour acceptable? Thanks in advance for your help!
Old Jun 19th 2012, 5:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ME08
Hi Guys,

Do you think it is safe to come to live in Bahrain with a family (2 kids 6 and 3 years old)? My kids were accepted in Riffa Views International school. Is there any one who could share his feedback about this school? Is the commute from Riffa views to the financial harbour acceptable? Thanks in advance for your help!
Bahrain has quietened down dramatically since the last posts. Action by the disloyals has reduced for the summer recess (its far too hot to protest) just as it did last year. Havent heard a bang for a long time, rarely see smoke in the sky. No tear gas in a long time. There are still troubles in the villages and especially Sitra but as said its very quiet in comparison.

I would say that right now there appears to be no reason not to come other than there are far nicer places in the Gulf to go.

I had close friends who had kids in Riffa Views international school for a term as they chose to live in Riffa Views however they pulled them at the end of the term and got them into St Chris's. Their view was that the schooling was a year behind what their kids had been doing in Australia. Of course if you and yours are American then you will be bang on schedule. If you are European then you may find yourself in the same situation. No idea if you are on the Indian Curriculum.

Riffa Views to Financial harbour in the morning will be easy 35 minute drive, nearly all on major highway if you take the longer stress free route so no worries there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.