Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > US Immigration, Citizenship and Visas
Reload this Page >

Is the I 797C the same as an I 797?

Is the I 797C the same as an I 797?

Old May 20th 2010, 11:49 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future
Question Is the I 797C the same as an I 797?

I got the I 797C for my biometrics and I wondered what's the significance of the C?

My apologies if this has already been asked before, I'm a bit of a tard when it comes to forums, actually this is the first forum I have ever been a part of

TIA
Old May 20th 2010, 11:50 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Is the I 797C the same as an I 797?

Originally Posted by Dudette
I got the I 797C for my biometrics and I wondered what's the significance of the C?

My apologies if this has already been asked before, I'm a bit of a tard when it comes to forums, actually this is the first forum I have ever been a part of

TIA
No idea what the "C" stands for. Never even crossed my mind to ask. LOL

Rene
Old May 21st 2010, 12:57 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Me, either. Got the appointment notice and went to the appointment. Don't think I ever looked at or for a form #.
Old May 21st 2010, 12:13 pm
Dragon with a Wagon

Dudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant futureDudette has a brilliant future

Ah it's no big deal really, I was just curious, thanks anyway
Old May 25th 2010, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

TheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud ofTheCynick has much to be proud of

I recall reading somewhere that a 'C' indicates that it is a courtesy copy sent to the applicant for their records, while the original is sent to the sponsor / attorney.

That may or may not be true, however!