Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

Living In Newfoundland

Living In Newfoundland

Old Jan 11th 2010, 1:50 pm
Just Joined

fornost is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Living In Newfoundland

Hello there we have been in Mount Pearl for three months now we did this the hard way (Hubby came first with teenagers and lived in a tent!) Mum and I and the two little ones came on after (we lived in a Caravan for 5 months). Need to touch base with other people from the UK!!. Are there many of you out there?
Elaine
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:21 pm
Slightly Canadian

Atlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond reputeAtlantic Xpat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Living In Newfoundland

Welcome to The Rock. There is a small group of BE posters here...and a rather larger expat community that hasn't yet discovered this website. Some of us have kids, although rather younger than yours in my case. Is there anything specific we can help with?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 2:53 pm
Just Joined

Hello there many thanks for the reply no there was nothing specific it is just nice to speak to people from the UK .My kids are poles apart in age! my youngest is 5 and my oldest is 18. Hubby and I went on a second honey moon for our 10th wedding aniversary. So I have 3 boys ages 18, 17 and 5 and a little girl of 7 (she was 7 on the 22nd of December).
I just wondered if the English contingent ever got together or did anything specific. I am at present looking for a job! I have an interview on thursday so I am saying a prayer.
Thank you for replying how long have you been here?
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:16 pm
Just Joined

patriciaparker5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know it is good to have other UK folks, but Newfoundlanders will adopt you and are very open and friendly people. Invite them in and they always return the favour.
Old Jan 11th 2010, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Yes I have found that and I am sure we have been out more times in the last three months than we ever went out in the UK. We were only in the UK for 9 years before that we were in South Africa for many years. It is just nice to speak to other people from the UK, and also get some help with finding your way around a bit. Do you ever feel the need to speak to other british people?
Many thanks for the reply
Old Feb 25th 2010, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

nldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond reputenldfc has a reputation beyond repute

We are a friendly bunch on the rock .. Most of the time