Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Tampa or surrounding areas?!

Any Brits in Tampa or surrounding areas?!

Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:51 pm
Just Joined

mcdqpr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Tampa or surrounding areas?!

My husband and I got married a few months ago (I'm American, he's English) and are setting up camp in Tampa over the next few months.

We've lived in London for 4 years and we're keen to meet people in the area so we can hold onto some British-ness!

We're both in our mid/late 20s, young professionals.....my husband is dying to find some bars around here that show rugby and the footie....anyone interested, give us a shout!!!
Old Aug 7th 2007, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Tampa or surrounding areas?!

Originally Posted by mcdqpr
My husband and I got married a few months ago (I'm American, he's English) and are setting up camp in Tampa over the next few months.

We've lived in London for 4 years and we're keen to meet people in the area so we can hold onto some British-ness!

We're both in our mid/late 20s, young professionals.....my husband is dying to find some bars around here that show rugby and the footie....anyone interested, give us a shout!!!
hi and welcome to BE...your OH should have no probs in FL, it's swarming with Brits ain't it?
Old Aug 23rd 2007, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

skinbop is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - we have just moved to Tampa ourselves. My wife is American and I am from Northern Ireland. We can certainly recommend a bunch of bars that will show both football and rugby - typically these are Irish pubs.

Check out MacDintons Pub, Dubliner, etc.

Originally Posted by mcdqpr

Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:47 pm
Just Joined

bluebonnet is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. i am new to florida and DH is a brit and should be here by the end of the month. we are north of tampa.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 7:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bluebonnet
Hello. i am new to florida and DH is a brit and should be here by the end of the month. we are north of tampa.
So am I ... but I dont do foreigners....
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 2:58 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

I think most Brits tend to avoid Florida, but you might find one or two around. Maybe put a "personals" ad in the paper?
Old Sep 28th 2007, 5:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Dan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond reputeDan725 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by skinbop
Hi there - we have just moved to Tampa ourselves. My wife is American and I am from Northern Ireland. We can certainly recommend a bunch of bars that will show both football and rugby - typically these are Irish pubs.

If you like bars and suchlike, there are three main areas in Tampa. One is the above mentioned area around MacDintons, which is known as Hyde Park (Or increasing, SoHo these days - completely gay if you ask me but they are trying to boost its image in typical shallow US style). But, MacDintons and Dubliner are a couple of my favourites and good for the footie, etc as mentioned.

The second area is Channelside, down by the port, which is constantly developing and is good for a night out, right on the waterfront and well worth a visit.

Finally you have Ybor city, which is slightly to the east and is probably the biggest collection of bars/clubs in town. A safe area, however, make sure you don't go wandering out of the immediate area.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 4:56 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

"Any Brits in Florida?"

LMFAO!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 3:45 pm
Just Joined

mcdqpr is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by skinbop

I forgot I had even posted this until I came across it again!

Thanks for the head's up from everyone....To Skinbop: How are you and your wife settling in Tampa? Did you manage to catch the World Cup?!?

Last edited by mcdqpr; Jan 25th 2008 at 3:46 pm. Reason: forgot a bit!
Old Jul 17th 2008, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

Frederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really niceFrederick is just really nice

Pinellas Country here.