Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Old Nov 28th 2007, 8:24 am
BE Enthusiast

tictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond reputetictac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Originally Posted by annqldau
Haven't got it and still want it, you practically a neighbour. Are you coming to the beach on the 2nd of Dec at Bribie?
I wouldn't have thought so
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:06 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Swerv-o
Hmm. Sadly there's a lot of stuff that Amazon won't ship here - Any electronics stuff is taboo apparently.

I've found this place to be pretty good, and pretty keenly priced with reasonable delivery times:

http://www.steeetwise.com.au

I bought my in car FM modulator from them, and it was nearly $40 cheaper than Hardly Normal.

S
I do have the advantage of family in the Uk that will forward on if required, or I pick up on my next trip home if I'm not in a rush.
Old Nov 28th 2007, 9:36 am
has lost The Game

Swerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond reputeSwerv-o has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
I do have the advantage of family in the Uk that will forward on if required, or I pick up on my next trip home if I'm not in a rush.

Yeah, I do too, but it's the arsing about involved that irks me. And the fact that you have to pay the VAT which you wouldn't if it were being shipped straight overseas.

So much for the alleged global marketplace...

S
Old Nov 28th 2007, 10:27 am

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Just ordered some stuff on Amazon in the US - mainly electronic equipment (via rellies in California as they don't deliver this stuff to Australia) - AUD455 delivered to Australia. Same stuff bought here would be close to AUD1000 - more than double getting it from the US. One of the items - a Maglite LED torch - costs USD32.95 on Amazon. The cheapest I've seen it here is AUD130. I've actually seen it in a shop at AUD190!

To take advantage of the weak USD you will need to buy overseas. Aussie retailers are not going to reduce their prices.
The US dollar definitely in the Aussie buyers favor at the moment. And for quite a bit longer by the sound of things.