Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:23 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold
Default Australian equivalent of Amazon?

What is says on the tin - where do people buy their cd's and DVD's
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:28 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australian equivalent of Amazon?

Originally Posted by MartinH
www.amazon.co.uk
Often works out cheaper even with the shipping
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 8:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

MartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to beholdMartinH is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Pollyana
www.amazon.co.uk
But I assume no next day delivery
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:09 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay

Video Ezy

Video-Ezy have tons of shops, and often are a lot cheaper than Ebay, also they have mega clearance sales regularly, so we go and stock up, on dvd's
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:11 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

But I assume no next day delivery
No, but a large amount of stuff makes it to Brisbane in 3-4 days. I've already received the books and DVD I ordered last Sunday Trial and error has taught me delivery from the UK is usually faster than from companies within Australia. Even the library at work orders from Amazon as its quicker than the place they used to use in Sydney!
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 9:48 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

I use Amazon in the UK and just got some DVDs in 5 days from UK to Perth.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:50 pm

annqldau is an unknown quantity at this point

For DVDs and electronic games...

Postage from Canada is supposed to be cheap and we always used to get good offers off DVDs and PSPs etc. from http://www.dvdboxoffice.com/168-7554768-16554773/home/
This firm definitely posts around the world.

Some good UK firms were
http://www.sendit.com/circle/search?...f=dvd&x=20&y=5
http://www.filmnight.com/SearchResults2.asp
not sure if they post abroad though.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:55 pm

www.amazon.co.uk
There's also an
Amazon Canada http://www.amazon.ca/
and
Amazon Japan http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b...8&node=1094656

may be worth checking the price from both.

Here's some others worth a try...

http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/
www.cdwow.com free worldwide delivery apparently
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 10:58 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
There's also an
Amazon Canada http://www.amazon.ca/
and
Amazon Japan http://www.amazon.co.jp/In-English/b...8&node=1094656

may be worth checking the price from both.

Here's some others worth a try...

http://www.realgroovy.co.nz/
www.cdwow.com free worldwide delivery apparently
CDWow are good. Quick, free delivery to Australia.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by Amazulu
CDWow are good. Quick, free delivery to Australia.
By the time you convert does it work out cheaper than buying in Aus.

We have been after the DVD Leon in Aus called The Professional here but no local shops have it so looks like we will have to have delivered.
Old Nov 23rd 2007, 11:05 pm
Banned

Timber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond reputeTimber Floor Au has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annqldau
By the time you convert does it work out cheaper than buying in Aus.

We have been after the DVD Leon in Aus called The Professional here but no local shops have it so looks like we will have to have delivered.
in uk i always bought from dvd.co.uk do they ship to oz? cos hes brilliant fella who runs it.. i reckon he would have your dvd !
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by Timber Floor Au
in uk i always bought from dvd.co.uk do they ship to oz? cos hes brilliant fella who runs it.. i reckon he would have your dvd !
I bought from which ever one was the cheapest by the time the whole package was brought together and turned up as it is amazing the variations in price between the main ones and like shops not one is cheapest for all.

Thought my Mother was bringing it then she turned up empty handed.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

bridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond reputebridie has a reputation beyond repute

www.amazon.co.uk
agreed, I stil get most of my stuff from there...
Old Nov 24th 2007, 3:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Ebay or one of the Amazons - usually UK but sometimes US
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:00 am
Officially Bewildered

Dreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond reputeDreamy has a reputation beyond repute

No, but a large amount of stuff makes it to Brisbane in 3-4 days. I've already received the books and DVD I ordered last Sunday Trial and error has taught me delivery from the UK is usually faster than from companies within Australia. Even the library at work orders from Amazon as its quicker than the place they used to use in Sydney!
This may sound really sad, but you have no idea how much that has cheered me up, lol!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.