Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Vicky1001's various visa related questions

Vicky1001's various visa related questions

Old May 1st 2012, 8:41 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa application fees

Originally Posted by Vicky1001
Hi all

How can I pay my visa fees ? And I have read that I can email the application forms or is it best to print and send to Canadian immigration
Morning Vicky,

If you are asking a question, please be specific - there are over 50 routes to a visa for Canada, and it will depend on what visa you are talking about as to how to pay for it.

If you can clarify, hopefully somebody can help. Also, I will move this to the immigration forum - please keep any visa/legal related queries in there. If in doubt, have a read of the link in my signature which includes a guide as to which bit of the forum is for what.

Old May 1st 2012, 8:48 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: If we did a working visa and went down that route

If we went for the working visa for 12 months and passed and got the working holiday would we have to then leave right away?
No, you wouldn't have to leave right away (you could switch to a visitor visa, for up to 6 months), but you would have to stop working after your year is up. That's assuming you don't get another WHV, or a normal TWP though - obviously if you have another visa which means you would be work authorised then that would give you the right to keep working.

Also if we loved it what would we do than ? Could we try and apply for a visa to let us stay and work or would we have to come back and try and aply like this
You can apply for another visa from Canada, but you will need to figure out which visa route will work for you. If you do love it, then your best bet would probably be to get another WHV, to give you a second year, and then try and get your employer to help you apply for PR.

Also what has everyone else done with regards to work and visa how did you All get work
You haven't given us any info about what you/your partner do, so it's difficult to help you with advice on how to find work without knowing that. Most people on the forum have either moved to Canada because they are married to a Canadian, via the Federal Skilled Worker route ('the list' of 29 eligible occupations) or a Temporary Work Permit after getting a job offer and LMO.

There are also a large amount of forum members who have gone over via a WHV as you seem to be planning, and then managed to get PR - you can search the forum to find relevant threads, and if you want to look at somebody's posting history you can click on their username to see their past posts. There are also two major threads on the IEC program in the immigration forum which would be well worth a read.

Old May 1st 2012, 8:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Default Re: Best visa to use to get into Canada forever

Hi all

My partner for 4 years is a trained motorcycle Machanic
From what we can see on the nova scotia sites or make head and tail from is that we think his skill is one on their list of needed but we need to find a employer for that skill but that is proving quite hard to find ! I was just wondering if anyone had any tips or pointers in the right direction and that would be great
Vicky, can I make a suggestion? Rather than flooding the forum with different questions, it would be better if you slowed down, read the Wiki and searched the forum for info first.

That way, you can figure the basics out first, and then ask more specific questions. I am trying to help you, but you seem all over the place and don't seem to know what you want to do!

Which 'nova scotia sites' are you looking at? You should only be looking at the CIC website, or the official NS PNP one. Where on those does it say that motorcycle mechanics are on a list of needed occupations?

You say an employer is 'proving quite hard to find', but what has your partner been doing to try and find a job offer and how long has he been looking?

As you've been advised before, because of your age and the fact that neither of you seem to have skills in demand (although you still haven't said what you do), you would be best to go over on a WHV and then try and stay once you've impressed the hell out of your employer. That is going to be your quickest/easiest visa route, and means you are work authorised from the minute you get there, so don't need the employer to go through the hassle/paperwork/wait of hiring you on a normal TWP.

I can't see any way that you are eligible for PR without a job offer from the limited info you've given us, and realistically, is any employer going to be prepared to go through all the form filling and then wait 3-4 months for you to be able to start work when they could get a Canadian to start immediately? I'm not sure, but I'd think it would be a pretty hard sell, so a WHV seems to make much more sense.

Last edited by christmasoompa; May 1st 2012 at 9:02 am.
Old May 1st 2012, 8:58 am
Account Closed

Vicky1001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ah I see can you do this on a WHV ? Try and stay that is?
I work in admin and my partner builds military trucks
Old May 1st 2012, 9:00 am
Account Closed

Default Re: If we did a working visa and went down that route

Ah well this seems the best route then the WHV also seems to give a bit more freedom on where to go I just need to find these posts
Old May 1st 2012, 9:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Ah I see can you do this on a WHV ? Try and stay that is?
Yes - see my response to you in this thread. http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=756760

This is why it's better to keep your questions in one thread if they are all similar,so that you have all of the info in one place. I will close this one now to avoid any further duplications of answers.

Old May 1st 2012, 9:07 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Which visa can you take a dog on

Originally Posted by Silverdragon102
I would suggest if coming over with a TWP or other work permit think about pet passport in case you have to return back to the UK. We bought 3 dogs with us when we came over on a TWP
You dont need a pet passport for your dog, you only need a fit to fly certificate which you do (a few days before the flight) regardless of a pet passport.

Canada is "rabies controlled" and accepts dogs from "rabies free" countries (such as UK) without quarantine. If you return to the UK then the dog needs rabies vaccination to ensure it does not get quarantined as it is coming from a "rabies controlled" country.

You should put your dog on your shipping documents, not sure how that works on the different visa as we came SWV. We were hassled by a customs officer when we went to release our dog as it was not on our goods to follow list, thankfully he had to take a phone call and the next officer was a lot nicer.
Old May 1st 2012, 9:41 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Any parrots?
I loved that thread
Old May 1st 2012, 9:44 am
BE Enthusiast

luvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to beholdluvmeboys is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Aviator
You need to call immigration and ask for a Form K9.

Old May 1st 2012, 11:17 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by luvmeboys
I loved that thread
me too, best ever!
Old May 1st 2012, 1:33 pm
Account Closed

Talking Has anyone got a twp or pr after a WHV

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has got a temp work permit or residency after going in on a working holiday
Old May 1st 2012, 2:05 pm
Account Closed

Default Cityvisa.com

Has anyone had dealings with them and are they any good
Old May 1st 2012, 2:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

exenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond reputeexenglishman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone got a twp or pr after a WHV

Hi

I was just wondering if anyone has got a temp work permit or residency after going in on a working holiday
Officially the working holiday 'International Experience Canada' or 'IEC' is a one year visa you can get twice in your lifetime before you are 30. After you have had these two there are no extensions possible. You cannot extend one IEC from the other either, they are two separate applications which both have to be activated by entering Canada through a border.

You can get whats called a LMO which involves a employer pretty much sponsoring you to stay here at their job (but you can only stay at that job) But they have to prove the job has been advertised to Canadians first - with no sucessful candiate found.

You can get residency through a number of options, none of which are very quick. The quickest being sponsorship from a Canadian Citizen/Resident.
Old May 1st 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cityvisa.com

I've seen your various posts/questions around the forum - good luck in your desire to move.

Regarding that site, I'm assuming you mean cityvisas - nope, not used them.

However, they appear to be immigration consultants. Have you absorbed the wiki info on this?

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Immigr...ultants-Canada

There's links in there to approved consultants - and they have to be approved otherwise your application will be rejected.
Old May 1st 2012, 2:32 pm
Forum Regular

Siphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant futureSiphorous has a brilliant future
Default Re: Cityvisa.com

The links appear to be a bit outdated - but here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ve/rep-who.asp

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.