457 to PR and process time

Old Apr 12th 2014, 8:17 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold
Default 457 to PR and process time

Hello all,

Not been on here for a few years but having moved from UK to NZ to Aus we've been through a lot of processes in terms of visas and Residency as the family and I have IRR status in Nz and 457 status here.

I have now been with one employer here for over 2 years on a skilled 457 and want to seek residency here but, some questions...

My employer is ok to sponsor but wants us to pay and use their agent. I know she's very good as she got us here and dealt with a sponsorship change (within same overall company) but the all in fees for her are 4k on top of the PR and medical fees!

How many people have done this themselves as opposed to shelling out an extra 4k?

Also what is the current processing time (on average) for 457 to PR and is an agency submitted one usually faster?
Old Apr 12th 2014, 8:36 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 457 to PR and process time

Originally Posted by teambwr47
Hello all,

Not been on here for a few years but having moved from UK to NZ to Aus we've been through a lot of processes in terms of visas and Residency as the family and I have IRR status in Nz and 457 status here.

I have now been with one employer here for over 2 years on a skilled 457 and want to seek residency here but, some questions...

My employer is ok to sponsor but wants us to pay and use their agent. I know she's very good as she got us here and dealt with a sponsorship change (within same overall company) but the all in fees for her are 4k on top of the PR and medical fees!

How many people have done this themselves as opposed to shelling out an extra 4k?

Also what is the current processing time (on average) for 457 to PR and is an agency submitted one usually faster?
I've moved this over to the visas section as it's more appropriate. Can't help with the DIY but the service charter gives processing as 6 months (http://www.immi.gov.au/about/charter.../visas/8.0.htm) although this will vary case to case obviously. I wouldn't think using an agent changes this much.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 8:42 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks for moving this to the right place....

Really i'm trying to find out if the 'stated' 6 month is most peoples experience in moving 457 visa to PR.

I remember being quoted long process times for NZ (visa and PR) and also Aus (457) and it being completed much quicker.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 9:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Really i'm trying to find out if the 'stated' 6 month is most peoples experience in moving 457 visa to PR.

I remember being quoted long process times for NZ (visa and PR) and also Aus (457) and it being completed much quicker.
No way of predicting it. If its straightforward, and the sponsor is already apporved it might be only a few weeks, but other cases take a few months.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 10:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

The 186 processing time is given as 6 months and I believe it is running about this as well, I thought a touch longer in fact.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Ours took about 2 months (September to November) last year though we were warned 6 months was the norm.
Old Apr 12th 2014, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks, sponsor is a global corporation, approved and has done this before so hopefully it will be a faster that 6 month turn around......:fingers crossed:

Want to start looking at buying rather than renting and also new car leases etc so residency is key.
Old Apr 24th 2014, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

riccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of lightriccardo1888 is a glorious beacon of light

Hi
I am also going fro 457 to pr 186 and after checking on another forum, I have found that the average waiting time is about 100 days. The average has fallen since decision ready has been dropped.

There are new people putting up data everyday all around the timescale above however 1 or 2 still 5 months.

Hope this helps and good luck.