Reload this Page >

Kenya Murder...older memories

Kenya Murder...older memories

Old Feb 9th 2007, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Whataneffort is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Kenya Murder...older memories

Hello everyone,
Is there anybody on here who may have been, or who had parents, in Kenya in the early 1950's? I am looking into the murder of my Aunt in Nairobi in 1952 by her husband, a Sergeant in the Cheshire Regiment. It is a long time ago now but it would be nice to hear from anyone who recalls the case and maybe the victim. 28 year old Mrs Frances Whitehurst.
UK records are hard to obtain from Australia where I am. We are hoping to get MOD records to determine if justice was served, and would like to determine where Frances was laid to rest.
I doubt whether there were too many such incidences, and must assume that this would have been big news at the time in the expat community.
Thank you in advance
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:40 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Kenya Murder...older memories

Originally Posted by Whataneffort
Hello everyone,
Is there anybody on here who may have been, or who had parents, in Kenya in the early 1950's? I am looking into the murder of my Aunt in Nairobi in 1952 by her husband, a Sergeant in the Cheshire Regiment. It is a long time ago now but it would be nice to hear from anyone who recalls the case and maybe the victim. 28 year old Mrs Frances Whitehurst.
UK records are hard to obtain from Australia where I am. We are hoping to get MOD records to determine if justice was served, and would like to determine where Frances was laid to rest.
I doubt whether there were too many such incidences, and must assume that this would have been big news at the time in the expat community.
Thank you in advance

Hi there,

Not sure but this may help.

If you can get a hold of a Kenyan publication and place a classified. But you have to title it “reward for information” this is how the African works ( or doesn’t). These sorts of missions take lots of patience, perseverance and creativity.

Good luck
Old Feb 14th 2007, 3:54 am
Just Joined

Whataneffort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hi there,

Not sure but this may help.

If you can get a hold of a Kenyan publication and place a classified. But you have to title it “reward for information” this is how the African works ( or doesn’t). These sorts of missions take lots of patience, perseverance and creativity.

Good luck
Hello ,
Thanks for that. Well its taken a few weeks but I have managed to locate the important details ie where she is buried. Thankfully in a Commonwealth War Graves cemetery, and indeed determined there are offspring. Now just seeking court transcripts and whether the perpetrator served time.
Old Feb 27th 2007, 9:08 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Whataneffort
Hello ,
Thanks for that. Well its taken a few weeks but I have managed to locate the important details ie where she is buried. Thankfully in a Commonwealth War Graves cemetery, and indeed determined there are offspring. Now just seeking court transcripts and whether the perpetrator served time.
Any progress there mate ?