Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Senior Quantity Surveyor wanting to move to Sydney with family

Senior Quantity Surveyor wanting to move to Sydney with family

Old Apr 13th 2014, 7:17 am
Just Joined

Slwg3210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Senior Quantity Surveyor wanting to move to Sydney with family

Could anyone give me some advice on who might be recruiting internationally for Snr Quantity Surveyors? I am looking to relocate with my family and Sydney is at the top of my list? Also if anyone has an idea of the annual salary in AUD for a Snr QS working in Sydney that would be really helpful.
Many thanks
Old Apr 13th 2014, 7:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Senior Quantity Surveyor wanting to move to Sydney with family

I think you might need to do a bit of legwork on this one yourself, by default all companies should be looking to fill positions with citizens and permanent residents first so very few should be actively looking to "recruit internationally".

I did a quick search on www.seek.com.au for Senior Quantity Surveyors and this is what it came up with. A few are specifying salaries in the early $100ks.

If you are looking for permanent relocation, then skilled migration might be a better option.
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:00 am
Just Joined

Thanks Bermudashorts yes I'm doing plenty research and canvassing with agents but was interested to know if any of the members on this site were working as Snr QSs in Sydney
Old Apr 13th 2014, 8:33 am
Forum Regular

Poitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nicePoitin is just really nice

Hi Swig,

Have you got a permanent visa sorted ? or looking to come on 457?

I think you will get a better response on the ground when you get here..... apply directly to Laings, Leightons, Bovis Lend Lease and Hunchinsons plus Oil & Gas companies - you will know yourself.

I'd say starting salaries $130 but you can get much more depending on area of expertise.

I would say don't limit your self to Sydney - example if into Oil & Gas you need to be in QLD or WA and it would involve fly in fly out.

Hope this helps a little

Poitin
Old Apr 13th 2014, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Thanks a lot Poitin, this is great info.
Visa not in place yet, Im on my second expat posting at the moment and have always been sponsored. Ready for a move for improved quality of living but trying to get a sense of demand and salary to see whether a move to Australia would be possible/feasible, Sydney is my partners first choice.
My experience is heavily waited towards civils, rail, water & renewable energy. I know oil and gas is very niche but certainly open to that.