Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Caribbean > Barbados
Reload this Page >

Citizenship and renewing passport

Citizenship and renewing passport

Old Feb 27th 2014, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Cessj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship and renewing passport

Hello again, hope someone can clarify matters for me before I head down to the Immigration office. I am Bajan-born, as were both of my parents, so I am Bajan by birth. I lived in the UK for most of my life and therefore have dual citizenship. I therefore don't need to apply for citizenship - I don' think? - but I do need to know how to apply for a Bajan passport. I had one years ago, which expired and I have since lost details etc. I don't have any citizenship papers or ID card, though I have my birth certificate, as well as those of mother and I'm working on obtaining that of my father parents...am I being presumptuous in thinking that it will be a straightforward matter to get an ID card and passport?
Thanks in advance...
Old Feb 27th 2014, 11:26 pm

Sunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond reputeSunniebgi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship and renewing passport

As long as you have a valid Barbados Birth Certificate (not a copy of) you can apply for a ID Card.. with the ID card you can apply for a Barbados Passport. the only issue will be the form of ID you present with the birth certificate. although that also should say that your country of birth is Barbados, which then wouldn't be a problem..