Reload this Page >

Step Children In Dubai

Step Children In Dubai

Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

Susannah1970 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Step Children In Dubai

Originally Posted by Patsy Stoned
I would think by the mere fact that he has disappeared from your son's life is proof enough that you have sole parenting. An affidavit stating this would suffice I am sure. Your 18 year old just needs to apply to UNi/college and have an acceptance letter and then his step father can sponsor him. Might be worth a visit to the UAE embassy to talk it through with them.
Is it feasible for my eldest to actually apply to the college, probably take any entrance exams required, get acceptance letter and sort residence visa all in the 30 days? What if we go over the 30 days and what if they don't have a pace for him?

Sorry for all the questions but really need to get this sorted in my head before we make a final commitment.

You have all been really helpful so far.
Old Apr 20th 2011, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Susannah1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
as long as they have a no objection from the Father, honestly we went through this with my cousins little girl, took forever and she was female and only 10, nearly got booted from school because we couldn't get it sorted. Eventually tracked down the absent Father and got consent. As Patsy says check with the embassy
Although the Father is absent I do know that we could approach him through Facebook. However, what concerns me is that our split was not amicable and I know he can hold a grudge and despite the fact that he has left to start a new life abroad I feel fairly sure he will use this to prevent me from moving on with my life and doing the same.

If you wouldn't have been able to track down the absent Father and get consent what would you have had to do?

I will definately contact the Embassy but I'm also going to seek legal advice because I am wondering whether the legal system here would be able to intervene and either grant me the permission or sole parental responsibility.
Old Apr 21st 2011, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Susannah1970
Is it feasible for my eldest to actually apply to the college, probably take any entrance exams required, get acceptance letter and sort residence visa all in the 30 days? What if we go over the 30 days and what if they don't have a pace for him?

Sorry for all the questions but really need to get this sorted in my head before we make a final commitment.

You have all been really helpful so far.
you don't need to do it all within 30 days, you can do a visa run which you will all have to do ,I'm sure, it will take forever to sort residence visas out
You can just do a visa run with your son every month via Hatta.Infact if he doesn't get a place at Uni for a while it will be fine doing the visa run all the time...there are people here who never get their residence visa and just go in and out all the time :-)
do a search for info on visa runs