Reload this Page >

I-751 waiver filing and trip abroad

I-751 waiver filing and trip abroad

Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

seekinghelp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I-751 waiver filing and trip abroad

Hi folks,
one technical question. My green card expires at the end of July and my lawyer and I have all the docs ready to file. We haven't filed yet, though, (it's a divorce case) because I am leaving the country for about two months and we don't wanna risk to receive a biometric appointment while I am abroad and cannot attend it. So my lawyer will file around 2-3 weeks before I come back to the US, so that I will get the appointment once back.

The fact is: I will coming back to the US only 3 days before my green card expires. My lawyer will fax me a copy of my NOA-1, so that I can show the immigration officers at the border that I am renewing my card.

My question is: will I have any problem re-entering the country? I ask because my green card expiration date would be very close, but again I will have already filed for the waiver and will have a copy of NOA-1 on hand.

Thanks all!!
Old Apr 23rd 2012, 11:37 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I-751 waiver filing and trip abroad

Originally Posted by seekinghelp
My question is: will I have any problem re-entering the country? I ask because my green card expiration date would be very close
As long as you are entering the USA on an unexpired green card, you should not have any issues.

Rene
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You are not renewing your card, you are removing the conditions on your status. (If successful, you will be issued a new green card.)

Regards, JEff

My lawyer will fax me a copy of my NOA-1, so that I can show the immigration officers at the border that I am renewing my card.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:27 am
Forum Regular

seekinghelp is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
You are not renewing your card, you are removing the conditions on your status. (If successful, you will be issued a new green card.)

Regards, JEff
But I won't have any problem re-entering the country right?
Old Apr 24th 2012, 3:44 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

No issues with regard to status, anyway.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by Noorah101
As long as you are entering the USA on an unexpired green card, you should not have any issues.

Rene

My question is: will I have any problem re-entering the country? I ask because my green card expiration date would be very close, but again I will have already filed for the waiver and will have a copy of NOA-1 on hand.
Old Apr 24th 2012, 12:06 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

But I won't have any problem re-entering the country right?
Not because of anything related to your GC... which is valid up to and including the day it expires. It's a non-issue.

Ian