Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > The Maple Leaf
Reload this Page >

The Toon Army / EPL thread

The Toon Army / EPL thread

Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:07 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The Toon Army / EPL thread

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian
Wow you can put people on IGNORE who knew
More and more people I suspect...

It appears he can read my posts hence his comment or read my quotes when posted by other posters so what is the point of the IGNORE function
I helps to alleviate the feeling of helplessness of having to wade through yet more vapid nonsense in my experience. Maybe you shoud try it.

Last edited by iaink; Apr 19th 2012 at 3:09 pm.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
More and more people I suspect...

I helps to alleviate the feeling of helplessness of having to wade through yet more vapid nonsense in my experience. Maybe you shoud try it.
Nah I enjoy the banter.
Imagine its 1966 and you are a 6 and a half year old kid and England has just won the World Cup and you are living in Lancashire. You are no more than 30 miles away from the following clubs Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley, Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool, Southport, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City & Manchester United which would you choose?
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:18 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Tranmere Rovers
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Partially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond reputePartially discharged has a reputation beyond repute

Nah I enjoy the banter.
Imagine its 1966 and you are a 6 and a half year old kid and England has just won the World Cup and you are living in Lancashire. You are no more than 30 miles away from the following clubs Preston North End, Blackburn Rovers, Burnley, Bolton Wanderers, Blackpool, Southport, Liverpool, Everton, Manchester City & Manchester United which would you choose?
Er...you missed the mighty Accrington Stanley and the town of my birthplace Stockport County.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 3:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partially discharged
Er...you missed the mighty Accrington Stanley and the town of my birthplace Stockport County.
Stanley werent a proper league club then and neither were Wigan or Morecambe. Yeah I admit I missed Tranmere and Stockport.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:26 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Stanley werent a proper league club then and neither were Wigan or Morecambe. Yeah I admit I missed Tranmere and Stockport.
I have a soft spot for Accrington Stanley.

I did a dissertation on Non-league football finance some years ago and of the 3 club's involved Accrington were the guys who really bent over backwards to help me.

My local club Aldershot Town were the most dissapointing.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by JamesM
I have a soft spot for Accrington Stanley.

I did a dissertation on Non-league football finance some years ago and of the 3 club's involved Accrington were the guys who really bent over backwards to help me.

My local club Aldershot Town were the most dissapointing.
Yes lots were sad with what happened to them.
Nice to see us northern folk helping out did the southerners give you a reason
Old Apr 19th 2012, 4:34 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Yes lots were sad with what happened to them.
Nice to see us northern folk helping out did the southerners give you a reason
Laziness primarily.

I also worked with Bath who to be fair were also quite helpful.
Old Apr 19th 2012, 5:23 pm
Moderαtor Emeritus

Acrington Stanley? Who are they

Spoiler:
Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:54 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

Good Article Mr Oink!

http://theprattlingpigskin.wordpress...arry-redknapp/
Old Apr 20th 2012, 2:12 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JamesM
Thank you for bringing this to my attention. And now his horse has gone and died I can't see Harry maintaining the needed laser like focus. I don't like sacking managers who have got a team off the bottom of the table and taken them to Champions league football once and to the brink of it again. But he should be gracefully persuaded to take a little restful time off before he's appointed to the England job.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:55 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Let the games begin! Good luck Toon, good luck QPR! Good luck the Arse!
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:58 pm

Oink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond reputeOink has a reputation beyond repute

That's going to be a big game for you at the Sports Direct Arena.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 11:00 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oink
That's going to be a big game for you at the Sports Direct Arena.
No it's a home game.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 3:53 pm
Born again atheist

A routine 3-0 drubbing of Stoke puts Toon in 4th for an hour or two (at least).

No pressure 'Arry.

Edit: over the last 6 matches they've racked up an aggregate score of 13-1 for all the points. Not bad eh?

Last edited by Novocastrian; Apr 21st 2012 at 4:08 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.