Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Recomendation for a panel doctor in Northern England please - Manchester..

Recomendation for a panel doctor in Northern England please - Manchester..

Old Aug 11th 2006, 2:25 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light
Default Recomendation for a panel doctor in Northern England please - Manchester..

need a recomendation please...its time to book a medical test oh what do i need to take lol....are there any forms I need tro fill in to accompnay the medical?

Cheers

Justin
Old Aug 11th 2006, 3:03 pm
Forum Regular

Craig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really niceCraig&Sam is just really nice
Default Re: Recomendation for a panel doctor in Northern England please - Manchester..

We used Dr Smith @ St John Street Manchester. Very friendly and helpful. Follow the link below for contact details. You can get the meds and x-rays done at the same time. Good luck.

http://www.australia.org.uk/vti/FORM...el_Doctors.pdf
Old Aug 11th 2006, 3:27 pm
Forum Regular

micged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant futuremicged has a brilliant future
Default Re: Recomendation for a panel doctor in Northern England please - Manchester..

Originally Posted by Craig&Sam
We used Dr Smith @ St John Street Manchester. Very friendly and helpful. Follow the link below for contact details. You can get the meds and x-rays done at the same time. Good luck.

We went to the same place, cannot remember the name of the doctor but they were very good.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

daveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of lightdaveandkathh is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by micged
We went to the same place, cannot remember the name of the doctor but they were very good.

Me and Kath had ours done there beginning of July. They were fantastic, would recomend them to all.(Parking up at the G-Mex car park is a good idea, only 5 min. walk)
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:20 pm
Just Joined

The Ingham Clan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

We live in Oldham, I phoned up the St John St docs and was amazed at the cost, it was about 800 quid for the 4 of us, this did include the xrays though. Rang round the others and eventually did the xrays at North Manchester General - and had a ride over to Huddersfield to the Lindley Group Practice for the medical , only 25 mins from us, result was we saved about 250 quid and the doctors and practice manager were absolutely superb!!! If you like to watch your money, have a ring round.

Full break down as follows

XRAYS 25 each (x4) = 100

Medicals 3 adults @ 100 + 1 child (13) @ 55 = 355
6 blood tests (Hepatitus due to tatoos and piercings + aids) @ 15 (x6) = 90
Postage to Sydney 14
TOTAL 559

Lee

Last edited by The Ingham Clan; Aug 11th 2006 at 6:25 pm.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:34 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

we went to doctor millions in st johns street

he was brill

he made all of us feel at ease
(even the 15 yr old daughter)

would reccomend him every time

jan xx
Old Aug 11th 2006, 6:53 pm
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

justin, we are from rochdale as well. we went to huddersfield for ours as cheaper. can park right outside the surgery as well (which is right next door to the hospital where you go for the x-rays)
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:49 pm
Living the Dream!

Mrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond reputeMrs JFW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Craig&Sam

Yup! we had Dr Smith too. No problems. Cost about £500 for 2 adults and 2 kids meds and xrays and I had extra blood test too Hep B and C as a health worker!

Good luck with it Justin.

Jackie
Old Aug 11th 2006, 7:56 pm
Mad Nurse now in NSW

eljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of lighteljustino is a glorious beacon of light

Wow thanks everyone for your replies, very much appreciated, I will indeed be ringing around, money is tight and the more I save the more Ican take over. Will check out both manchester and Huddersfield.

Thanks again

Justin
Old Aug 11th 2006, 8:51 pm
Here At Last!!

frogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nicefrogboy is just really nice

hi
we went to Dr millions at st john's as well he was great with us and kids but it did cost

you can see why he has that name

Lisa
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sleeping Beauty
justin, we are from rochdale as well. we went to huddersfield for ours as cheaper. can park right outside the surgery as well (which is right next door to the hospital where you go for the x-rays)

Hey Sleeping Beauty, hows things?

We did ours at Huddersfield with 2 & 3 year old, & found it very convenient all being so close. No problems there at all.
Old Aug 11th 2006, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

woogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nicewoogle is just really nice

Hi Justin, Where abouts in Rochdale are you ? We were in Wardle, don't miss it one bit
Old Aug 12th 2006, 7:52 am
Never going back

Sleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond reputeSleeping Beauty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by woogle
Hey Sleeping Beauty, hows things?

We did ours at Huddersfield with 2 & 3 year old, & found it very convenient all being so close. No problems there at all.
hi woogle

how have you settled in? any regrets? where abouts have you settled?

huddersfield was good to get to, wasnt it? cheaper than manchester too!!
as we were in the middle of the 2 surgeries, we went with the cheaper one and the easier to park one!!
Old Aug 12th 2006, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

neil&momo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by eljustino
need a recomendation please...its time to book a medical test oh what do i need to take lol....are there any forms I need tro fill in to accompnay the medical?

Cheers

Justin
Hi Justin we and my brother who emigrates next year used Dr Tankall in Salford he was excellant. One of the cheapest too. He isn't doing it to rip you off like a guy my friend went to in Preston, I'll not name names!! We had our Xrays done at North Manchester hospital seperate. My dad who hasn't emigrated even sat in on the medical!! Along with my husband and my Son, a real family affair!
Good luck
Marie
Old Aug 13th 2006, 1:04 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by eljustino

Cheers

Justin
WE toyed between Dr Million in Manchester & The Lindley Practise in Huddersfield..... went to Huddersfied eventually & got to say service was fantastic! Would highly recc'd.
Claire

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.