Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Has anyone on here had to get permission from biological parent to emigrate?

Has anyone on here had to get permission from biological parent to emigrate?

Old Apr 2nd 2012, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Shellsong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Has anyone on here had to get permission from biological parent to emigrate?

There is a chance my husband might be offered a job in Perth.there is no jobs at all for his kind of work in the uk. Infact, many companies are making mass redundancies

We are really excited at the prospect of going abroad...except for the fact I believe I might have to get permission from my older daughters father.

I'm dreading it as he very violent, aggressive and spiteful

My daughter was born in 2006, we were not married but he is on birth certificate

He is meant see her once a month but he actually only sees her once a year for three hours. He pays no child support.

Has anyone been through this process and what happened? Many thanks
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 4:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Has anyone on here had to get permission from biological parent to emigrate?

If you use the Search thread at the top of the page you will find many similar situations
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 5:25 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Has anyone on here had to get permission from biological parent to emigrate?

I did try but couldn't find much

What search terms would you recommend?
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

campervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond reputecampervanfan has a reputation beyond repute

I've just tried "parental permission to emigrate" which came up- tnen if you scroll right to the bottom there may be other links
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Thanks, I'll try that
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 9:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

You should find plenty of threads, it is a very common situation. You will have to get permission or go to court, you will probably win in the situation you describe, but it will be necessary for you to go through that process.
Old Apr 2nd 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks from what I can tell it could take a whopping 10 months to get sorted. Seeing they want my husband to start in July this is awful news.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:46 am
Forum Regular

lynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nicelynetteh is just really nice

Is there anyway you can help entice his decision? You say he pays no child support. Maybe you can tell him that if he does not support your move that you are going to come after him for child support, both ongoing and backdated? He won't be the first deadbeat dad to walk away if he thinks it is going to cost him anything. Maybe get a letter drawn up by a lawyer so he can see you are serious? Good luck!!
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 2:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shellsong
Thanks from what I can tell it could take a whopping 10 months to get sorted. Seeing they want my husband to start in July this is awful news.
If he agrees then it won't take 10 months so you should give that a go. If he doens't agree, well I think it is right and proper that there is a procedure to go through. It would be too easy for someone to say that the father is a deadbeat if there were not checking and it expediates their process.

Moving quickly and children from a previous relationship don't really mix.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 3:00 am
Not actually a squirrel

brissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond reputebrissybee has a reputation beyond repute

Couldn't your husband start in July and you follow six months later?

I know this isn't ideal, but it's a solution.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 7:45 am
Just Joined

I'm not moving because he is a deadbeat Bermuda. He sees my daughter once a year, so its not getting away from him.

We are doing it because there are no jobs in the uk and a potential very good one out there. He lost his job. We have no income. He needs to work ASAP or it risks two little girls losing their home.

Alas I do find it unfair someone who clearly shows no interest should have this much power when it suits him.

Brissy if it comes to it he might just have to go alone. Be very tough with our daughter only 5,months old on the whole family, emotionally and practically.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 8:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not moving because he is a deadbeat Bermuda. He sees my daughter once a year, so its not getting away from him.

We are doing it because there are no jobs in the uk and a potential very good one out there. He lost his job. We have no income. He needs to work ASAP or it risks two little girls losing their home.

Alas I do find it unfair someone who clearly shows no interest should have this much power when it suits him.

Brissy if it comes to it he might just have to go alone. Be very tough with our daughter only 5,months old on the whole family, emotionally and practically.
I didn't say you were moving because he is a deadbeat, where on earth did you get that from?

I am saying that there has to be a process when parents do not agree over removing a child from the country, "they" (the powers that be) cannot just take a person's word for it, it has to be properly investigated.

He hasn't got power, he is unlikely to be able to stop you in the circumstances you describe, but there has to be a process and that process is really for the child's best interests not either parents.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Apr 3rd 2012 at 9:08 am.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:07 am
Just Joined

I know, but the reality is it just means possibly splitting a family up temporarily or missing out on a job, all while with with no income.

I know the law thinks its fair but the reality is not.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I know, but the reality is it just means possibly splitting a family up temporarily or missing out on a job, all while with with no income.

I know the law thinks its fair but the reality is not.
How is it not fair that both parents get to have their say in whether a child is removed from the country or not? And the child gets a say too in the process, depending upon their age. Just because it is not what you want right now, does not mean it is an unfair process.

Do you not understand this? Do you not understand that some people would say the dad is a deadbeat that has had nothing to do with child simply because they have a job offer and want to move quickly. Or because there are some spiteful mothers out there as well as fathers. Try to look at it objectively. It needs a proper process ... for the child.

If you want to emmigrate, it is perhaps something you should have looked into sooner.
Old Apr 3rd 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

How is a fair a violent, abusive man who let his child go homeless and left them in debt is allowed near an innoccent child? Shame on you for supporting this.

How do you not understand this? The law is the UK is not a fair one, think for yourself

Take your judgemental attitude elsewhere I came from practical help so go find another thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.