Reload this Page >

Starting a business in Malaysia

Starting a business in Malaysia

Old Sep 11th 2005, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Stramec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Starting a business in Malaysia

Hi there everyone,

I have been flicking through various sites on the web, looking for a new location for my wife and I to move to for a new adventure and I have stumbled across Malaysia as a potential destination.

Obviously the mm2h seems to be a very attractive incentive for most, but I was wondering if anyone had some information on gaining a visa for Malaysia when you are looking at starting a business?

My wife and I are in our early thirties and wouldn't be able to qualify on the mm2h, we would have the funds to deposit but not the guaranteed monthly income and as it doesn't let you work in Malaysia it isn't an option.

I have been looking at the Malaysian High commission and the Companies Commission of Malaysia and a couple of other sites, but non of them seem to give details of a visa for this kind of entry.

Most countries I have looked at offer some form of entrepreneur/business visa.

Any information of web links anyone can offer would be most welcome as in cost of living, climate, culture etc Malaysia seems a good bet.

Also any experience or opinion on the potential success of a foreigner running a business in Malaysia would be interesting to read.

Thanks in advance

Stram
Old Sep 14th 2005, 12:13 am
Forum Regular

shriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really niceshriver9 is just really nice
Default Re: Starting a business in Malaysia

Originally Posted by Stramec
Hi there everyone,

I have been flicking through various sites on the web, looking for a new location for my wife and I to move to for a new adventure and I have stumbled across Malaysia as a potential destination.

Obviously the mm2h seems to be a very attractive incentive for most, but I was wondering if anyone had some information on gaining a visa for Malaysia when you are looking at starting a business?

My wife and I are in our early thirties and wouldn't be able to qualify on the mm2h, we would have the funds to deposit but not the guaranteed monthly income and as it doesn't let you work in Malaysia it isn't an option.

I have been looking at the Malaysian High commission and the Companies Commission of Malaysia and a couple of other sites, but non of them seem to give details of a visa for this kind of entry.

Most countries I have looked at offer some form of entrepreneur/business visa.

Any information of web links anyone can offer would be most welcome as in cost of living, climate, culture etc Malaysia seems a good bet.

Also any experience or opinion on the potential success of a foreigner running a business in Malaysia would be interesting to read.

Thanks in advance

Stram
Read the entire thread " I quit the UK for Malaysia and loving it" dated 21 Feb 05 on this forum. Some web sites where you can get info are mentioned there.
Old Sep 14th 2005, 8:13 pm
Just Joined

Stramec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Starting a business in Malaysia

Originally Posted by shriver9
Read the entire thread " I quit the UK for Malaysia and loving it" dated 21 Feb 05 on this forum. Some web sites where you can get info are mentioned there.

Thanks Shiver,

I have read through that thread and a few others, it would seem that it isn't a simple operation at all moving to Malaysia to run your own business.

I find it strange that they have no permanent visa for peopel willing to add economically to the society, even if they stipulated that a set number of Malaysian nationals must be employed at all times.