Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old May 20th 2012, 1:31 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Originally Posted by Picklepopps
I also had 'great' news on Monday, that our PR application has been refused. I had applied for FSW as a welder who has 6 years experience with all forms of Laser manufacturing as covered under the Welder title. I had references, qualifications and even a BSc based on Laser welding, not to mention over 10 years with other forms of welding. We applied November 2009.

Our immigration agents have written to CIC for an explanation as to the refusal. I couldn't have been more precise and honest with my application.

The response was " we don't consider you to be a welder, case closed, refund on its way"

We are re-submitting immediately as we feel really hard done by.

We are already established in Calgary now since Sept 2011, on a two year work permit in parallel to our PR application.

More costs required as we now have to renew our Police Clearances (for the fourth time) and have to undertake an ENGLISH TEST?????
$250 each - for Christ's sake , come on.
So sorry to hear your bad news, my family and I are already feeling how you must feel because it is obvious we are looking at a rejection.

Just as you mentioned about being a Welder for many years previous, I too am a Crane Operator for the last 6-7 years and will probably be told that I am not....................

Good luck to everyone here, especially the (wrongly ) refused..............
Old May 21st 2012, 4:40 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Bal uk
So sorry to hear your bad news, my family and I are already feeling how you must feel because it is obvious we are looking at a rejection.

Just as you mentioned about being a Welder for many years previous, I too am a Crane Operator for the last 6-7 years and will probably be told that I am not....................

Hiya,

I don't know if it means anything, but on 7th May, I got the same 'decision made' e-mail, despite us having Visa's/COPR.

I emailed CIC from Canada where we are at the moment, planning our landing etc., in Sept, and they responded 3 days later with;

"Processing is complete and as you say, visas have been issued. We do not administer ecas, but can confirm that there are no changes to your application that require any attention."

Fingers crossed, your ECAS update is also irrelevant and not instigated by CIC

Katie
Old May 21st 2012, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

kat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura aboutkat-b has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Bal uk

I hope you don't get a rejection. It really doesn't make sense. I saw under the new instructions there were such a small number of applications for crane operators so it would be so strange for them to reject you! Good luck!
Old May 21st 2012, 9:45 am
PR living in Vancouver

jobop will become famous soon enoughjobop will become famous soon enough

Below is the reply I got from my appeal to CIC to put my application back into processing, I got the same letter as many that they felt I did not have sufficient evidence in the NOC code under which I applied (0213).

(I have submitted this info on another thread also - but just in case this is relevant to you)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Applicant,

This refers to recent correspondence received at our office requesting reconsideration of your Application for Permanent Residence in Canada as a Federal Skilled Worker.

On November 28, 2008, pursuant to section 87 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the Minister of Citizenship, Immigration and Multiculturalism issued instructions which affect Federal Skilled Worker applications submitted on or after February 27, 2008. Since your application was received on or after this date, your application was subject to these instructions.

The Citizenship and Immigration Canada website and all other material clearly state that an eligibility decision is based solely on the documentation submitted by the client to the visa office. Applicants are not convoked to interview and further clarification or additional documents are not requested. Applicants have always been required to provide detailed information on their job duties to substantiate their eligibility for further processing.

Your application was carefully reviewed according to the criteria specified in the instructions and determined not eligible for processing. You were sent a letter explaining the assessment, thereby concluding the assessment of your application.

Your file is closed and the processing fees you paid have been, or will be, refunded.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application for permanent residence in Canada via the Centralized Intake Office, in Sydney, Nova Scotia.

**Please be informed that we will not respond to further requests to revisit this decision.**

Sincerely,

High Commission of Canada

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am none the wiser as I feel my evidence was sufficient?? Does seem a bit like another generic email, it would not surprise me that others who appeal may get the same thing.

I knew it was a long shot, plus even if we did get put back into processing I am worried that we may be shelved anyway with all the rumours floating about from Minister Kenny's new rules?

Will see what the new rule changes bring and may apply again for FSW, but am thinking I will defiantly go down the route of trying to get employment first, then LMO and TWP, I know its difficult from the UK but not impossible, and then when we have saved a few more pennies (want to be safe than sorry) perhaps a job hunting trip early next year. Then hopefully the PNP route will be a way in for PR.

I don't give up easy and kind of feel relieved that the waiting is over and for now at least we feel in control and not in limbo.

Good luck everyone else in your journeys - hopefully I will be back on here soon chatting and asking questions with regards to LMO's, and yes I have read the Wikki too about job hunting
Old May 21st 2012, 11:23 am
Forum Regular

99problems will become famous soon enough99problems will become famous soon enough

I feel for your guys, particularly as we are just waiting on PPR now having waited 2 years like most of you. The only point I would make is that the common thread seems to be they are sticklers over nailing your experience / qualification under your specified NOC code. My partner is an Occupational Therapist (old list) and had to get an international body to rate her degree to a Canadian equivalent and provide originals of all quals and employer references etc - over the top I know but I think under FSW they see this as probably the most important part of the process rightly or wrongly. Its a bit bonkers really considering the number of people they let in who don't even speak the language properly. To those of you disappointed please don't give up and perhaps consider PNP.
Old May 21st 2012, 11:30 am
PR living in Vancouver

Originally Posted by 99problems
I feel for your guys, particularly as we are just waiting on PPR now having waited 2 years like most of you. The only point I would make is that the common thread seems to be they are sticklers over nailing your experience / qualification under your specified NOC code. My partner is an Occupational Therapist (old list) and had to get an international body to rate her degree to a Canadian equivalent and provide originals of all quals and employer references etc - over the top I know but I think under FSW they see this as probably the most important part of the process rightly or wrongly. Its a bit bonkers really considering the number of people they let in who don't even speak the language properly. To those of you disappointed please don't give up and perhaps consider PNP.
Yes it does seem that way - congrats to you and your PR to follow

And yes the plan is to get a job and go for PNP, easier said than done but it can be done and I don't give up easy
Old May 21st 2012, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Where are you looking to move to? If you need any contacts in BC just drop me a PM ;-)
Old May 21st 2012, 3:08 pm
PR living in Vancouver

Originally Posted by sdo1982
Where are you looking to move to? If you need any contacts in BC just drop me a PM ;-)
We are looking to move to Vancouver - so yes BC.

Am not going to start looking until the end of the year though as we want to save a few more pennies first just in case anything unexpected happens, and it would be sods law that I would end up getting a job quicker than expected when we are not ready (although it would be nice if it was quick)

But yes thanks will PM you as it would be good to get connected with people
Old May 21st 2012, 3:42 pm
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jobop
We are looking to move to Vancouver - so yes BC.

Am not going to start looking until the end of the year though as we want to save a few more pennies first just in case anything unexpected happens, and it would be sods law that I would end up getting a job quicker than expected when we are not ready (although it would be nice if it was quick)

But yes thanks will PM you as it would be good to get connected with people
Hiya,

I would say the trip over here could be the most important thing that you do. I have seen and feel the difference now we're here on a trip, 3 months before we move out. Husband gained his job offer through an informal 30 min meeting he had here through a friend of a friend 2 years ago. When the FSW application was grinding to a halt, the approved job offer was achieved from the UK and I'm Aire that very much helped us along.

Now I'm facing resignation from my career in the UK, I've had some very productive phone calls and meetings with potential employers, in anticipation of September moving date. It has really helped to alay my fears so much.
We have been meeting very many friendly people and it's amazing how many opportunities, invites etc., crop up, just by talking to someone in a store, for example. Most people instigate conversation with us because of the accent, so it's ultra easy to start chatting!

We're also moving to BC, the Kamloops area to be specific, so also feel free to drop me a line too

Katie
Old May 21st 2012, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
Hiya,

I don't know if it means anything, but on 7th May, I got the same 'decision made' e-mail, despite us having Visa's/COPR.

I emailed CIC from Canada where we are at the moment, planning our landing etc., in Sept, and they responded 3 days later with;

"Processing is complete and as you say, visas have been issued. We do not administer ecas, but can confirm that there are no changes to your application that require any attention."

Fingers crossed, your ECAS update is also irrelevant and not instigated by CIC

Katie
Well I sure hope so Katie, I know sometimes it can be 'Decision Made' for other reasons but lately CIC are refusing for any stupid tiny reasons..... I hear something soon, nothing received since 8th May????

I hope you don't get a rejection. It really doesn't make sense. I saw under the new instructions there were such a small number of applications for crane operators so it would be so strange for them to reject you! Good luck!

Thankyou for best wishes Kat-b, we also feel strongly that if they have so few applications from Crane op's ( around 20 out of a possible 500 quota )
last year that we should have an advantage but will see and time will only tell...................

many thanks guys......................Bal......
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:06 pm
BNT
Just Joined

BNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Folks,

Prior to the 22nd June 2012, I had double status in my eCAS (i.e. one stated In Process and the other Application Received). Now, the one that stated Application Received was changed to Decision Made and the other one is still In Process with no other changes in the details section. And when I clicked on the Decision Made, this is what I see. What does it mean?

We received your application for permanent residence on March xx, 2010

We reviewed your application and sent you a letter on June xx, 2012 to my address

Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on June xx, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

- BNT
Old Jul 1st 2012, 3:16 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BNT
Now, the one that stated Application Received was changed to Decision Made and the other one is still In Process with no other changes in the details section. And when I clicked on the Decision Made, this is what I see. What does it mean?
Either means bad news (if Decision Made is on Ecas before medicals are requested, it usually means a rejection), or just that Ecas is up the spout again.

So don't panic just yet, hopefully it's another Ecas glitch.

Welcome to BE btw, good luck.
Old Jul 1st 2012, 4:17 pm
BNT
Just Joined

BNT is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Christmas for your response. I knew in the old system that a decision made before medical request was a definite rejection. Now, I observed that a decision made before medical request is not necessary a rejection. Also, there seems to be a fundamental difference between In Process and In Process with a date. I also found that many people that got a decision made while In Process with a date eventually got their medical request. While those that got a decision made without the In Process date got rejection letters. What are your thoughts?
Old Jul 1st 2012, 5:18 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BNT
Thanks Christmas for your response. I knew in the old system that a decision made before medical request was a definite rejection. Now, I observed that a decision made before medical request is not necessary a rejection. Also, there seems to be a fundamental difference between In Process and In Process with a date. I also found that many people that got a decision made while In Process with a date eventually got their medical request. While those that got a decision made without the In Process date got rejection letters. What are your thoughts?
My thoughts are as above, either a rejection or just yet another Ecas glitch.

Old Jul 2nd 2012, 6:25 pm
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Bal uk;10046936]Just checked E-cas, it says;

I have finally received my CAIPS notes to determine the basis for the rejection of my application and also a reply to the e mail to CIC London asking them to look at the file again.
I am a Software Project Manager with a large company, my line manger provided a detailed report on my duties which are fully in line with the NOC code 0213 and cover them completely. According to my CAIPS notes the officer acknowledges the detailed duties but as my reference was supplied by “Head of Software Engineering” I must report to him (which I do) and I quote “he is part of a team that reports to Head of Software Engineering and therefore is not described in NOC 0213”. It goes on to say “his duties are more related to NOC 2147”. Now NOC 2147 is a computer hardware engineer. I have never even taken the back off of a pc let alone fix one at the hardware level and my degree is in Software. It’s akin to saying the candidate is applying as an electrician but because he reports to Head of Engineering his duties are more related to a plumber. Anyway his supervisor at CIC London agreed with the following statement

“I have reviewed your file and I am satisfied that the case was concluded properly. The officer was not satisfied that you demonstrated experience as NOC 0213. Rather, the officer felt the information on file pointed to your main duties being primarily those of a Computer Engineer - 2147, which is not an eligible occupation.”

I suppose the officers at CIC must be totally overloaded that they are making decisions like this or maybe they have been living in the UK too long and lost their innate sense of Canadian fairness. Anyway I have decided not to pursue the FSW route further but to take extended leave in the near future and to go job hunting in Canada though I am not sure how to start that at the moment. My French is also coming along very well so I will be looking into the Quebec option.

Good luck to everyone else still waiting for news.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.