FSW Employment References

Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default FSW Employment References

Can anyone point me at an example of a suitable format for a FSW employment reference.

I've had a Google looked on the wiki but haven't found anything.

My wife's ex manager has offered to write one but asked for an example. If nobody can point me at an example can someone please confirm that something along the following lines is acceptable (on official company paper of course):

To whom it may concern;

I am writing this to confirm that Joe Bloggs worked as a job title at company name on a full time basis of 35 hours a week between the dates of dd/mm/yyyy and dd/mm/yyyy.

Joe's main duties during this employment consisted of the following:
  • duty 1
  • duty 2
  • duty 3
  • duty 4

During this employment Joe's starting annual salary was £X and final annual salary when he left the position was £y.

Yours faithfully

managers name and signature

-----------------------

Any feedback is welcome
Old Apr 17th 2012, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

scribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of lightscribe123 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: FSW Employment References

PS

Another question

My wife switched to part time employment during her time at the company.

Is a pro-rata salary figure acceptable for that part time period?
Old Apr 17th 2012, 11:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Deeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to allDeeny is a name known to all

Hi,

I had several letters of reference; the first was almost exactly the same as your proposed format. My manager made a comprehensive list of my duties using the NOC duties as a guide, she also detailed my hourly wage as I worked part time.

The second was from my then current employer- as I was a nurse and the job description was a bit long winded she included a copy of my official NHS HR Dept. job description and then added on headed paper a bit about my length of employment, performance and personality etc.

It must have been acceptable as we were granted PR in Dec 2011...

Best wishes for your successful application.

Last edited by Deeny; Apr 17th 2012 at 11:44 pm. Reason: Grammar
Old Apr 18th 2012, 6:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.

Never thought of including the official job description. I'll see if we can get hold of that.

Cheers