Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Old May 7th 2012, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future
Default DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

Just checked E-cas, it says;

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on April 20, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.

feel totally devastated right now, we even used an Immigration Attorney to make certain ( from our point of view ) that our application was water tight!!

We have sent an e-mail to our representative and await his reply but this is seriously horrible news to say the least.

Has anyone else recieved same response please reply.................what a shock

Bal
Old May 7th 2012, 11:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: DECISION MADE BEFORE MED'S, GOT THE WORST NEWS OF MY LIFE!!!

If it is any consolation I received the exact same response when doing my common-law application for PR. It was the only ecas update I received throughout the whole process (other than to say my sponsor had been approved) and a few weeks later the COPR turned up in the mail. My ecas never ever updated to say anything about medicals being received - when you do common-law/spousal you complete the medicals prior to applying.

Maybe someone else who has gone down the FSW route can advise, but at face value the message doesn't actually say you've been rejected?
Old May 7th 2012, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Crushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant futureCrushing has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
If it is any consolation I received the exact same response when doing my common-law application for PR. It was the only ecas update I received throughout the whole process (other than to say my sponsor had been approved) and a few weeks later the COPR turned up in the mail. My ecas never ever updated to say anything about medicals being received - when you do common-law/spousal you complete the medicals prior to applying.

Maybe someone else who has gone down the FSW route can advise, but at face value the message doesn't actually say you've been rejected?
Thankyou for your re-assurance, I have heard of some people being rejected lately and have jumped to that conclusion etc as we have not done Med's...

Thanks for you kind words Victorfoxtrot...
Old May 7th 2012, 11:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

victorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond reputevictorfoxtrot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Thankyou for your re-assurance, I have heard of some people being rejected lately and have jumped to that conclusion etc as we have not done Med's...

Thanks for you kind words Victorfoxtrot...
Good luck - hopefully it is good news. Logic would dictate (but then again!) that if they were rejecting you, they would have at least contacted you to clarify things beforehand. Hopefully this message is to say go and get your medicals done.
Old May 7th 2012, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by victorfoxtrot
Good luck - hopefully it is good news. Logic would dictate (but then again!) that if they were rejecting you, they would have at least contacted you to clarify things beforehand. Hopefully this message is to say go and get your medicals done.
and God help us, it's been a very long and tiring road, that medical requests are coming soon.......
Old May 8th 2012, 4:42 am
Forum Regular

badab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant futurebadab1ng has a brilliant future

Don't get too concerned. My ECAS said the same "a decision has been made" and one month later I was approved.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by badab1ng
Don't get too concerned. My ECAS said the same "a decision has been made" and one month later I was approved.
Thankyou for the advice, I will try to keep more positive. I guess if it is negative our Immigration agent will know how to Appeal after he is told why they have failed application etc..........

Bal...........
Old May 8th 2012, 6:19 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

HI

Originally Posted by Bal uk
Thankyou for the advice, I will try to keep more positive. I guess if it is negative our Immigration agent will know how to Appeal after he is told why they have failed application etc..........

Bal...........
1. A decision made prior to medical on FSW applications is usually a refusal. There have instances where it was an ecas clitch, but not many of those. For a refusal under FSW there is only a request for reconsideration by the program manager, if an error has been made or leave to appeal to the Federal Court of Canada if there is an error in law.
Old May 8th 2012, 9:08 am
BE Enthusiast

sdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nicesdo1982 is just really nice

Fingers crossed for you that its an eCas error.
People who have had Decision Made prior to meds have usually been notified via mail in the following week.
Old May 8th 2012, 9:56 am
Just Joined

basil_spinone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Bal

welcome to the decision made club! I have the same, but without the "We started processing..." line.

I have heard that it can change to decision made if your application is switched from ECAS to GCMS. fingers crossed this is the case for us both
Old May 8th 2012, 10:32 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Just got the same:

Your application was reviewed and we started processing on May 2, 2012.

A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Old May 8th 2012, 10:58 am
Rockies bound hopefully

gandalff is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by basil_spinone
Hi Bal

welcome to the decision made club! I have the same, but without the "We started processing..." line.

I have heard that it can change to decision made if your application is switched from ECAS to GCMS. fingers crossed this is the case for us both
ditto for me too. Also I sent a case specific e mail yesterday do do with updated education and it bounced back 3 times.

Hugh
Old May 8th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

superwench will become famous soon enough

Oh no! I really hope that it all works out. I am on a similar timeline too. How disheartening.
Old May 8th 2012, 2:55 pm
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

DONT PANIC, "Decision Made" doesnt mean anything, its just there to wind candidates up. I really think its better for applicants to just ignore E-cas, the info is always out of date and seldom of any use.

It just means "some aspect of the process has been finished". Most likely it means a decision was made to request medicals...

When something important happens, there will be a letter in the mail, Ecas will just raise your blood pressure.
Old May 8th 2012, 5:11 pm
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iaink
DONT PANIC, "Decision Made" doesnt mean anything, its just there to wind candidates up. I really think its better for applicants to just ignore E-cas, the info is always out of date and seldom of any use.

It just means "some aspect of the process has been finished". Most likely it means a decision was made to request medicals...

When something important happens, there will be a letter in the mail, Ecas will just raise your blood pressure.
You are getting my vote at the moment

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.