NYC INS --- AOS Wait Time

Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:23 pm
Just Joined

laura--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default NYC INS --- AOS Wait Time

Help us!

Here is our case:

I have submitted my husband's AOS documemts on May 2000 at NYC office and I've recently found out that NYC INS office has not even processed his case. (My husband has his second EAD card but it will expire AGAIN in Nov.)

Does Adjustment of Status from F1 (student visa) supposed to take more than 2 years????

When do you think we will have our interview letter/date??

When shall we contact congresss woman/men for help?

Thanks.
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NYC INS --- AOS Wait Time

Only speaking from our own experience with NYC INS, we filed October 2, 1998 and interviewed on June 13, 2000. For us it was a 21 month wait but we were notified of the interview date in March of 1999 so we knew we were in the cheque.

In your case you don't even have that assurance. I would suggest contacting your representative's immigration liaison. Even though you are using NYC you could be living anywhere within 100 miles of NYC so I don't know the name of the person who is your elected representative. You can find them in the blue section of your local phone book and/or online. Call them on the phone and they will probably ask you to complete a form they will fax you or that you can d/l from their website. Our rep's liaison was quite helpful with NYC INS on Jim's behalf but can't help you unless you live in our area of Westchester. Expect a week or two between asking for assistance and actual contact. They are quite busy but will get to you.

Rete
Old Aug 19th 2002, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

laura--- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NYC INS --- AOS Wait Time

Wow, what a quick reply.

I live in Queens and I will contact the congress woman in my area today.

Thanks Rete!