Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada
Reload this Page >

jobs approved by the HRDC

jobs approved by the HRDC

Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:24 pm
Forum Regular

rich1977 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs approved by the HRDC

Hi i'm coming to canada soon I hope and am just trying to find out what companies are good with supporting you to get approved job offers. I've been offered jobs but they are not approved so was wondering what route people took to get approved offers. any help would be great. I am in the automotive industry.

cheers
Old Mar 27th 2006, 4:50 pm
AKA Badger

rod burner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: jobs approved by the HRDC

Originally Posted by rich1977
Hi i'm coming to canada soon I hope and am just trying to find out what companies are good with supporting you to get approved job offers. I've been offered jobs but they are not approved so was wondering what route people took to get approved offers. any help would be great. I am in the automotive industry.

cheers
Hi Rich
When you go to canada stick your head in every garage you can find ,if they are willing to wait they can get the job offer validated by HRSDC themselves by filling in some forms ,this takes about a month for a reply,if you have the relevent qualifications and the company is paying the going rate it should not be too big a problem.Then you get a file number which you can stick in your PR application and it will then be fast tracked,in my case put application in on jan ,and have just recieved medical requests.
Where are you looking to go to?.
Dave.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 5:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by rod burner
Hi Rich
When you go to canada stick your head in every garage you can find ,if they are willing to wait they can get the job offer validated by HRSDC themselves by filling in some forms ,this takes about a month for a reply,if you have the relevent qualifications and the company is paying the going rate it should not be too big a problem.Then you get a file number which you can stick in your PR application and it will then be fast tracked,in my case put application in on jan ,and have just recieved medical requests.
Where are you looking to go to?.
Dave.
hi dave i am looking at going to alberta was looking at edmonton thats where i have been offered a not approved though. but any where in alberta really i have been a mechanic for 12 years and am working for the aa breakdown company at the moment for the past 2 years but i have worked on all cars but i have full nvq paper work but i hear i will have to go back to college to retrain which is a bit of a nightmare but if thats what has to be done it will be done. when do you hope to go how long has it taken you so far??
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:32 pm
AKA Badger

hi dave i am looking at going to alberta was looking at edmonton thats where i have been offered a not approved though. but any where in alberta really i have been a mechanic for 12 years and am working for the aa breakdown company at the moment for the past 2 years but i have worked on all cars but i have full nvq paper work but i hear i will have to go back to college to retrain which is a bit of a nightmare but if thats what has to be done it will be done. when do you hope to go how long has it taken you so far??
It hasn't taken that long really got job offer last may ,went out to canada in november to pass exams,put pr application in jan and have just got medical requests.
You may not have to retrain just pass the journeyman mechanics exam look at www.tradesecrets.org
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:36 pm
Forum Regular

It hasn't taken that long really got job offer last may ,went out to canada in november to pass exams,put pr application in jan and have just got medical requests.
You may not have to retrain just pass the journeyman mechanics exam look at www.tradesecrets.org
what trade are you in i looked at that site eairler and i will just have to sit a test which aint too bad :scared: do you know anyone in canada? where you thinking of moving to
Old Mar 27th 2006, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

i didnt think you could sit the exam till you were there for good ??
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:04 pm
AKA Badger

what trade are you in i looked at that site eairler and i will just have to sit a test which aint too bad :scared: do you know anyone in canada? where you thinking of moving to
I am a welder I dont know anyone in canada apart from a few people we met out there on a research trip last year.You can do the exams any time you want just book them up .If you can get in touch with sait and get the modules the apprentices work from this will help you with the terminology.We are hoping to go to calgary.
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

I am a welder I dont know anyone in canada apart from a few people we met out there on a research trip last year.You can do the exams any time you want just book them up .If you can get in touch with sait and get the modules the apprentices work from this will help you with the terminology.We are hoping to go to calgary.
thanks where would i find out about sait not too sure what that is ???
Old Mar 27th 2006, 9:16 pm
AKA Badger

thanks where would i find out about sait not too sure what that is ???
Sait is this big college it has loads of trade apprentices attending all sorts of classes,it has a large book store that will have the notes you need to study in order to pass your journeyman exams.Do a google search for sait if you have no joy I will find it for you.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:31 am
little snowy owl

Alberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond reputeAlberta_Rose has a reputation beyond repute

SAIT = Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, in Canada. It is apparently well thought of. http://www.sait.ab.ca/noflash.htm

There is also NAIT (Northern Alberta etc... ) which is in Edmonton, and offers similar courses. http://www.nait.ca/
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Morwenna
SAIT = Southern Alberta Institute of Technology, in Canada. It is apparently well thought of. http://www.sait.ab.ca/noflash.htm

There is also NAIT (Northern Alberta etc... ) which is in Edmonton, and offers similar courses. http://www.nait.ca/

cheers for that will check it out
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:49 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

If your a mechanic try FESTIVAL FORD in Red Deer - they did good for us!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:51 pm

Piff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond reputePiff Poff has a reputation beyond repute

cheers

If your a mechanic try FESTIVAL FORD in Red Deer - they did good for us! Just beginning to wonder if we know you guys. The equivelency exam is worth studying for - we know of people that couldn't pass it and had to go back.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:53 pm

i didnt think you could sit the exam till you were there for good ??

If you come to sit the exam, you may well be given a 3 months work permit and you have to pass the exam before it runs out and you only get two goes - speaking from experience
Old Mar 29th 2006, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Piff Poff
If you come to sit the exam, you may well be given a 3 months work permit and you have to pass the exam before it runs out and you only get two goes - speaking from experience

hi piff poff i was going to do my full visa first i have enough points without a job offer at the moment as long as they dont put it up so if i have the visa i will be able to come there study while working at a garage so i have been told ?? is this right a garage in alberta told me this are you a mechanic ? thanks 4 ya help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.